Introducing The New "hot Tip" Flex~Italic Custom Nib

pb2

The new PendletonPoint "Hot Tip" Inspired by the Olympic Flame and Pen Posse pal Mark Bacas, is my

latest Flex~Italic pen toy .... not too far removed from the PendletonPoint Bad Boy & Good Guy!

Yes, I am a Flex addict; at least 1/3 of the exciting writers my 21 pen rotation is flexible. All the others are CIs and Stubs with extra variation. Truth is, my penmanship really sucks rocks without line variation in the total rotation.

Some business owners quote their mantra for success: "Location, location, location!" ... with me its "Line variation, line variation,

line variation! bunny01.gifbunny01.gifbunny01.gif Definitely three bunny stuff! Heck; it's worthy of a Line Dance! bunny01.gifbunny01.gifbunny01.gifbunny01.gifbunny01.gifbunny01.gifbunny01.gifbunny01.gifbunny01.gifbunny01.gifbunny01.gifbunny01.gif

Anywho, Mark B. brought a cool old dip pen (no-name as I recall) that had a hot design to allow for flex. I am pleased to say that the

adaptation is working lushly. Take a look and see what you think. It will have it's debut at the DC Super Show this week. Come light

one up. thumbup.gif

Oh ... I was going to call it the Olympic Flame since it sort of resembles the torch ... buy got more fired up for Hot Tip!

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pendletonII/Spring%202012/Summer%202012/fed94796.jpg

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pendletonII/Spring%202012/Summer%202012/d9a9f0c0.jpg

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pendletonII/Spring%202012/Summer%202012/2c855b89.jpg

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pendletonII/Spring%202012/Summer%202012/d861400f.jpg

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pendletonII/Spring%202012/Summer%202012/51c04ceb.jpg

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pendletonII/Spring%202012/Summer%202012/e73a6114.jpg

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pendletonII/Spring%202012/Summer%202012/358b2c8b.jpg

Edited by pb2

pendletonspens.com

~ May the Lord smile on you ~

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pb2

• USMCMom

• tenney

• goldiesdad

Wow. That's a very neat little way to add flex!

But, what did you use to make those cuts?

Cheers,

Tyler

Edited by TylerK

Cheers,

Tyler

Talk about cute! You smiley guys are cute! .... oh....rolleyes.gif cuts. ... Not a hacksaw, although a jewler's saw might do. But a cutting wheel is the best tool for the job. Don't try this at home unless you are a

trained professional, or at least if you don't mind doing the Oh Dang I Lost My Fingertip Rhumba around the room until the ambulance comes. headsmack.gif

pendletonspens.com

Pendleton--I can not wait to try one of these at the Wash DC Pen show on Saturday!!!

www.stevelightart.com

You are doing great work at returning us to the golden age of full flex nibs.

What is the limit are nails out and regular flex in for these cuts? Just nosy.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Pendleton, have you had much experience yet with the life of these nibs? Assuming the tip of the nib flexes because of the slits, rather than the tines spreading, I find myself wondering if fatique will eventually cause the slits to propagate like a crack and the nib to break.

I'm looking forward to trying one out in Washington.

Cheers,

Tyler

Talk about cute! You smiley guys are cute! .... oh....rolleyes.gif cuts. ... Not a hacksaw, although a jewler's saw might do. But a cutting wheel is the best tool for the job. Don't try this at home unless you are a

trained professional, or at least if you don't mind doing the Oh Dang I Lost My Fingertip Rhumba around the room until the ambulance comes. headsmack.gif

A jeweler's saw might actually get you a cleaner appearance. I'm sorry, but when I saw this, and other nibs of yours, I thought they were hack jobs because the cuts and grinds obliterated the aesthetics of the original nib (like when the top surface is ground down to add flex leaving the abrasion marks). They do look like they perform wonderfully though. With a jeweler's saw, you can get hairline cuts, and the worst you'd have to worry about is having the blade snap and poke into your finger.

Edited by professionaldilettante

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

Blaise Pascal

fpn_1336709688__pen_01.jpg

Tell me about any of your new pens and help with fountain pen quality control research!

Definitely three bunny stuff! Heck; it's worthy of a Line Dance!

LOL - I like your style, Mr. Brown... And your nib work looks truly unique and delightful. I hope to be a customer sometime soon.

Down with crummy pens!

Yahoo! Thanks for everyone's input. Have to answer you all with one reply for the moment; getting ready for the DC Show AND working on my forth coming website (PendletonsPens.com ) today through departure.

I look forward to seeing those of you who are comin' to the Super Show, and getting back with info on the rest ....after some rest. Is this guy ( bawl.gif ) yawning like me? Or is he biting the heads off of bats... again!? blink.gif

pendletonspens.com

Interesting work.

On a secondary note, beware when using "Olympic Flame © ® (and more symbols)", the CIO are more psychopathic than the MPAA or the RIAA when it comes to copyrighted use of words they think they own.

http://i.imgur.com/bZFLPKY.jpg

outstanding :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time