• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KrazyIvan

• kp288908

• rwilsonedn

• antichresis

Thanks! I always enjoy your reviews. And, your photos are always superb. This pen has an interesting look to it and I just might check it out. =)

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

No problem! I just searched for this pen on eBay and I am not able to locate it. What seller did you buy this from? I really am curious about this pen. Thanks again. =)

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Thanks again!

That's a nice looking pen, the nib is interesting. Pity they only come in Fine.

Thanks again!

You are welcome.

That's a nice looking pen, the nib is interesting. Pity they only come in Fine.

It is. I am living with it okay. I mean I started with ultra fine pens, so I should be able to handle this one. :P

Thanks a handwritten review I can read :roflmho:! How did they manage to make that finish so cheaply!

I am glad. I always worry about people being able to read my writing.

They must use the same machine that stamps the thimbles. :D

interesting pen, Ivan! thx 4 the review. i don't think the seller has these anymore, alas!

• 2 years later...

Hmmm, my Hero 565 looks entirely different. I have three of these pens. They were touted as Hero PFM. I got mine in winter 2014, three pens for around $12 with free.shipping. Now (May 2015) the price has shot up and the 'bay sellers I saw wanted $10 shipping.

As to the pen itself imagine a Hero 616 blown up. (barrel diameter is 13 mm at the cap line when capped) I have opened up the nib a but and would call it medium in size. Aerometric-style filler of a good size.

I'd recommend them IF you can get them at a good price.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

I have just ordered mine from "ahai006". Sweet waiting ...

Edited by zdeveric

• 1 year later...

There are loads of these still on eBay. You can buy 15 in a job lot for $57 or individually for $6 or thereabouts. Just search for Hero 565. I have three I bought last year, one teal, one burgundy and one black (the only colours I've found). They're really surprisingly good writers. The metal section 'adornment' is suspect on my teal one, having lifted slightly out of it's slot.

Edit - my 565s are nothing at all like the ones posted by the OP though.

Edited by Aysedasi

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

I ordered one, partly out of curiosity, partly because I'd just been enjoying writing with a similarly-shaped very inexpensive Indian pen, and partly to stave off my urge to buy a vintage PFM. I have to say I'm impressed. The pen is as nice to hold and write with as I'd hoped, and the nib is an excellent, moderately-wet M, very smooth. The pen seems well built, if not from elaborate materials. My only complaint so far is that even repeated pumping won't get much ink into the squeeze-filler. I think they perhaps left out the breather tube that makes this filling system work properly.

ron

You have really really nice handwriting. I don't see why you are concerned over people not being able to read what you write down. They would be the one with a problem!

The pen looks very promising, and the performance as described is right up my alley. Unfortunately, the 565 you can buy on eBay is a different model (maybe this is the newer version?) that has a PFM-like barrel and but with a hooded nib and one of those unfortunate aerometric fillers in older Chinese models. Your pen is quite unusual, and your not-green Mysteriious Blue is also unusual. :jealous:

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.