Diamine Steel Blue

mhphoto

It isn't exactly blue, but I do love it! :lol:

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh494/gunsandlights/DiamineSteelBlueMedium.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh494/gunsandlights/DiamineSteelBluePensUsed.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh494/gunsandlights/DiamineSteelBlueHunt.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh494/gunsandlights/DiamineSteelBlueObservations.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh494/gunsandlights/DiamineSteelBlueComparisons.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh494/gunsandlights/DiamineSteelBlueShading.jpg

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mhphoto

• el.Fakir

• Bhavna

• JayHomeBody

MH, thank you, this is a beautiful ink and fabulous review :clap1: :clap1: !

:headsmack: I promised myself NO MORE INKS (this week..)! :blink:

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Hehehe, those kinds of promises are quite futile… mwahaha :lol:

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Hehehe, those kinds of promises are quite futile… mwahaha :lol:

That, Suh, is a dastardly laugh! 8 inks and 11 pens in 10 days. I can't buy anymore! :yikes:

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

So... youre saying this lovely ink is........ is............ Bullet Proof????????

A Fountain Pen is never just a Fountain Pen.

Thank you for this nice review and especially for the comparisons. These comparative writing samples mean more than a million words for me.

This is slightly out of topic but I want to thank you also for including writing samples of Diamine Sherwood Green. I’ve been searching for a substitute for Caran d’Ache Amazon for some time and just ordered some inks including also Sherwood Green upon many suggestions. Since all the samples of Sherwood Green I’d seen were too dark, almost blackish, green I wasn’t very optimistic about how good a substitute this could be for Amazon until I saw your review. It looks very promising and I can’t wait to try it.

Edit: Typo

Edited by halidak

Regards,

Halid

Thank you for this nice review and especially for the comparisons. These comparative writing samples mean more than a million words for me.

This is slightly out of topic but I want to thank you also for including writing samples of Diamine Sherwood Green. I’ve been searching for a substitute for Caran d’Ache Amazon for some time and just ordered some inks including also Sherwood Green upon many suggestions. Since all the samples of Sherwood Green I’d seen were too dark, almost blackish, green I wasn’t very optimistic about how good a substitute this could be for Amazon until I saw your review. It looks very promising and I can’t wait to try it.

Just for a reference, here's my Sherwood scan.

fpn_1327423060__diamine_sherwood_green.jpg

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Just for a reference, here's my Sherwood scan.

(image clipped)

Thank you, The Good Captain for the scan.

What I see on my monitor from your scan looks like a very close match to Amazon. Hopefully, next week I’ll receive my package containing Sherwood Green along with Emerald and Ultra Green.

If Sherwood Green is indeed the One that I've been searching for, that is great. If not, I won't complain a bit. Although Diamine is a new ink brand for me (if we don't count P.W. Akkerman inks as Diamine), so far I've been very happy with all of their inks that I've tried and wouldn't mind a new green ink from Diamine any day.

I apologize for slightly derailing the thread for my never-ending 'The Amazon Quest'. :embarrassed_smile:

Back to the Steel Blue then.

Regards,

Halid

Lovely shade, one I've been considering for a while. You may just have made up my mind!

"The cultured man is the man whose interior consciousness is forever obstinately writing down, in the immaterial diary of his psyche's sense of life, every chance aspect of every new day that he is lucky enough to live to behold!" - John Cowper Powys

very nice color thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I've used this ink for a few years now and continue to be fascinated with it. I especially appreciated your comparison with other colors in this fine review. I have Diamine Steel Blue in my Nakaya Blue Dragon pen and it is the PERFECT color for it.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for a terrific review.

Both this and Diamine Marine are now on my short list.

So many beautiful inks...

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice; damn

There goes that fox again.

Awesome review, beautiful color. Going to have to try this one. Anyone have a side by side with Syo - Ro. I know they are very different but the both fill the same color slot in my ink rotation. DA petrol got replaced by Syo Ro

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the excellent review!

It convinced my to buy a 30ml bottle, but once I saw it on the page I wish I had bought the 80ml one!

Although it's a little dry, this color is amazing with any size of nib! My new favorite ink. :D

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• 1 year later...

Thank you so much for the amazing review! I love this colour, and I'm thinking that this will be the very first bottle i buy. :)

I am the tarot reading, bookworm, whiskey drinking, witchcraft practicing, old fashioned writing, aunt Beasty in my family and I love it. Tarot readings for sale or trade, especially ink as I've lost all of my pen stuff from a bad burglary last year. And I need penpals! Anyone interested, please PM me!