Burma Road Brown

crazystan

I bought this ink because of the interesting swabs I saw on the Goulet's Swab Shop. I love it because the color matches my 2012 Edison Pearl LEE. This is an ink I turn to when I want something middle of the road in terms of shade, but out there in terms of color.

The color comparisons were written with a dipped Ahab.

post-77062-0-46539900-1342380174.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crazystan

• watch_art

• USMCMom

• ThirdeYe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the review. One thing I've noticed with this ink is that the shading creates a HUGE difference. If I write slowly or on the initial downstroke, it comes out as almost an oily motor-oil blackish green, but if I write quickly it's more of a lighter khaki like you described.

I think I've seen some people say it resembles MB Racing Green, and it certainly looks similar to samples of the Racing Green I've seen on here.

Thanks aschup! There is definitely a speed thing that effects the color, and it is kind of a motor-oil colour, though just not anywhere near the El Lawrence. I also find that it tends toward darker with finer nib pens.

I've never seen/used racing green so I can't really comment on that either way.

Holy cow - next time I'm in Little Rock a bottle of this is going home with me. Super nice! Can't believe I've missed this one!

Honestly, it's a pretty easy color to overlook, especially with all the flashy colors that are out there. I love this little gem!

Well - with a name like Burma rd BROWN, I of course would overlook it. I like browns, but greens? :cloud9: Oh yeah...

It's weird that way, because it really sits on the fence between the two. Some days it will seem more brown, others more green. Either way, I really like it. :thumbup:

It is a great ink. One of my favorites. Stipula Verde Muschiato appears to be superior...I've more testing to do. Thanks for sharing.

It is a great ink. One of my favorites. Stipula Verde Muschiato appears to be superior...I've more testing to do. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the tip on that one, I'll have to check it out.

Your review has renewed what had only been a passing interest in this color. Now ... I think I "need" a bottle. See what you did? It's your fault. Ok, so show 2 seconds of proper remorse.

:ltcapd:

Nice review and it looks like you captured the color pretty well. I haven't used mine in a while and now I wonder why. Time to ink up another pen.

My experience is that it isn't that close to MB Racing Green; BRB has more brown in it. It is pretty close to Sailor rikyu-cha however, and that's a good thing.

Your review has renewed what had only been a passing interest in this color. Now ... I think I "need" a bottle. See what you did? It's your fault. Ok, so show 2 seconds of proper remorse.

...Done!

On a side note, of all the reviews I put up yesterday (4), I figured this one would be the least discussed. I am glad it has spurred so many to at least put it on their want lists.

...Done!

On a side note, of all the reviews I put up yesterday (4), I figured this one would be the least discussed. I am glad it has spurred so many to at least put it on their want lists.

Well, it definitely did that!

One of my favorite colors -- but also one of the worst behaved I've used, sadly. :( Even in my air-tight Platinum pens, it still starts hard. It completely clogged up a Sheaffer Balance of mine, and leaked/flooded from my Parker Vacumatic, then clogged up.

Edited by ThirdeYe

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

One of my favorite colors -- but also one of the worst behaved I've used, sadly. :( Even in my air-tight Platinum pens, it still starts hard. It completely clogged up a Sheaffer Balance of mine, and leaked/flooded from my Parker Vacumatic, then clogged up.

Really???

Hmmmm.....

second thoughts... second thoughts...

The strange thing is that it wasn't really "dry". Once it was writing, it was actually a little bit wet flowing from my Platinum. However, getting it there took a bit of work (if it didn't completely clog up by that point). A very strange ink... beautiful once you get it going.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

Really???

Hmmmm.....

I'll probably just jump on in there and if it's toooo dry, figure out how to make it less so. I really like that color.

Really???

Hmmmm.....

I'll probably just jump on in there and if it's toooo dry, figure out how to make it less so. I really like that color.

I can send you a sample of it if you'd like -- shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Derek

Derek's Pens and Pencils