#1 imahawki

imahawki

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2012 - 17:12

I'm looking for a couple pen cases. One would be a larger capacity one for home and another would be for my work bag. Right now my pens rattle around in a side pouch of my laptop bag. The home one would ideally hold up to 20 pens and the work one would be 4-6. Recommendations?

#2 lovementos

lovementos

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2012 - 17:30

I'm looking for a couple pen cases. One would be a larger capacity one for home and another would be for my work bag. Right now my pens rattle around in a side pouch of my laptop bag. The home one would ideally hold up to 20 pens and the work one would be 4-6. Recommendations?

Bought this: http://cgi.ebay.ca/w...em=160782407466 (no affil.). Just arrived today. Very simple, which was what I was looking for. Also, when I was looking for pen cases, I calculated the price for each pen slot. This was the cheapest I could find. Hope this helps :)

Edit: A strange coincidence that I saw this as I was on my way to leaving feedback for the seller on eBay :lol:

Edited by lovementos, 24 April 2012 - 17:33.

#3 sjf

sjf

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2012 - 19:40

I like the cplay Sevenroll case very much indeed:

http://www.designedb...e-pen-case.html

I've linked here because they have the best pictures of it. It's available from Jetpens whom I recommend simply as a very happy customer.
I actually bought mine a while back from ebay when it was temporarily discounted. I currently carry six pens in in and an assortment of cartridges and things in the zip pocket. So, that's four normal pens two each in two pockets and one per pocket for two more fatter pens. The lefthand most pocket is a little narrower than the other three pockets.
It is a bit bulky as a means of carrying six pends. But aesthetically it appeals to me a great deal: it is a very well made, attractive object that does its job well.

#4 Trillium

Trillium

Inkaholic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2012 - 20:19

Keep in touch with me, I have a seamstress making custom pen rolls for me out of upholstery material and faux leather, faux velvet..... I should be posting at least one of them within the week. She has asked if it was OK to make many of them and sell them via etsy or a local retail outlet and of course I said "sure"!

#5 imahawki

imahawki

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2012 - 20:43

Cool, let me know what she ends up making!

#6 Trillium

Trillium

Inkaholic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2012 - 00:12

will do!

#7 Pierce

Pierce

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 20:21

Bought this: http://cgi.ebay.ca/w...em=160782407466 (no affil.). Just arrived today. Very simple, which was what I was looking for. Also, when I was looking for pen cases, I calculated the price for each pen slot. This was the cheapest I could find. Hope this helps :)

Edit: A strange coincidence that I saw this as I was on my way to leaving feedback for the seller on eBay :lol:

And i was looking for a case for unused pens. Perfect.

Pierce
Posted Image

#8 raging.dragon

raging.dragon

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,981 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:17

Aston Leather, Franklin Christoph and Markiaro make some very nice (though pricy) leather pen cases.

#9 AmateurAficionado

AmateurAficionado

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:22

No affiliation with, but I'm probably going to get my hands on one of the 10 pen cases here. No fancy materials, just ballistic nylon. The 10 pen case is $18.

The Golden Nib

#10 airborne18th

airborne18th

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:56

For the price this one is a steal, http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i00 , I have one and it is great for carrying around a few pens..

for at home.. again another real steal http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i00 ( I am one of the reviewers ). ( it is big )

Please keep function above looks.. I just bought 2 markiaro cases which look great, but are not the most functional and I really probably will not use them over my other pen cases..
Your life really starts when you buy your first Dupont fountain pen; so stop aimlessly wandering through life and buy a Dupont!

Paralyzed US Army Paratrooper - All The Way!

#11 Trillium

Trillium

Inkaholic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:16

The prototype has been finished!
Outer material is a olive toned upholstery material with "flex pen flourish" style embroidered embellishment running randomly. The inner material is an "oatmeal" light tan faux suede that seems sturdy yet supple and soft so as not to scratch any pens! There are seven pen slots for standard sized pens and two jumbo slots capable of comfortably housing your Conklin Crescents or even Piper Jumbos if ya got 'em... and a "tray" at the lower edge of the pen slots to hold postage stamps, nibs in ink sample tubes or whatever... the closure is 1" black webbing about 18" long that secures a gold toned set of "D" rings. Since this is a prototype, the final cost has yet to be determined, a couple more wraps will let her get a feel for how long they will take to make.....and then I should know how much they will be. There are several more material combinations to follow.
I will post pictures tomorrow!

Edited by Trillium, 01 May 2012 - 03:18.

#12 thumabr

thumabr

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:18

If you have a bag with D-rings on the inside, One of these would work well for your small case. I have two of the pouches in various sizes and they are really high quality.

#13 novarider

novarider

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:14

Outer material is a olive toned upholstery material with "flex pen flourish" style embroidered embellishment running randomly. The inner material is an "oatmeal" light tan faux suede that seems sturdy yet supple and soft so as not to scratch any pens! There are seven pen slots for standard sized pens and two jumbo slots capable of comfortably housing your Conklin Crescents or even Piper Jumbos if ya got 'em... and a "tray" at the lower edge of the pen slots to hold postage stamps, nibs in ink sample tubes or whatever... the closure is 1" black webbing about 18" long that secures a gold toned set of "D" rings. Since this is a prototype, the final cost has yet to be determined, a couple more wraps will let her get a feel for how long they will take to make.....and then I should know how much they will be. There are several more material combinations to follow.

So do you have any pictures?

#14 OakIris

OakIris

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:54

So do you have any pictures?

Looks as if Trillium started a new thread instead of posting in this one: Pen Wraps

Holly