Pen Case - Function And Cost Over Looks

imahawki

I'm looking for a couple pen cases. One would be a larger capacity one for home and another would be for my work bag. Right now my pens rattle around in a side pouch of my laptop bag. The home one would ideally hold up to 20 pens and the work one would be 4-6. Recommendations?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trillium

• imahawki

• AmateurAficionado

• airborne18th

I'm looking for a couple pen cases. One would be a larger capacity one for home and another would be for my work bag. Right now my pens rattle around in a side pouch of my laptop bag. The home one would ideally hold up to 20 pens and the work one would be 4-6. Recommendations?

Bought this: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160782407466 (no affil.). Just arrived today. Very simple, which was what I was looking for. Also, when I was looking for pen cases, I calculated the price for each pen slot. This was the cheapest I could find. Hope this helps :)

Edit: A strange coincidence that I saw this as I was on my way to leaving feedback for the seller on eBay :lol:

Edited by lovementos

I like the cplay Sevenroll case very much indeed:

http://www.designedbykorea.com/seven-roll-pencil-case-pen-case.html

I've linked here because they have the best pictures of it. It's available from Jetpens whom I recommend simply as a very happy customer.

I actually bought mine a while back from ebay when it was temporarily discounted. I currently carry six pens in in and an assortment of cartridges and things in the zip pocket. So, that's four normal pens two each in two pockets and one per pocket for two more fatter pens. The lefthand most pocket is a little narrower than the other three pockets.

It is a bit bulky as a means of carrying six pends. But aesthetically it appeals to me a great deal: it is a very well made, attractive object that does its job well.

Keep in touch with me, I have a seamstress making custom pen rolls for me out of upholstery material and faux leather, faux velvet..... I should be posting at least one of them within the week. She has asked if it was OK to make many of them and sell them via etsy or a local retail outlet and of course I said "sure"!

Bought this: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160782407466 (no affil.). Just arrived today. Very simple, which was what I was looking for. Also, when I was looking for pen cases, I calculated the price for each pen slot. This was the cheapest I could find. Hope this helps :)

Edit: A strange coincidence that I saw this as I was on my way to leaving feedback for the seller on eBay :lol:

And i was looking for a case for unused pens. Perfect.

Pierce

http://pierce.tv/uploads/fpnsig_pic.jpg

Aston Leather, Franklin Christoph and Markiaro make some very nice (though pricy) leather pen cases.

For the price this one is a steal, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006X0W3ZG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 , I have one and it is great for carrying around a few pens..

for at home.. again another real steal http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DSXNNO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 ( I am one of the reviewers ). ( it is big )

Please keep function above looks.. I just bought 2 markiaro cases which look great, but are not the most functional and I really probably will not use them over my other pen cases..

Your life really starts when you buy your first Dupont fountain pen; so stop aimlessly wandering through life and buy a Dupont!

Paralyzed US Army Paratrooper - All The Way!

The prototype has been finished!

Outer material is a olive toned upholstery material with "flex pen flourish" style embroidered embellishment running randomly. The inner material is an "oatmeal" light tan faux suede that seems sturdy yet supple and soft so as not to scratch any pens! There are seven pen slots for standard sized pens and two jumbo slots capable of comfortably housing your Conklin Crescents or even Piper Jumbos if ya got 'em... and a "tray" at the lower edge of the pen slots to hold postage stamps, nibs in ink sample tubes or whatever... the closure is 1" black webbing about 18" long that secures a gold toned set of "D" rings. Since this is a prototype, the final cost has yet to be determined, a couple more wraps will let her get a feel for how long they will take to make.....and then I should know how much they will be. There are several more material combinations to follow.

I will post pictures tomorrow!

Edited by Trillium

If you have a bag with D-rings on the inside, One of these would work well for your small case. I have two of the pouches in various sizes and they are really high quality.

Outer material is a olive toned upholstery material with "flex pen flourish" style embroidered embellishment running randomly. The inner material is an "oatmeal" light tan faux suede that seems sturdy yet supple and soft so as not to scratch any pens! There are seven pen slots for standard sized pens and two jumbo slots capable of comfortably housing your Conklin Crescents or even Piper Jumbos if ya got 'em... and a "tray" at the lower edge of the pen slots to hold postage stamps, nibs in ink sample tubes or whatever... the closure is 1" black webbing about 18" long that secures a gold toned set of "D" rings. Since this is a prototype, the final cost has yet to be determined, a couple more wraps will let her get a feel for how long they will take to make.....and then I should know how much they will be. There are several more material combinations to follow.

So do you have any pictures?

So do you have any pictures?

Looks as if Trillium started a new thread instead of posting in this one: Pen Wraps

Holly