Diamine Blue Black

mucephei

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7093/7056338307_8782f5c514_b.jpg

...and that is where the ink ran out, so I will have to continue it electronically.

This was a curious ink. Hopefully, my sample was unrepresentative; it had sat in a box of cartridges for nigh on five years and probably needed shaking up a bit. I found a small lump of ink in the cartridge, and found that flow was uneven. When this ink was flowing well, it produced a solid, greyish-blue line. As I say above, it reminded me strongly of the old Quink Blue Black I used to see at school. Otherwise, my pen seemed to have some kind of prostate problem; the ink issued forth from my Tombow Object in fits and starts, leaving a pale line on the page.

Diamine inks tend to flow well, dry quickly and possess moderate saturation. Blue Black performs as any other in the Diamine range when the pen is fully-loaded; only the first line in the review gives anything like a true indication of its colour and saturation. Looking at my writing, there's a good amount of shading.

I'm not sure I'd want to buy a bottle of this ink, however. I preferred the similar but slightly bluer Prussian Blue, which I used up in 2007.

Edited by mucephei

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phormula

• mucephei

• sebas0902

• IWantThat

Hmmmm, it looks almost silvery to me, but that may be the transfer from scan to screen. I have a pen inked now with Diamine Midnight, which I love for its color and inky qualities, but then I've never been a fan of greenish blue-black inks. I want true blue/black, myself. If you don't like this one, you might want to give Midnight a try and see if that's more to your liking. :)

Tamara

Thanks for the review. :thumbup:

Diamine Blue-Black is more a green-black than a blue-black. While I loved the color, I gave up using it because of the tendency to make deposits that were clogging my pens.

Don't take life too seriously

Nobody makes it out alive anyway

Thanks for the review. :thumbup:

Diamine Blue-Black is more a green-black than a blue-black. While I loved the color, I gave up using it because of the tendency to make deposits that were clogging my pens.

Seems to be a common problem with that ink. My brother and a friend of mine also gave up using it because it clogged a few of their pens. Albeit, the colour is really nice.

Seems to be a common problem with that ink. My brother and a friend of mine also gave up using it because it clogged a few of their pens. Albeit, the colour is really nice.

I also loved the colour, but de-clogging pens was a nightmare.

Actually I could see deposits even into half empty cartridges left in the pen for a week or so without using.

Don't take life too seriously

Nobody makes it out alive anyway

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy Diamine inks: their colour range is unbeatable. But I much prefer their Twilight to their Blue-Black. Twilight is darker, with more indigo in it and less green. It is my ink of choice for daily use. However, it is available only in bottles, not cartridges.