Under Clip Engravings

Spidy

I read in one of these forums that certain pens have an engraving on the underside of the clip. Inspecting my 149, I can see there's something there, but the 147 clip has nothing engraved on the underside.

Are there only certain pen models which have this feature?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spidy

• jar

• Chrissy

• pen jubky

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in one of these forums that certain pens have an engraving on the underside of the clip. Inspecting my 149, I can see there's something there, but the 147 clip has nothing engraved on the underside.

It is more time related than model specific. The two most common things found are "Pix" and "Metal".

Edited by jar

My Website

It is more time related than model specific. The two most common things found are "Pix" and "Metal".

Does anyone have any idea which years had them and which didn't?

Does anyone have any idea which years had them and which didn't?

I don't, but I do know that lots of the fakes have them too.

My Website

I don't, but I do know that lots of the fakes have them too.

Can I extend the question to ask if anyone knows if the 147 ever had them?

Mine does. It's a 75th anniversary 147 and has Pix under the clip

Thanks Chrissy. Now I need to date mine to find out which era it comes from and indeed if it's an authentic Mont Blanc (though I'm not worried, I bought it from a member here, I doubt it's a fake).

Can I contact Mont Blanc directly with the serial number on the clip and get an answer that way?

Thanks Chrissy. Now I need to date mine to find out which era it comes from and indeed if it's an authentic Mont Blanc (though I'm not worried, I bought it from a member here, I doubt it's a fake).

Can I contact Mont Blanc directly with the serial number on the clip and get an answer that way?

Probably not. I don't think MB ever even kept track of the serial numbers other than to spot grey market pens.

My Website

I believe that you can contact Montblanc and ask the question

I've only got my Fitzgerald to hand today. Looking under it's clip I can definately see the word "Germany". There is another word, I can't quite make it out though, if I were to guess I'd say it was "Pix".

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

• 2 months later...

I believe that you can contact Montblanc and ask the question