Montblanc Inks

Darius

Thank you Darius for your reviews. It's a great and complete guide to Montblanc inks. It's really nice to see all of them at one place. Since you seem to have all the colours it would be great if you could make a swab page showing all inks on one page.

It's a pleasure. You can find two links towards the end to two pages with all the inks sorted by colour.

Oops...How did I miss that? :embarrassed_smile:

Thanks again. This is a great reference.

Regards,

Halid

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darius

• lapis

• amberleadavis

• Amy1234

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

THank you!!!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

This is so amazing! Thank you for this. It makes me super jealous that I didn't get any Sakura.

Yeah, that was the "Holy Grail" of MB inks. Very few were ever made, sorry to say that is the only of Darius's marvelous displays that I never got either. Have multiples of the rest.

Fabulous and complete listing, Darius. Thank you very much for the obvious time you took doing all these.

I would say these are my favorites, in no particular order:

Racing Green

Holiday White Forest 2008

Irish Green

Holiday Chocolate Brown 2005 & 6

Toffee Brown

Collodi Brown

Holiday Red 2007

Love Je t'aime

Hitchcock

Violet

Lavender Purple

Gandhi Saffron

Ink of Joy Orange

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

• 1 month later...

Very interesting review, thanks a lot! I just bought some Montblanc Diamond Ink, it sits between the Royal Blue and the Turquoise, and I think it's a very nice color, it really stands out of the paper.

Regards,

S.

Do you think the Violet is very different from the new Lavender?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Darius, I wonder if the Mods will let you add the Diamond Blue to the first post? Be great to have them all together.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Darius, I wonder if the Mods will let you add the Diamond Blue to the first post? Be great to have them all together.

I'll do it. Darius, post it in this thread, and when I see it updated I'll move it into your original post for you.

Sure, I just got some. So I'll do it tonight and post it.

Yes,excellent review, especially for those of us thinking that the new inks are "simply" a renaming of the oldies.....

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

So, here's the new Montblanc Meisterstuck Diamond Blue ink.

It come in 30ml bottles. The same bottles the inks from the "Ink of" series and the Hitchcock ink.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7932/mbsmdb.jpg

High resolution

I did a water resistance test on it by running water for 5 minutes over a line that was left to dry for a few hours. It left a clearly legible pale grey line.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/9725/mbsmdbwrt.jpg

High resolution

This ink is quite a joy to write with. I'm really impressed. An instant favourite for me.

Thank you Darius. It's a lovely color. I always like an ink color that is appropriate for work, but one that is a little unique.

Tbis is a great summary of the inks

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Tbis is a great summary of the inks

I love Montblanc ink ... and they aren't really expensive when you consider the cool inkwell they come in.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed ..."

many thanks Darius :bunny01: :bunny01: That was a lot of work!

Great overview of the MB inks. The comparison between old and new is very helpful as well.

like this. :clap1: :clap1:

Happy Writing!, Mainecoon

Dreams are presentiments of what you are able to accomplish (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

• 1 month later...

very good and informative review :thumbup: thanks for sharing

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Hi guys! I tried incorporating the Diamond Blue into the original post, but that brings the post over limit for photos. Instead I linked to Darius' later post in the original one. Let me know if that works or you guys would prefer a different set up.

Hi guys! I tried incorporating the Diamond Blue into the original post, but that brings the post over limit for photos. Instead I linked to Darius' later post in the original one. Let me know if that works or you guys would prefer a different set up.

Yes, I had this problem with the original post. For that reason, I couldn't include the smaller images for all the inks, nor for the water resistance test or overview pages.