New Edelstein Colors (Tanzanite & Turmaline)

Lunaska

Has anyone tried these? Does anyone know if they're even available?

The official website seems to indicate that they're out already (same with amazon.com). Personally, I'm interested in seeing/reading more about the black-blue (Tanzanite). The plum/pink-colored ink (Turmaline) seems to be an "ink of the year", which switches every year.

What are your thoughts on the new colors?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mge01park

• Lunaska

• Jimmy James

• MrsGouletPens

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.pelikan.com/pulse/__v065/vfs-public/exclusive/products/edelstein-ink/edelstein-tanzanite-normal.png

http://www.pelikan.com/pulse/__v065/vfs-public/exclusive/products/edelstein-ink/edelstein-turmaline-normal.png

I e-mailed Pelikan about availability and waiting for a response. Amazon showed one seller and it says it ships in 3-5 weeks which was the same as that seller's web site. The Goulet Communique said they're coming and that's music to my ears. Looking forward to that Turmaline which is supposedly a Plum color, hoping on the darker side.

Has anyone tried these? Does anyone know if they're even available?

The official website seems to indicate that they're out already (same with amazon.com). Personally, I'm interested in seeing/reading more about the black-blue (Tanzanite). The plum/pink-colored ink (Turmaline) seems to be an "ink of the year", which switches every year.

What are your thoughts on the new colors?

I hesitate to read too much into the color of the bottled ink in the photos above, but the Tazanite appears way too green to me in that photo. I almost wonder if they took a bottle of the Topaz and photoshopped it.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

Excellent observation on the Tanzanite and not a unique name either. It appears that they're going to release a new special color each year for a limited period of time, 2012 is Turmaline apparently.

I hesitate to read too much into the color of the bottled ink in the photos above, but the Tazanite appears way too green to me in that photo. I almost wonder if they took a bottle of the Topaz and photoshopped it.

Edited by mgepark

Excellent observation on the Tanzanite and not a unique name either. It appears that they're going to release a new special color each year for a limited period of time, 2012 is Turmaline apparently.

They're supposed to be released towards the end of the month. It's possible they're already available overseas, I don't know. Late March for the US market though.

You're right on. Tanzanite (blue/black) will be part of the regular line, bringing it up to 8 regular colors. Turmaline will be the new 2012 "Edelstein of the Year", I guess starting a new LE trend.

I have not seen any swabs/samples to know what the colors actually look like. At least there will finally be a blue/black in the Pelikan line again, although not the same properties as the old discontinued one, of course. And quite a bit more expensive! Beautiful bottle though.

More Edelstein ink colors......*yawn*....

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

More Edelstein ink colors......*yawn*....

+1

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

I looked on Pelikan's site (link) and the colour indicators show Ruby as a dark red and Turmaline as a lighter more pinkish colour. Since we already know the saturation levels of Ruby, I'm wondering just what colour Turmaline is going to come out as. I hope it's not too light, but I've wanted to get some Edelsteins because I like the shading on them (I have my eye on Aventurine) and if it comes out as a Plum colour with Magenta shading I think it would look very nice.

Thanks for the post. I'll only purchase the tanzanite if it's an extraordinary blue-black...

The other colours just don't interest me. I don't mind the topaz but don't love it either.

In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)

In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)