New Nakaya Piccolo Model!

playtime

Yes, a departure from ebonite and urushi--but my lord I am smitten!

http://www.nibs.com/Nakaya-Piccolo-Titanium.html

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived. I have three, but hardly ever use them. After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• playtime

• AltecGreen

• peterpen53

• Johnson

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, saw this on twitter yesterday. It's BEAUTIFUL...

And rather far out of my price range. :)

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Oh thanks God... it's not my thing!

Equally grateful that I don't care for metal pens... It is beautiful though.

Nice to look at but for me too expensive, heavy and I don't care for all metal pens. Boy it's almost the weight of 3 Piccolo Writers. Still it's a good looking pen! :unsure:

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

hmmm, is it an iron butterfly?

Seems to me a contradiction. Urushii made by hand. Metal made by machine.

Not to disparage anyone who likes it.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

WHOA. That is a beautiful pen. Ruthenium seems to be the new rhodium/gold?

I have got myself one 1911 with ruthenium section. This must be heavy, then?!

If it was the price of a regular piccolo, I would order one immediately. At twice the price, no way! I'd rather have two regular ones...

Which reminds me, I need to order a decopod ;)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

This is not what you buy a Nakaya for, is it? They must have been hard pressed to come up with something new.

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.

I think of Nakaya and I think Urushi. That's why I buy Nakaya.

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

Sailor King of Pens "M" nib running Van Dieman's Heemskerch and Zeehaen

This is not what you buy a Nakaya for, is it? They must have been hard pressed to come up with something new.

It's certainly not what I would buy a Nakaya for. No clue why they took this path. Not to my taste.

Hex, aka George

Love what Nakaya does now--but am happy to see that they are pursuing different paths. i'm sure they will never abandon the core of their activities--but i applaud their efforts here. hopefully this will be available without the clip as well.....

J

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived. I have three, but hardly ever use them. After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

It's certainly not what I would buy a Nakaya for. No clue why they took this path. Not to my taste.

A lot of these pens were originally commissioned by clients and Nakaya put them up for order.

The Neo Standard started as a request by a client for a pen like the desk pen but one that can be easily carried.

This 'White Tiger' (Byakko) pen was one that I commissioned as another example.

Edited by AltecGreen

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

A lot of these pens are pens are originally commissioned by clients and Nakaya puts them up for order.

The Neo Standard started as a request by a client for a pen like the desk pen but one that can be easily carried.

very cool!

A lot of these pens were originally commissioned by clients and Nakaya put them up for order.

The White Tiger looks really nice. :thumbup:

I already have 3 titanium pens and love the material. The Nakaya is a gorgeous pen. Titanium pens are expensive so this is just a matter of paying double the price of the Piccolo or not. I am not too sure about it yet :)

Nikolaos

An expensive departure from the understated & beautiful urushi Piccolos that are available.

Looks more like an Italian creation.

I`d rather get two different Piccolos at that price

Just my 0.02 CAD.

Cheers:

Istvan

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

The White Tiger looks really nice. :thumbup:

The White Tiger is something quite different from this titanium pen. Not that I would buy it, but it fits much better in my perception of a Nakaya.

Edited by peterpen53

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.