• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fabienne

• lapis

• Lloyd

• jandrese

Can you demonstrate the water resistance, please?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Sure but you have to let me have a while. I have to let my experiment dry before scanning.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Here Lloyd...read 'em and weep. It is pretty wimpy vs. water but you can see the remnants of ink.

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af174/fabienne301/viscontipurplewatertest.jpg

Thanks for the great review as usual but may I humbly ask you to support me in beating the **** out of that company for sending that ink to the States before managing to get it delivered here, in Krautland?

Mike :mad:

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Thanks! I'm glad I saw this, because I don't love it. May I ask - is this the new purple, or the older one?

Good question. I assumed it was the new one. Maybe I still need that one, doh!

thanks for the thorough review---i wasnt completely sure until i saw the water (non)resistant tests, but it looks to me that visconti may have repackaged a huge stash of vintage skrip washable purple :hmm1:

although i would never describe w-p as "...nice and wet..."---- but other than that, the described characteristics and the look are nearly identical

and since the skrip bottles are so user friendly.... as far as purples go, i think i'm good for now

Wish I had seen this before I bought it from you. If that's the color, looks like I will be trying to find a buyer for it. I saw the original review from someone a few months ago and thought it was going to be a deeper purple, not a lavender. C'est la vie.

Edited by mathguy

Wow. First, I have to say that this is one of the smoothest writing inks I have used. That hit me when I did the water test for Lloyd. I think it is well crafted, comes in a fancy box, and was the ink du jour and is now quite a cause celebre. happyberet.gifZut alors!

I am sorry if you don't like the ink, mathguy. Sandy (S1) did a review which was identical in color to mine and I think that one was up at least several days before my classified. I was disappointed in the color from Sandy's review and hoped that my bottle was different OR that Sandy's review was off (fat chance of that, right). Well, Sandy was right, I got my ink, I didn't like it and had to begrudgingly admit that Sandy had indeed lived up to her sterling reputation.

In some ways I think we just ended up believing what we wanted to believe and mass hysteria set in as only it can on FPN (I almost got a finger bitten off over Noodler's flex pens a couple of months ago).

As far as this being the "new" or the "old" one, I am not sure. I bought mine as soon as it hit Art Brown and Farney's. I suspect that makes it "new" and the only really wonderful version of this ink that I have seen so far is the one from the man in Athens. Visconti didn't seem to know what kind of a stir the Athenian scan caused. I guess they are in their villas sipping expresso thinking this is another day at the office while seething FPN afficiandos are massing in the streets with pitchforks and torches, especially in Germany,

Thanks, Fabienne!

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

this does not look like the ink review from FPgeeks before, are there 2 different purple inks?

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

yeah... the one we were all expecting, and the one we all got. :crybaby:

Edited by januaryman

It is easier to stay out than get out. - Mark Twain

Hi,

Many thanks for the wonderful entertaining Review! :thumbup:

I appreciate your comments about the scans I posted. Certainly, there are always variations in the ink-on-paper to pixels, but it seems that we've two sets of samples + scans that depict the same ink in the same way. Not to say that other won't have more/different results depending on their materials & methods.

'seething FPN afficiandos are massing in the streets with pitchforks and torches . . .' Ah, just a tempest in an ink pot perhaps? Or another harbinger of the Zombie Apocalypse?? Yet there's no doubt that VP regular production ink is an unrewarding expenditure for some.

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Compliments on the review-I have the feeling that it will put the brakes on the Visconti purple love train.

Please understand that I was not accusing you of misrepresentation. I should have done due diligence before buying it and did not. You sold it a very fair price (free shipping!) and my wife has already laid claim to the ink when it arrives, so it appears that everything worked out. I should have assumed the worst and figured that Visconti would change it (I better stop before my Visconti rant starts: why is it the only pen manufacturer with which I've had flow and filling system problems on every pen....).

Wow. First, I have to say that this is one of the smoothest writing inks I have used. That hit me when I did the water test for Lloyd. I think it is well crafted, comes in a fancy box, and was the ink du jour and is now quite a cause celebre. happyberet.gifZut alors!

I am sorry if you don't like the ink, mathguy. Sandy (S1) did a review which was identical in color to mine and I think that one was up at least several days before my classified. I was disappointed in the color from Sandy's review and hoped that my bottle was different OR that Sandy's review was off (fat chance of that, right). Well, Sandy was right, I got my ink, I didn't like it and had to begrudgingly admit that Sandy had indeed lived up to her sterling reputation.

In some ways I think we just ended up believing what we wanted to believe and mass hysteria set in as only it can on FPN (I almost got a finger bitten off over Noodler's flex pens a couple of months ago).

As far as this being the "new" or the "old" one, I am not sure. I bought mine as soon as it hit Art Brown and Farney's. I suspect that makes it "new" and the only really wonderful version of this ink that I have seen so far is the one from the man in Athens. Visconti didn't seem to know what kind of a stir the Athenian scan caused. I guess they are in their villas sipping expresso thinking this is another day at the office while seething FPN afficiandos are massing in the streets with pitchforks and torches, especially in Germany,

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my ugly plasic bottle from Rolf (40 ml = 13.90 Eros). I find this purple not at all as bad as several other readers have. It's maybe even on the plus side for those looking for more of a purple or violet than a lavender.

Apart from the fact that different members here experience (and desire) different properties, there may be even different charges of this brand new on sale. http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/rolleyesred.gif

In my Crest, it is reminiscent of Waterman's (which costs 40% as much per ml). A very wet ink, more so than Waterman's, less so than PR's Tanzanite.

Funny thing is -- again, not all that hilarious -- is that in comparison to using it in my Crest with a BB nib, I see this ink even darker from a Pelikano with an M nib, almost as dark as PR's Tanzanite. That is quite the contrary to what I see when writing with the Edelstein Turmaline in the very same pens (well washed and dried, of course).

Never did understand that boy http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/oddblue1.gif

Being "the man in Athens" who wrote the initial review of that ink, I am really amazed how different this ink looks on paper from my own experience! Mine is a vibrant and dark purple, just as it showed on my scan; what I saw in your review as well as Sandy1's seems to be, to my eyes at least, a different ink than what I have... Furthermore, I do not think that this difference was due only to the pen used. My initial review was written with a very wet Stipula Model T fountain pen, but I have also used Visconti Purple with a Pelican M800 Medium nib, which is not such a overly wet writer: the shade of purple is quite "standing out" and vibrant.

So, I am just wondering: maybe Visconti released an initial batch of this ink specifically to go with those Rembrandt Pens (as to match the purple color of that pen) and later released an altered version of this ink for the public...

Edited by Korybas
fpn_1355507962__snailbadge.png

These two pens show different colours, too. Crest BB nib = lighter, redder; Pelikano M = darker, bluer:

My word, it looks like they sent a totally different color to the US! Mine was certainly not as shading as that, no way. Also the color was much more red than what you Lapis or the Noble Athenian, Korybas, are showing. Argh. I am now experimenting with DC Show Violet and Heart of Darkness. So far I am getting what Korybas got without the shading (at least it's close though probably not exact). Next step will be dilution and hope that brings up the shading in it.

Korybas did start a stampede! Loved that color.