I'm Often Asked Why I Like Noodler's Black ?

PenFisher

It's not picky about the paper it goes on ...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7182/6870845855_3c3bffb746.jpg

It's not affraid of the water ...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7052/6870846165_091f3449e0.jpg

It can take abuse ...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7052/6870846409_66958f2ffa.jpg

and still look great !

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7047/6870846725_71486bd4a5.jpg

Edited by PenFisher

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uojfe

• Joshua J.

• mcbender

• jcho74

Yup, I've gown quite fond of Noodlers Black ever since I got my first bottle.

I actually bought a second bottle, even though the first one is still full... embarrassed_smile.gif

I'm not that greedy... unsure.gif

*scrambles of to check his precious hoard of ink...*

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

The Parker '51' that's in my pocket right now is filled with this "King of Inks".

Another plus is the how easily this ink washes off skin.

Edited by Lloyd

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

All the same reasons I use it, too! Loved your visual explanation. happyberet.gif

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

Is this the bulletproof or regular black?

the regular black IS bulletproof! the only non-bulletproof Noodler's blacks are Borealis Black, Bernanke Black and Dark Matter.

-Eclipse Flat Top-|-Parker "51" Aero-|-Sheaffer's Snorkel Sentinel-|-Esterbrook SJ-|-Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe TD-|-Sheaffer 330-|-Reform 1745-|-PenUsa Genesis-|-Hero 616-|-Noodler's Flex-|-Schneider Voice-|-TWSBI Vac 700-

Another plus is the how easily this ink washes off skin.

+1 Me too.

Besides being waterproof and fraud-resistant, this what I really like about Noodler's Black.

Noodler's Black (aka bulletproof black) bonds chemically to cellulose but not to skin.

I have 2 bottles of 4.5oz, even when my 3oz bottle is still 3/4 full. I like it so much i was really afraid they would not sell it anymore. That is what usually hapens with good inks, like MB Racing Green, i never got a chance to use it because they do not sell it anymore. Isn't that stupid? Why would anyone want to stop manufacturing a good, succesful ink? Yet, that is what they do on times. Conclussion: Just buy more Noodler's Black, man. Why? Well, because... because i just cannot understand life anylonger without Noodler's Black in some of my FP's.

This ink is all i have ever wanted in a balck ink. It is just perfect! Flows great, cleans right, looks amazing.

You guys think they will be still selling it in 5 years?

A Fountain Pen is never just a Fountain Pen.

This is still the best FP related purches that I have, and probably ever will make.

http://i.imgur.com/z15yC.jpg

And just think, the tiles behind used to be white.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7052/6870846165_091f3449e0.jpg

It can take abuse ...

It's when that's my shirt with a big ink stain that I remember why I like washable inks. And yes it has happened to me several times, but I have yet to seriously or completely lose a document or notebook to water.

It's when that's my shirt with a big ink stain that I remember why I like washable inks. And yes it has happened to me several times, but I have yet to seriously or completely lose a document or notebook to water.

So, wear polyester or rayon - it comes right out.

JLT (J. L. Trasancos, Barneveld, NY)

"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."

Hermann Hesse (1877 - 1962)

It can take abuse ...

Yeah. I wouldn't use Noodler's Black then, if I were you. It's okay. You don't have to.

Me, I wear a lot of black. Heh.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

This is still the best FP related purches that I have, and probably ever will make.

http://i.imgur.com/z15yC.jpg

That's a beautiful thing. Plus Nathan's inks are so concentrated, you could likely dilute with equal parts water, and not be able to tell the difference.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Great stuff. I mostly use it for the great flow and darkness - I don't have to count on the extra properties much, but I did sign my last check with it just in case :thumbup:

+1 on coming off your hands easily - it usually just rubs off of my fingers :notworthy1:

Assume no affiliation to recommendations.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc453/NoodlersCreaper/sig0001.jpg

Alternative Noodler's Ahab Nibs

"Free" Custom Fountain Pen Cases