Kaigelu 323

lovemy51

I really stink at writing reviews, but I did this one on a request….

Appearance/dimensions

White cap with black and beige vertical stripes. The cap is resin. Sporting a wide gold plated band with what looks to me like some Greek deco (that's a big ?, I don't know what Greek deco really looks like. also, I think i've seen this decorations on Montegrappa pens before... another big ?). The body is black –lacquer over metal Edited: Oh no, it's black resin!!!. All appointments are gold plated. It’s a screw cap. The threads are made of resin –both the section and cap. Of course, lets not forget the little Roo on the cap jewel!!!

Pic from vendor

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n419/peterpaul_rguez/1293631719.jpg

It’s a medium weight pen that is comfortable when writing posted on un-posted. I find this pen to be well balanced. With a metal section, I thought it would be a bit slippery when writing for a long period of time, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out the grip is just right. It could be the fact that it is not a thin pen, in general. Here are the dimensions from one of the vendors on line (no affiliation): http://www.gycpen.com/Kai/html/?251.html

Kaigelu 323 Fountain Pen

The cap & converter of this model are screwed. Please do not try to pull them out.

Dimension:Capped Length 142mm (about 5.6 inch);

Uncapped Length 128mm (about 5.0 inch);

Posted Length 168mm (about 6.6 inch);

Biggest Diameter of Barrel: 13mm (about 0.51 inch)

Belong to big size pen

Weight: Pen 35g; Box 302g

Nib: Medium

Filling system

Cart/Converter. To me… that’s all I need. I’m not necessarily a fan of that particular system, but it’s very practical. Oh, the converter screws in the section and it is metal threading. Ok, that’s all about that……..

Nib

Medium nib. Writes a fairly wet line. Came with two tone plating, but the plating is all gone now, after over 4 years of use and wiping it clean. The truth is the plating was never that good. The nib is quite smooth, but with feedback -not a bad thing, IMO. This is one of my favorite steel nibs. The kangaroo is also printed on the nib. One thing i'd like to mention is that the nib tends to dry after a couple of weeks of the pen sitting around and will need a little priming to start up again. This is my only issue with pen.

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n419/peterpaul_rguez/P2100048.jpg

Cost

At less than $25 (from isellpens.com, no affiliation), a pen that I find good looking and with such a nice nib is definitely a good buy!!!

Ok, I’ll take questions and comments now!!!

Thx for looking!

PS. This has been edited a few times now.

Edited by lovemy51

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lovemy51

• richardandtracy

Nice pen, thanks for the review.

I'm surprised, I thought the barrel would be black painted metal, like many of their other pens.

Regards,

Richard.

no, pure resin!!

edited: missed a "comma"!!!

Edited by lovemy51