Jeb Nazca

watch_art

JEB Nazca

Clipless

Button filler

Absolutely beautiful. It's a sort of blue gray cracked ice acrylic.

Took this to my pen club meeting Saturday and all were impressed, and even more-so when they saw that it is a button filler. It's a very nice pen and incredibly comfortable in the hand. The fine threads don't irritate my fingers at all and it's a synch to fill up. I haven't tried flushing yet, but I reckon it will take a few minutes since it's a button filler. But then I could always just unscrew the nib unit and rinse it out. Quick and easy like you can do with Esterbrooks.

gallery_41188_9_32522.jpg

Loaded with a Meisternib #6 silver tone fine nib that I ground to a juicy stub.

gallery_41188_9_53685.jpg

14mm triple start threads. Very smooth, easy on and off - and easy on the fingers.

gallery_41188_9_22698.jpg

The button. Just like the old Parker Duofold instructions show - wrap a finger around the pen and push the button with yer thumb. Fills properly and easily.

gallery_41188_9_61690.jpg

All the bits and pieces. Very nicely done. Fit and finish is top notch.

gallery_41188_9_72531.jpg

gallery_41188_9_26931.jpg

And next to my most recent creation. Not as nice, but I'm proud of it.

gallery_41188_9_112645.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• hari317

• Wolverine1

• raging.dragon

Shawn, a very nice pen and a self made button too.

But it seems the button cannot be pulled out, how to prevent the sac from fouling with the pressure bar when screwing the barrel on?

Thanks!

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

It seems like there's plenty of room in there. When putting the bits together it all goes smoothly.

Thats excellent Shawn. I think, i am becoming a fan of John's work.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

lovely pen :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

It seems like there's plenty of room in there. When putting the bits together it all goes smoothly.

Thats excellent Shawn. I think, i am becoming a fan of John's work.

As a happy customer of both JEB's Pens (a stunning Midnight Racer) and Shawn's nib adjustments, I can vouch that both are superb master craftsman.

Thanks for sharing this review of John's latest, I'll be checking his site for this one.

Yeah, I'm going to have to pull the trigger on one of these. I'm thinking classic Parker Big Red colors. I've gotten to use one of John's button fillers. It's the fastest filler i've used. One press of the button pretty much fills it full.

Edited by heraclitus682

Definitely a 16 - I just asked.

Also, about taking it apart - the goal was to make the pen so it could be disassembled to monitor the condition of the sac and to re-powder etc, so he made sure it wouldn't twist up (as long as care was taken to screw it back together).

Here are some pictures of a demo he made. He calls it the tattle tale. I like that.

http://www.jebspens.com/fp_custom/button_filler.htm

Starts at 5ml.

It holds < --- THIS MUCH INK --- >

:)

gallery_41188_9_30336.jpg

gallery_41188_9_50414.jpg

gallery_41188_9_29858.jpg

I flushed it out, and did the flingy thermometer thingy to get any stray drips of water out. So I started dry. So sac plus feed it holds this much.

Good enough for me. Lasted all last week up till today. Not tons of writing - but it's the only pen I really used besides some doodling with the one's that I've made.

That's really pretty. Sigh! I'd love to be able to turn my own pens, even if they were just for me.

But it seems the button cannot be pulled out, how to prevent the sac from fouling with the pressure bar when screwing the barrel on?

It looks like a small dap of shellac was used to stick the bottom of the pressure bar to the sac. I found the same dried goop on my duofold's pressure bar in the same place.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review