Pay It Forward 2012

in the flow

I have discovered a great not-too-light, not-too-dark bllue ink for me -- Radiant Blue from Mr Pen in the UK. So now a couple of inks I have tried in my search for appealing blues are not likely to see any more use: Noodler's Blue (not eel), and Liberty's Elysium. Both bottles are nearly full. I'll randomly pick one recipient for each ink from PMs that I get by tomorrow, Wednesday, 8:00 PM EST, and which contain an idea for how you might Keep the Gift Moving. Doesn't have to be in the context of FPN. USA only please and also please pick one of the two inks you'd like.

Hi everyone -

Thanks for all the messages -- it's great to hear all the ideas for helping others with further gifts (and all pen-related as it happened). But I got one request that caused me to drop the random-selection idea. I plan to donate both inks to the now-forming UK Ink Samples group. That way, several people will get the chance to check out inks they might otherwise find hard to get. Thanks again to all who wrote!

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• zoniguana

• Chrissy

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<snip>

Flounder, what is that you're wrapping around the pen in the video? I tried to play it a few times, but my poor American ears can't make out what you called it.

Flounder, what is that you're wrapping around the pen in the video? I tried to play it a few times, but my poor American ears can't make out what you called it.

I do sound a bit groggy don't I! The "temporary barrel seal" is just blu-tack, the same stuff you would use to put up a poster or stick a phone to your desk. It just makes it easy to get an ink tight seal that can be peeled off after filling, to demonstrate the capacity. The barrel is now permanently sealed internally.

Here's an earlier clip showing the packet:

Edited by Flounder

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

Thanks for the explanation. I couldn't honestly tell the difference between Groggy Scottish accent and plain Scottish accent. :P

New PIF - Guanleming 956 Fountain Pen Fine Nib

fpn_1351795567__pict0001.jpg

I would like this to go to a relative FP newbie so please don't apply if you've already requested one of my PIFs before.

I will send Worldwide and will pick the "winner" next week.

Thanks for looking!!

I've now got another of these to PIF, who's interested?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

I just wanted to post something saying how cool an idea this is (I've always loved it) and also, how very welcome it has made me feel. I've been contacted via backchannel and offered some things to help get me started, which was really classy. I am finding more and more that Ithe "community" of FPN really is very welcoming and nice. Thank you all. I know that when I get the chance, I'm definitely going to be participating in this PIF movement myself.

Hello again! As I was giving my desk a much-needed cleaning I came across some more items I'm not interested in keeping. I'll get rid of more later, but for now I'm PIF'ing a silver Ohto Dude.

http://static1.jetpens.com/images/a/000/037/37711.jpg

The pen is in great condition, practically unused, with a lovely smooth nib. Its a cartridge/converter and I'll send it with one of each. Unfortunately even though its advertised as a fine it writes a medium line at best. This is far too wide for my minuscule handwriting so I'm going to PIF to someone who needs it. I would prefer it goes to someone who is new to FPs, or otherwise wouldn't be able to afford a new pen. If you're outside North America I may need to ask for a bit of help with shipping depending on your location.

I'll pick someone randomly using the random number generator at random.org. Due to the holidays I'll probably keep this going for a week or so, so everyone has a chance to see and enter for it.

Edited by K. Cakes

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

I was wondering... are there unwritten rules for how often one should submit their name for consideration in this thread? The last thing I'd want is to inadvertently offend anyone or seem ungrateful for the exceeding generosity I've encountered here.

Edited by Harlequin

I was wondering... are there unwritten rules for how often one should submit their name for consideration in this thread? The last thing I'd want is to inadvertently offend anyone or seem ungrateful for the exceeding generosity I've encountered here.

I wouldn't think so... I've pretty much figured that, if something really interested me, I'd toss my name in there - most doesn't, but, some do... Sometimes it is two or three items in a row that do, followed by 20 that don't... Sometimes you win it; usually, not (actually, I have yet to win one, but, I am happy to express an interest).

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

K. Cakes, that's a great-looking pen! I already have several pens, so I'll exclude myself from the PIF. But I have to admit, it does have me drooling just a bit! :drool:

K. Cakes, that's a great-looking pen! I already have several pens, so I'll exclude myself from the PIF. But I have to admit, it does have me drooling just a bit! :drool:

+1 and then some... if you don't get too many who need it, then give those who just want it a chance too, OK? 'cus that is one very nice looking pen! Is it long enough to fit an international converter, or does it require its own proprietary converter?

+1 and then some... if you don't get too many who need it, then give those who just want it a chance too, OK? 'cus that is one very nice looking pen! Is it long enough to fit an international converter, or does it require its own proprietary converter?

Hmm, how about if you want to enter but could probably afford it on your own you just promise to somehow keep PIF moving if you receive it. That sounds like a fair trade to me.

To answer your question, yes it takes standard cartridges. I know you can also keep a spare in the barrel, so I dare say it may even take international long cartridges, though I've never tried (or even seen a long one!) Here's a link to the product for those who are interested.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

I'm just wondering...

If I'd PIF, I'd rather PIF worldwide.

Yet, expenses on postage keep me from such PIF'ing, as dutch postal rates are not modest, to say the least.

Now, what about it if someone is travelling from Amsterdam to somewhere worldwide, and is willing to take a small item in his or hers luggage for delivery to at least a decent P&P rate to its destination? I'd happily deliver the PIF thingy at the Amsterdam hotel or any convenient other place to this traveller.

What do you think?

Hmm, how about if you want to enter but could probably afford it on your own you just promise to somehow keep PIF moving if you receive it. That sounds like a fair trade to me.

To answer your question, yes it takes standard cartridges. I know you can also keep a spare in the barrel, so I dare say it may even take international long cartridges, though I've never tried (or even seen a long one!) Here's a link to the product for those who are interested.

That sounds very fair. You have a deal. In actual fact I always Pay it Forward. My first two pens ever were PIFs, and once I'd actually bought my first pens they were both re-PIFed, to go on and continue to be enablers to this fine obsession! :roflmho: I have 2 pens just itching to get PIFed already so don't be surprised if you see one from me regardless of weather I win this pen or not.

And thanks for the cartridge info. If I don't win and do decide to buy one it will come in very handy.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas to everyone!

That sounds very fair. You have a deal. In actual fact I always Pay it Forward. My first two pens ever were PIFs, and once I'd actually bought my first pens they were both re-PIFed, to go on and continue to be enablers to this fine obsession! :roflmho: I have 2 pens just itching to get PIFed already so don't be surprised if you see one from me regardless of weather I win this pen or not.

And thanks for the cartridge info. If I don't win and do decide to buy one it will come in very handy.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas to everyone!

That's great! If you want to join the PIF would you PM me? Its much easier to keep track of that way.

I'm just wondering...

If I'd PIF, I'd rather PIF worldwide.

Yet, expenses on postage keep me from such PIF'ing, as dutch postal rates are not modest, to say the least.

Now, what about it if someone is travelling from Amsterdam to somewhere worldwide, and is willing to take a small item in his or hers luggage for delivery to at least a decent P&P rate to its destination? I'd happily deliver the PIF thingy at the Amsterdam hotel or any convenient other place to this traveller.

What do you think?

What if you just ask the winner to help you out with postage?

Another one of these but the nib is a bit mangled so if you want to do a bit of nib fixing, this one's for you!!

New PIF - Guanleming 956 Fountain Pen Fine Nib

fpn_1351795567__pict0001.jpg

I would like this to go to a relative FP newbie so please don't apply if you've already requested one of my PIFs before.

I will send Worldwide and will pick the "winner" next week.

Thanks for looking!!

I've now got another of these to PIF, who's interested?

Winners:- Harlequin and invisiblehats PM me with your addresses.

The one with the slightly damaged nib is still up for grabs!