Twsbi 540 Diamond And Roc100

PinarelloOnly

What can I say that already hasn't been said. No doubt these 540 pens should be owned by any fountain pen aficionado. How could you not for the price, these piston fillers are a steal, that's why I couldn't resist buying two of them.

http://fototime.com/%7BE775BA2C-1D85-4A14-B22A-4DC24D0935B0%7D/origpict/DSC_2049.jpg

The parts quality and excellent performing true extra fine nib make it very hard to believe what you get for the money. I also love demonstrators and hope TWSBI keeps with this design tradition of a M800 size pen.

http://fototime.com/%7BCA2C4BC6-0661-4672-9EEF-1D204D8CCB43%7D/origpict/DSC_2056.jpg

Smooth extra fine nib with great out of the box performance. Ink used so far is Iroshizuku tsuyu-kusa.

Because of the weight of the cap I am going to guess it's the clip which if I'm right it's chrome plating over brass which will ensure longevity, un-like so many pen clips that show pitting after only a few years of ownership. Combine this with high quality etching and excellent packaging it is really hard to understand why we pay so much more for other pens of lesser quality and attention to detail. To buy a piston filler with a true extra fine nib is few and far between in the pen world let alone at under $60.

http://fototime.com/%7B009F3C02-43B8-46D2-A25F-94A23D4F92C2%7D/origpict/DSC_2061.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PinarelloOnly

• James125

• 1point1mm

• djunderw

I have a 530 with EF (and M) - the EF was quite scratchy at first but has gotten much better over time. A bonus is that these steel nibs can spread their tines quite wide.

I have the ROC also. Solid pen. Only wish it posted a bit better.

I agree, but that is definitely the nature of the design and I've learned to write with these pens un-posted which is fine for me since it is big enough of a body to do so comfortably.

• 5 weeks later...

I have just received my TWSBI Diamond 540 with medium nib and it iss really great to have a fountain pen that writes so smoothly straight out of the box and feels like a quality product for such a low price. I doubt this will be my last!

I'm looking for a TWSBI Diamond 540 clear EF, but I can't find one anywhere. Every place I look is out of stock. Anybody know where I can get one?

I'm looking for a TWSBI Diamond 540 clear EF, but I can't find one anywhere. Every place I look is out of stock. Anybody know where I can get one?

Shop Writer's Bloc has them in stock as of this moment.

See with what large letters I have written you with my own hand. GaVIxi

The pen is the interpreter of the soul: what one thinks, the other expresses. (MdC)

Shop Writer's Bloc has them in stock as of this moment.

Thanks a lot!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried their stubby 1.1 1.5 or 1.9mm ?

How are they?

For me, I'm very satisfied with both the 1.1mm and the 1.5mm nibs. Very smooth and the two that I have does not skip.

Enjoy!

See with what large letters I have written you with my own hand. GaVIxi

The pen is the interpreter of the soul: what one thinks, the other expresses. (MdC)

Has anyone tried their stubby 1.1 1.5 or 1.9mm ?

How are they?

Yes, I have been using a 1.1 stub for about 2 weeks now. The tines needed minor adjustment out of the box, but works great now. Finding the sweet spot can be tricky but once you've got it it's smooth as glass! Its got a little flex to it, and its a medium to dry flowing nib. Not huge but descent line variation. Bottom line - suits my style of writing very well, very happy with it.

Just inked my new blue extra-fine today and I am in love! I really like my ROC fine, but the nib has a fair amount of feedback and I like a really smooth, buttery nib so I was rather worried about trying an EF, but I am blown away - it is *so* smooth! And it looks gorgeous, too!

When I see TWSBI, I expect to see the words "out of stock". That supply cannot meet demand is probably a good thing, for us. They haven't farmed out production to a substandard manufacturer. But part of me wishes that thay would sell through their website ONLY. They get the profits, and we know that whatever is out of stock means that there isn't one anywhere, for now. Put me on the waiting list.

Jeffery

In the Irish Channel of

New Orleans, LA