Noodler's Henry Hudson Blue

Signum1

The ink is slightly darker and scanner is not able to capture the reddish glow around the letters after soaking the ink. Perhaps others with this ink can comment about their sample for comparison.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8160/img0001ma.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Signum1

• inkstainedruth

• NewPenMan

• spiv

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just discovered this ink, and really like it. I agree that paper is key with this one. You need a good paper for it to really flourish on the page. Thanks for another beautiful review. I always look forward to them.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

I can see where it gets its name. It's a steely deep gray-blue that looks like Arctic waters. Very nice, I like it. Definitely worth checking out! Thanks for the review.

Looks like a blue-black with amazing shading. I like it. :)

I can see where it gets its name. It's a steely deep gray-blue that looks like Arctic waters. Very nice, I like it. Definitely worth checking out! Thanks for the review.

It was probably named for the Hudson river, since it's Fountain Pen Hospital exclusive and they're located in New York City. Though with the Noodler's proprietor being an expatriate Canadian the double entre (Hudson River and Hudson Bay) may well have been intentional.

Thank you for the review. This is one I will be trying soon.

How about a photo of the label? I am a confessed Noodler's art junkie!

I helped index the the 1940 US census

I'm nuts about this stuff, just got it a couple weeks ago. It, my blue/black ebonite Passaporto, and I are inseparable. Here's a quick & dirty scan of the label...

Thank you for the review. This is one I will be trying soon.

How about a photo of the label? I am a confessed Noodler's art junkie!

An art junkie you say? I recommend the risque artwork of the Mata Hari. :) We can debate who got busted over the art work. lol....

The Henry Hudson Blue artwork

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3056/img1371ex.jpg

Here's the Old Dutch Colony Sepia artwork.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/4402/img1372m.jpg

Though with the Noodler's proprietor being an expatriate Canadian ...

What What What?

that's really funny - I keep telling people I like the ink so much because Nathan is a perfect example (to me) of a Yankee Trader.

I got this ink because of spiv's review or mention, and I LOVE it! It's comparable to Sailor Blue-Black, which I do have, so why would I need another similar color? Because it's Noodler's! And it's eternal. And it's an FPH exclusive, and I like FPH. And look at that color! Beautiful!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I got this ink because of spiv's review or mention

:)

How's the Ellis Island BlBlk?

I should be kicking myself, shouldn't I

One other thing... People who love this ink (like myself) skip over the unusual smell when describing it.

I like everything about this ink but the strong smell. Has anyone else noticed this?

I noticed it too. El'Lawrence also has that same smell. Both are "eternal" inks, and I was curious if perhaps that might have something to do with it.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

I got this ink because of spiv's review or mention

:)

How's the Ellis Island BlBlk?

I should be kicking myself, shouldn't I

One other thing... People who love this ink (like myself) skip over the unusual smell when describing it.

There's a smell...?

No, seriously... now I'll have to check.

And, D'OH! I forgot that I was going to post a comparison photo of the two inks! Not prepared at the moment, but now I'm reminded... I'll make sure to get it done.

Thanks for the HHB recommendation, spiv. I like it too much!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

How does it compare to Bad Belted Kingfisher?

A picture is worth a thousand words. :)

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9650/img0001dv.jpg