• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Signum1

• inkstainedruth

• lightless

• ExcaliburZ

Don't like most sepias but I like this ink.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I had a bottle of this in my hands at the Fountain Pen Hospital last week, but I put it back. I love the Henry Hudson Blue that came out at the same time last year, but I can only get this eternal and bulletproof ink to work in a few pens. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Still, the sepia looks like a gorgeous color.

Is this a specialty or exclusive ink?

It's an exclusive ink. Click here.

I had a bottle of this in my hands at the Fountain Pen Hospital last week, but I put it back. I love the Henry Hudson Blue that came out at the same time last year, but I can only get this eternal and bulletproof ink to work in a few pens. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Still, the sepia looks like a gorgeous color.

Perhaps you need to clean the feed and clean underneath the nib of residues. By that I mean dried up inks from prior usage that's causing the blockage.

Edited by Signum1

• 1 year later...

:ninja:[Resurrects Thread] :ninja:

[Yay, review! Thanks!]

If you could indulge me -- it looks a little punchier than Eternal Brown from what I can see. Is it like that in person, too? I'm looking for a semi-light brown redolent of autumn to put in my upcoming Custom 823 when September gets going.

Edited by lightless

lightless

Ooh. Nice color. I'm not much for browns and sepias but I really like how this looks a lot -- warm toned, but not yellowish, and not too red tinged the way a lot of browns I've seen tend to be. How similar is this to Diamine Ancient Copper?

Okay. Looks like another pilgrimage to NYC is in order (of course I need more ink like a hole in the head). :headsmack:

My husband will *not* thank you for this....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Ooh. Nice color. I'm not much for browns and sepias but I really like how this looks a lot -- warm toned, but not yellowish, and not too red tinged the way a lot of browns I've seen tend to be. How similar is this to Diamine Ancient Copper?

Okay. Looks like another pilgrimage to NYC is in order (of course I need more ink like a hole in the head). :headsmack:

My wife won't thank you, either...

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I'd use Old Dutch Colony Sepia. It may be a few years until I burn through the ink I already have on hand. I'd also be tempted to purchase the Noodler's Eternal Brown instead. These seem close enough in color and the eternal is water proof (or very resistant) in almost its original color. Some Noodler eternals, particularly the exclusives, come in large bottles for the same price as non-eternal whereas other Noodler inks come in smaller bottles when they are eternals. If Noodler Eternal Brown is of the former type, I'd probably buy that one.

My wife won't thank you, either...

That's OKAY. The friendly staff at the Fountain Pen Hospital will put your packages in the mail with a SMILE! hahaha...

:ninja:[Resurrects Thread] :ninja:

If you could indulge me -- it looks a little punchier than Eternal Brown from what I can see. Is it like that in person, too? I'm looking for a semi-light brown redolent of autumn to put in my upcoming Custom 823 when September gets going.

The Old Dutch Colony is slightly darker than the Eternal Brown. If you want the brown to stay the same color upon contact with water, I suggest the Eternal Brown, which is an exclusive ink available at Pendemonium.

The Old Dutch Colony is slightly darker than the Eternal Brown. If you want the brown to stay the same color upon contact with water, I suggest the Eternal Brown, which is an exclusive ink available at Pendemonium.

Ah, thank you. :) I think I'd prefer the darker color, though there's an appeal to being bulletproof. Hmm... as long what's been written is legible after an accident, it's fine - I tend to take extra care to not have any liquids around my writings, so it's just a small precaution to keep whatever's there from being effaced. Thanks again!

I'd use Old Dutch Colony Sepia. It may be a few years until I burn through the ink I already have on hand. I'd also be tempted to purchase the Noodler's Eternal Brown instead. These seem close enough in color and the eternal is water proof (or very resistant) in almost its original color. Some Noodler eternals, particularly the exclusives, come in large bottles for the same price as non-eternal whereas other Noodler inks come in smaller bottles when they are eternals. If Noodler Eternal Brown is of the former type, I'd probably buy that one.

EDIT: Can't believe I missed your post... :headsmack: I looked at Pendemonium and it seems that their inks come in the normal 3 oz bottles. I might just make a little trip down to FPH. Thanks for your help! :)

Edited by lightless

lightless

Thanks for the review! I have a bottle that I've yet to try, but this looks like Rome is Burning with better writing characteristics.

That's OKAY. The friendly staff at the Fountain Pen Hospital will put your packages in the mail with a SMILE! hahaha...

What mail? I'll just wait till next Christmas and take the subway downtown from my sister-in-law's apartment in Midtown.... :lol:

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 1 year later...

I have been ordered just about every sepia under the sun, and can't seem to find one I am just in love with.

This sepia is really nice, BUT (you knew this was coming), it's a bit too light-colored in my Lamy Safari EF nib.

If you add a couple of drops of Burma Road Brown you get a super cool sepia.

• 2 years later...

Do you have a proportion on you mix of those two?

I'm on this eternal quest for sepia ink, and I've not found one I've settled on yet.

My sepia phase, I guess. I too write with several EF nibs, including a few Safaris.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by djmaher

.....the Heart has it's reasons, which Reason knows nothing of.....

• 4 years later...