Pelikan “Green-Marble” Tradition Classic 200 Series.

Iguana Sell

We have been informed that due to the increase demand, Pelikan is relaunching the “Green-marble” of the Tradition Classic 200 series.

post-39484-0-30006300-1319805218.jpg

Pelikan's Tradition 200 series pens are meticulously hand crafted with high quality materials. These pens are a collection of high-grade writing instruments with acrylic resin finish barrels and cap. These series pens are enhanced with gold-plated fittings and ornaments.

post-39484-0-83522200-1319805199.jpg

Classic Series 200 green-marble is high resin material, gold-plated steel nib and rings. The Pelikan Tradition Series 200 fountain pen features a built-in piston filling system, transparent ink tank and a hand-crafted, gold-plated stainless steel nib in sizes F, M, & B.

post-39484-0-57738900-1319805206.jpg

I hope this might be of interest to you,

Patrizia

Edited by Iguana Sell

Visit our website:

And many more at iguanasell.com

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert Alan

• Bipedallou

• jgrasty

• Iguana Sell

Hi Patrizia:

Have they given you any indication of the price point of these pens? It looks like a great way to dip my toes into the wonderful world of Pelikan.

Thanks for the information.

Don

Hi, I am glad you liked the post.

The indicated retail price of this pen in Europe is 75 euros and the estimated time for released would be during this month.

Thanks

Patrizia

Visit our website:

And many more at iguanasell.com

Nice pen

"Ignorance of all things is an evil neither terrible nor excessive, nor yet the greatest of all; but great cleverness and much learning, if they be accompanied by a bad training, are a much greater misfortune."

Plato (Greek philosopher 428-348 B.C.)

And is there an estimate on when they will be released?

They are available now. I posted an announcement in the "market watch" section about a week ago. I have seen them on sale at isellpens.com, The Fountain Pen Hospital, and richardspens.com. They can be found for around $85.

/Robert

No matter where you go, there you are.

Patrizia and/or Robert,

Any chance that the M215 might receive this color treatment? The only reason I have not purchased a M215 is I'm not thrilled with any of the patterns. What is the best, most effective, way to express one's desires to Pelikan? As Patrizia wrote, the green marble color pattern on the M200 series has been brought back by popular demand, so the marketing people at Pelikan are getting input from somewhere. Is it from the retailers, from polls taken from randomly selected registered purchasers, from unsolicited requests from fountain pen users, or perhaps a combination of all of these?

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a blue, or gray, marbled M215, especially if the cap was also covered in the marble overlay. :cloud9: A recent post here showed a picture of the M600 Green 'O Green. I really liked the affect of both barrel and cap covered. How much trouble is it to add that overlay? Would it be more expensive than the sliver colored line patterns used on the M215?

Oh well,

Lou

Patrizia and/or Robert,

Any chance that the M215 might receive this color treatment? The only reason I have not purchased a M215 is I'm not thrilled with any of the patterns. What is the best, most effective, way to express one's desires to Pelikan? As Patrizia wrote, the green marble color pattern on the M200 series has been brought back by popular demand, so the marketing people at Pelikan are getting input from somewhere. Is it from the retailers, from polls taken from randomly selected registered purchasers, from unsolicited requests from fountain pen users, or perhaps a combination of all of these?

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a blue, or gray, marbled M215, especially if the cap was also covered in the marble overlay. :cloud9: A recent post here showed a picture of the M600 Green 'O Green. I really liked the affect of both barrel and cap covered. How much trouble is it to add that overlay? Would it be more expensive than the sliver colored line patterns used on the M215?

Oh well,

Lou

Hello Lou! 'Sorry I haven't responded sooner.

The M215 series of pens, as far as I know, all have metal barrels so the construction is different from the all-plastic resin M200 series of pens. I use an M215 and like its weight and balance, but I also like to use the lighter M200 fountain pens. BTW, if one likes to post the cap, it seems caps are more easily posted on the M200 fountain pens (I don't post).

The Green over Green pens are in the M600-sized series and slightly larger than the M200 pens. They are certainly beautiful.

Regarding Pelikan's management, although I don't know exactly how they receive information, I imagine retailers and distributors hear 'the word on the street' and, possibly, convey that information back to Pelikan. One could contact Chartpak, Pelikan's distributor in the USA, for example.

Regards, Robert

Edited by Robert Alan

No matter where you go, there you are.

Thank you for your response Robert. The very reason I am attracted to the M215 is because it has the metal barrel, and the slight additional weight. As I’ve already noted I’m not really impressed it the ascetic design employed on them though. Perhaps someday Pelikan will consider wrapping the M215 barrel AND cap in a marble motif?

I currently have, and it is my favorite fountain pen, a black M400 (extra fine nib), and I do not post it at all. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my latest purchase, a Pelikan set consisting of a K600, D600 and M600 (18k gold medium nib). The purchase was made on EBay, the set is new, unused, although it is an older version, two chicks in the engraved emblem on the top of the cap, the M600 is the same size as my current M400.

So for now I’ll be holding off on getting a M215, waiting for a better (IMO) looking outer treatment on the barrel and cap that doesn’t compromise any of what is under the overlay.

Lou

• 1 month later...

Just for the record I've ordered one of these today. Niche/Pelikan Pens supply here in the UK at £60 which I didn't think was too bad. Medium nib and I'll let you know!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I would just like to say to Pelikan Germany - :headsmack:

Never understood what they were thinking.

And can we talk about the blue while we're at it?

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Thank you for your response Robert. The very reason I am attracted to the M215 is because it has the metal barrel, and the slight additional weight. As Ive already noted Im not really impressed it the ascetic design employed on them though. Perhaps someday Pelikan will consider wrapping the M215 barrel AND cap in a marble motif?

I currently have, and it is my favorite fountain pen, a black M400 (extra fine nib), and I do not post it at all. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my latest purchase, a Pelikan set consisting of a K600, D600 and M600 (18k gold medium nib). The purchase was made on EBay, the set is new, unused, although it is an older version, two chicks in the engraved emblem on the top of the cap, the M600 is the same size as my current M400.

So for now Ill be holding off on getting a M215, waiting for a better (IMO) looking outer treatment on the barrel and cap that doesnt compromise any of what is under the overlay.

Lou

If Pelikan could offer an M215 metal barrel pen that comes with a 14Kt gold M250 nib, that would be awesome. Maybe call it an M265 or something.

Edited by max dog

Thank you for your response Robert. The very reason I am attracted to the M215 is because it has the metal barrel, and the slight additional weight. As I’ve already noted I’m not really impressed it the ascetic design employed on them though. Perhaps someday Pelikan will consider wrapping the M215 barrel AND cap in a marble motif?

So for now I’ll be holding off on getting a M215, waiting for a better (IMO) looking outer treatment on the barrel and cap that doesn’t compromise any of what is under the overlay.

Lou

If Pelikan could offer an M215 metal barrel pen that comes with a 14Kt gold M250 nib, that would be awesome. Maybe call it an M265 or something.

You could always build your own "M265" by buying a M215 body and a 14k M250 or M400 nib. Richard's Pens, among others, will sell Pelikans that way.

Lou

You could always build your own "M265" by buying a M215 body and a 14k M250 or M400 nib. Richard's Pens, among others, will sell Pelikans that way.

That would be nice, but it would be cooler if Pelikan made it a model and it had it's own unique trim and finish.

Today l bought my pelikan M200. it was hard to decide the blue or the green one but at last l bought the green one cause it reminds the pelikans original colour. lt cost me about € 100 or $ 130 which is a little bit more than l expected.