Noodler's Flex Pen

TeachMathWithInk

Good luck to Rachel & Brian (and team) today! The gouletpens.com website is running slow, I'm sure that there are hundreds of people trying to jump on their orders before the hot-item pens run out. It took some patience, but I got my order in! Now if I can just figure out how I always accidentally end up with more paper and ink on every order...:hmm1:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fabienne

• Tom Lynch

• Gobblecup

• MrsGouletPens

I got halfway through checking out, then realized that the 3oz of X-feather had sold out so I had to go and find the 4.5 oz bottle to add instead, and now I'm stuck waiting for my shopping cart to load.

I'd already pre-ordered a Jade flex through isellpens so if i can't get my Goulet order to complete, I hope that Todd didn't oversell his stock.

Edited by subbes

"Perdita thought, to take an example at random, that things like table manners were a stupid and repressive idea. Agnes, on the other hand, was against being hit by flying bits of other people's cabbage." (Pratchett, T. Carpe Jugulum.)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1813132/pride.png

The site is definitely a little bogged down, but nothing to painful. I got my order in without much wait time.

Now we wait... :P

Swavey

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/PoppinSwav/FPNsig.jpghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

I just finished my order thankfully. It was bogged down and took me about half an hour to get one. But hey at least you can still navigate the site. Albeit slowly.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Dr. Seuss

There are about a dozen of them for sale in the classified section at the regular price. How come they're not sold out yet?! Anything I should know?!

A little slow? It's been thirty minutes, and I still don't have an order.

Hmmm....mine sure wasn't fast, but it only took a total of 10 minutes or so. I reckon we're all to blame, though--such a rush of traffic all at once.

At least there's the reassurance of another shipment in a week, it doesn't sound like if you miss right here and now you'll be out of luck for months.

There are about a dozen of them for sale in the classified section at the regular price. How come they're not sold out yet?! Anything I should know?!

I think I saw them in the classifieds, but I wanted to get some ink samples and paper, so that's why I'm ordering from GouletPens.

The site is slow but every click is being registered. I wound up with 12 flex pens in my cart, and even though I wish my wallet were flexible enough to pay for all those, I know my wife would bend over backwards if I opened a package with a dozen pens. Took some time to edit what was in the cart then go back and add in a bottle of Purple Heart.

I tried to begin my order at 11 (Central Time), but by the time I was able to complete it the color I wanted was sold out. I thought about choosing a different color, but I'll just wait for the next round and try again.

Edited by Tiffanyhenschel

"Life is too big for words, so don't try to describe it. Just live it."

- C.S. Lewis

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I got screwed big time. Not happy. Ok, so I know it can't be helped but neither can my anger and dissapointment.

excuse me while I go commit murder.

It took about 30 minutes to complete my order (including signing back in because apparently the site forgot who I was between 11:30 and noon :headsmack: ) -- A big chunk of the delay was the shipping calculator (which I don't think is actually on their server?).

All told I don't think that's too terrible considering the rampaging hordes that are probably descending on the various retailers who carry the flex pens - Their server seems to have recovered which probably has something to do with the fact that the Goulets are already out of stock on many of the colors :gaah:

I got screwed big time. Not happy. Ok, so I know it can't be helped but neither can my anger and dissapointment.

excuse me while I go commit murder.

I want to be mad, but where else can you get ink samples and listen to interviews with Nathan Tardif? The Goulets just need more umpa loompas.

They're getting another shipment next week, so I doubt missing out on one this week is worth homicide. Arson, maybe, but not homicide.

"Perdita thought, to take an example at random, that things like table manners were a stupid and repressive idea. Agnes, on the other hand, was against being hit by flying bits of other people's cabbage." (Pratchett, T. Carpe Jugulum.)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1813132/pride.png

My order took about 40 minutes, including the time that I had to readjust everything else in my cart (it was doubling or trippling everything else for some reason). I ended up having to do two separate orders, and lost out on three colors. Oh well, still getting a couple of pens, so that's cool. :thumbup:

Looking for an Omas Arco Verde...the one that got away.

Oh my... frenzy!!!

Haven't they told that next week they will become a much bigger load of all colors of flex pens?!

And because of this there is no need to rush anymore?

tsssss......

Greetings,

Michael

Boy, that was like being caught in some crazy time warp. I ended up somehow with 10 TEN flex pens in my cart and (of course) I only wanted one. I put the right number in and off it went. Slow but I did get a receipt so that means it is in process.

Just as all this is going on, my husband calls me and the alarm on my iPhone goes off and refuses to shut off, I find the aforementioned problem that I have 10 flex pens in my cart and ARGGGGH!:gaah:bUT...I made it.

Poor Goulets. At least they know what they will be doing for the next week +. They need to get the young 'uns hooked up the the plow, too. :roflmho:

ETA: Booger! I got lucky I wanted a color no one else wanted. Scary how fast some sold out. I sympathize with all the would-be: murderers, arsonists, committers of mayhem, robbers of liquor stores, and the like. Were it not for my foul vulgar taste in colors, I am sure I would be among you.

Ex2TA (Edited Twice To Add): Maybe if you go back, you will find that your pen color is still available. If there were several of us who clicked on a color more than once to add to our carts, realized the mistake and then put them back, there well may be the color of your choice in stock. I hope I expressed that correctly. I must have clicked on the color I wanted 10 times as there ended up being 10 pens in my cart. I took out 9 and went to check out, which means that it appeared for a while that there were 9 less in stock than there really are. If you are disappointed at the moment, it might be a good idea to go back and recheck to see if you can ultimately get what you want.

Edited by Fabienne

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Woot!!! Got my order through!

Well, took nearly forty minutes for the page to load once I clicked "add to cart", then it put 3 in my cart! Guess I might have been a little eager clicking the "add to cart" button. Once I cleared that up, I mistakenly put my shipping address as the billing address so the transaction failed... started to worry that I would miss out. Seems like I have been waiting forever.

My Pens: Cross Century (Matte Black) / Parker Inflection (Stainless) / Hero 329 (Black) / Noodler's free eyedropper (Clear) / Esterbrook LJ (Copper) / Lamy Safari (Red) / Reform 1745 (Green/Black)

Thirty minutes precisely to complete the order BUT at least the server didn't fall on its knees begging to be put out of its misery.

Like many others, I discovered that every click, despite not registering on my screen, DID add a pen - wish I could have bought the ten!

"All's well that ends well." WS

first fountain pen: student Sheaffer, 1956

next fountain pen: Montblanc 146 circa 1990

favourite ink: Noodler's Zhivago

favourite pen: Waterman No. 12

most beautiful pen: Conway Stewart 84 red with gold veins, oh goodness gracious