Ecclesiastical Stationery Supplies Registrars Ink

Sandy1

We at ESS are delighted to read that our Registrars Ink is performing to everyone’s satisfaction and giving so much pleasure. A few points need clarification.

1) Our ink is a UK product, it is not made in Germany

2) We know our price is lower than comparable products from other suppliers, this does not mean our product is of a lesser quality (as is confirmed by the reviews), it is our policy to sell a quality product at a reasonable price.

3) We will be pleased to supply world wide. Our web site now includes an “Export” button where we are now showing an all inclusive worldwide export price.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sandy1

• Bo Bo Olson

• JimB

• Chiro75

Top Posters In This Topic

We at ESS are delighted to read that our Registrars Ink is performing to everyone’s satisfaction and giving so much pleasure. A few points need clarification.

2) We know our price is lower than comparable products from other suppliers, this does not mean our product is of a lesser quality (as is confirmed by the reviews), it is our policy to sell a quality product at a reasonable price.

3) We will be pleased to supply world wide. Our web site now includes an “Export” button where we are now showing an all inclusive worldwide export price.

I'm about to order my first bottle! :clap1:

It is easier to stay out than get out. - Mark Twain

We at ESS are delighted to read that our Registrars Ink is performing to everyone's satisfaction and giving so much pleasure. A few points need clarification.

3) We will be pleased to supply world wide. Our web site now includes an "Export" button where we are now showing an all inclusive worldwide export price.

Your Registrars Ink is a wonderful product. I've used it in a variety of pens since my order was delivered a few weeks ago and I'm very happy with its performance. It even tamed the flow in my M1000 from 'geyser' to 'garden hose'. I'm particularly pleased with the results from F and XF nibs.

I'll be back for more, I'm sure. Thank you.

JLT (J. L. Trasancos, Barneveld, NY)

"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."

Hermann Hesse (1877 - 1962)

We at ESS are delighted to read that our Registrars Ink is performing to everyone's satisfaction and giving so much pleasure. A few points need clarification.

2) ✃ snip ✁

3) We will be pleased to supply world wide. Our web site now includes an "Export" button where we are now showing an all inclusive worldwide export price.

Hi,

:W2FPN:

Thank-you for confirming the ink's provenance. That was previously mentioned, but not in this thread: http://www.fountainp...ost__p__2143425

Please let us know if the VAT will be deducted from the price when exporting to countries whose residents are not required to pay VAT.

Bye,

S1

Edited by Sandy1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Ordered and paid. And yes, I know I'm violating my own rule of no iron gall ink!

Messmer

I've been using ESS IG for a bit more than a week now and I'm very pleased with it. I do find the rapid color shift from rich looking blue to dark blue-black most entertaining.

Thanks to ESS for a great ink and thanks to Sandy1 for an awesome review :thumbup:

I've been using ESS IG for a bit more than a week now and I'm very pleased with it. I do find the rapid color shift from rich looking blue to dark blue-black most entertaining.

Thanks to ESS for a great ink and thanks to Sandy1 for an awesome review :thumbup:

Hi,

You're welcome!

I think its grand that people are chiming in with their experience with ESSRI - it really helps to build a well-rounded profile of the ink. :thumbup:

Have you found any pen+paper combos to avoid? Or any combos that excel?

Bye,

S1

Hi,

You're welcome!

I think its grand that people are chiming in with their experience with ESSRI - it really helps to build a well-rounded profile of the ink. :thumbup:

Have you found any pen+paper combos to avoid? Or any combos that excel?

Bye,

S1

Sandy1,

I have had particularly good results with the finer nibs, especially a Sailor Pro Gear F (a Western XF) and a Sheaffer Triumph 1750 XF. ESSRI shades very well in both of these pens, perhaps a bit more with the Sheaffer as it is not quite so generous with ink flow as is the Sailor. Lubricity is on the low side but far from objectionable.

As for paper, I have yet to find anything that is unsatisfactory. I've been using this ink daily at the office and it performs very well on the lowest-bidder copy bond stuff we use. It has also completed a few crossword puzzles on newsprint (I usually use Noodler's Black for that, but I thought I'd give it a try) without any feathering or bleed-through (!). So far, ESSRI has produced a very nice, tight line on the lower quality papers. Needless to say, it handles the paper in my Black 'n Red journals very well and the feel on finished papers is very good.

Very good stuff indeed and remarkably versatile when matched with the proper pen and nib.

I just ordered not one but 2, bottles of ESS IG ink because of you Sandy. This broke not only my self imposed moral high ground of prudent spending but also my ink embargo. Sandy and IG inks, the combo is to much to resist. PLEASE STOP, for all goodness sakes, please......................... don't stop. :cloud9:

What Would The Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?

I just ordered not one but 2, bottles of ESS IG ink because of you Sandy. This broke not only my self imposed moral high ground of prudent spending but also my ink embargo. Sandy and IG inks, the combo is to much to resist. PLEASE STOP, for all goodness sakes, please......................... don't stop. :cloud9:

Hi,

Of all inks to dislodge you from a "self imposed moral high ground" - the ESSRI happens to be the one! Although it is a Registrar's ink - not a capricious ink!

I hope the two bottles will be both interesting and of practical use, so that you can re-assure yourself it was a satisfying and prudent purchase. And at the end of the day no "moral high ground" was lost!

Bye,

S1

✃ snip ✁

Sandy1,

I have had particularly good results with the finer nibs, especially a Sailor Pro Gear F (a Western XF) and a Sheaffer Triumph 1750 XF. ESSRI shades very well in both of these pens, perhaps a bit more with the Sheaffer as it is not quite so generous with ink flow as is the Sailor. Lubricity is on the low side but far from objectionable.

As for paper, I have yet to find anything that is unsatisfactory. I've been using this ink daily at the office and it performs very well on the lowest-bidder copy bond stuff we use. It has also completed a few crossword puzzles on newsprint (I usually use Noodler's Black for that, but I thought I'd give it a try) without any feathering or bleed-through (!). So far, ESSRI has produced a very nice, tight line on the lower quality papers. Needless to say, it handles the paper in my Black 'n Red journals very well and the feel on finished papers is very good.

Very good stuff indeed and remarkably versatile when matched with the proper pen and nib.

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know your successful experience! :thumbup:

Ah - the lubrication! Certainly typical of i-g inks: not their strong suit, but not a deal breaker either.

Thanks for confirming the success on lowest bidder copy paper, which I think will become more common and persistent. Also on newsprint - which somehow rarely occurs to me. (?)

Bye,

S1

Ordered mine on Friday. Any thoughts on my plan on trying this ink out in a vintage Pelikan 140? It's a very wet writer that has been bugging me, so a drier ink might be the solution. But ig ink in a piston filler - should I re-think this or will it be okay?

It is easier to stay out than get out. - Mark Twain

Ordered mine on Friday. Any thoughts on my plan on trying this ink out in a vintage Pelikan 140? It's a very wet writer that has been bugging me, so a drier ink might be the solution. But ig ink in a piston filler - should I re-think this or will it be okay?

It should be OK provided you don't let the ink sit in the pen for extended periods between flushings. Note that several Montblanc inks are (and have been) ferro-gallic and are, of course, recommended for use in MB piston fillers. Just be prudent and disciplined with your pen hygiene and you should have no problems.

A final note - I keep a bottle of Noodler's American Eel Blue around to keep my piston fillers lubricated. The stuff works and it's a good shade of blue. I use it every third or fourth fill (at times more frequently depending on the incumbent ink) after a thorough flushing to ensure proper function.

Hi,

As JLT mentioned above,

"It should be OK provided you don't let the ink sit in the pen for extended periods between flushings. . . . Just be prudent and disciplined with your pen hygiene and you should have no problems."

It is also important for the pen to be very clean before inking-up with an i-g ink.

I've used other i-g inks in my vintage pens, from very early BCHR eyedropper pens to my beloved MB149, which is used mostly with the MBMBl ink. The only pens I am reluctant to use with the i-g inks are the Snorkels without a 14K snorkel tube - I cannot cleanse that tube after inking-up.

And not to let the ink sit unused in a pen for all that long. Other than my daily workhorse, most pens are cleansed after I finish the document I'm working on: typically one day, and rarely up to three days. If one is keeping a daily journal pen, then I'd cleanse that pen weekly - as I do my daily workhorse. Likely others will chime-in saying that frequency of cleansing is not necessary, (GP uses an impolite 4-letter word), but it works for me and my pens!

Bye,

S1

Edited by Sandy1

It should be OK provided you don't let the ink sit in the pen for extended periods between flushings. Note that several Montblanc inks are (and have been) ferro-gallic and are, of course, recommended for use in MB piston fillers. Just be prudent and disciplined with your pen hygiene and you should have no problems.

A final note - I keep a bottle of Noodler's American Eel Blue around to keep my piston fillers lubricated. The stuff works and it's a good shade of blue. I use it every third or fourth fill (at times more frequently depending on the incumbent ink) after a thorough flushing to ensure proper function.

I use Dow 111 when I think my piston need a little help. Cost around 16 USD ship to canada for a 2 oz bottle (ebay). It is FDA grade (not mandatory for FP) but a good choice if you think using it for other use like drinkable water o-ring. It is a little more trouble as I need to take the FP a part...

Edited by Messmer

Messmer

A little of silicone grease (ebay) on the piston and all will be ok I think. The guy I buy it from sell smaller quantity. A 2 oz bottle will last your for years.

Messmer

Hi all!

I promised to let you know how things are going with the ESS Registrars Ink as soon as I got my bottle! Of course, I would not even attempt to reach the thoroughness of Sandy1's review, but I think you would like some feedback!

Well, the bottle came today, after only 4 days! After decanting it into a medical brown-glass bottle (thanks for the proposition, Sandy1!) I proceeded to fill my HS 1.3 Stub with the ink and started to scribble! :rolleyes:

First impressions? Excellent! :cloud9: The ink was free-flowing from the HS and to my amazement the ink flow was just perfect - wet but not too wet. See, the problem I have with other inks and my HS Stub is that the nib is too wet with inks like MB Violet and PR Tanzanite and as a consequence I had severe bleed-through that really got me steaming... This is not the case with ESSRI, the flow is just right and there is no bleed/show-through.

What is wonderful with ESSRI is that in papers like Leuchtturm (and, to a lesser degree, Toyale Creme) it changes from blue to dark blue-almost-black in a matter of seconds! What a great ink, especially for the Stub nib; even if dark, it retains the wonderful shading... I am not a big fan of blue inks, but the ESSRI won my heart! :wub:

I think this ink will be with me for a very long dalliance! Posting some pictures, so you can see for yourselves.

ESS Registrars Ink on crappy grey-white paper, 70 gr/m2 :

fpn_1320861418__ess_on_crappy_paper.jpg

ESS Registrars Ink on Leuchtturm 1917 ink friendly, 70 gr/m2 :

fpn_1320861612__ess_on_leuchtturm.jpg

ESS Registrars Ink on Toyale Creme paper, 80 gr/m2 :

fpn_1320861688__ess_on_toyale.jpg

Edited by Korybas
fpn_1355507962__snailbadge.png

I have two bottles somewhere between UK and LA; hope they arrive by mid-week next week.

Jeffery

In the Irish Channel of

New Orleans, LA