Jeb's Nazca

USMCMom

I recently ordered a special pen from John Brady (JEB). The pen was to hold 2 very special meanings to me ... waking up on the right side of the dirt recently and as a birthday gift to myself (first one in many years). As it turned out, my son bought the pen for me, so it now holds 3 special meanings.

The pen is a Nazca "Tuscany Sun", fitted with a two-tone medium (M) nib, made by John. I knew it was going to be a beauty from pictures, however, when the pen arrived, it was one of those times when a picture doesn't do justice to the real thing. This pen is, hands down, gorgeous! Solidly made, perfect size and weight for my hand and the nib, just as on my "Strawberry", also by John Brady, writes like silk on silk. Beautiful pen, wonderfully made, smooooth nib, gorgeous color and I've had no problems regardless of the paper used. Could there be more?? No, not that would make this pen any better.

The Nazca is a good size pen, a plus for those of us who prefer larger pens, but its not heavy in your hand, so I have experienced absolutely no fatigue. You'll notice that my "Tuscany Sun" has no clip. I don't use clips, so I requested that it be made without one. The result was a beautifully sleek pen. I don't post my pens, so my pen doesn't post. Truly a custom pen from blank to delivery.

This is my second custom pen made by John Brady and I can tell you quite frankly, it won't be my last!! My camera has been refusing to play nicely, so I'm hoping that John won't mind that I used the photographs he sent to me as a teasing preview of my new baby. Pictures quite honestly don't do justice to the beauty of this pen! Look at that shine!!!

Thank you, John!!!

fpn_1317757830__nazca_clipless_by_john_brady_sept_2011_-_1.jpg

fpn_1317757874__nazca_clipless_by_john_brady_sept_2011_-_2.jpg

Permission given to use photographs by John Brady.

Edited by USMCMom

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMCMom

• Scriptorium Pens

• jar

• watch_art

The filling system is cartridge or converter, however, John knows I don't use cartridges, so he didn't add one. The nib is a medium ... I'm not sure I understand nib "style". Due to my camera behaving like a brat, I'm not able to offer a writing sample. If I can get that hateful beast to behave, I'll add one.

The filling system is cartridge or converter, however, John knows I don't use cartridges, so he didn't add one. The nib is a medium ... I'm not sure I understand nib "style". Due to my camera behaving like a brat, I'm not able to offer a writing sample. If I can get that hateful beast to behave, I'll add one.

The style was just referring to how it was ground, round, italic, cursive italic, stub ...

My Website

Thank you, I sure do love it! it's just so darn pretty! LOL John does beautiful work.

Thank you for explaining the "style" (I didn't have a clue). I'm considering having it ground, but can't decide whether a CI or stub. If I understand correctly what I've been reading, a stub would tend to be smoother. I definitely don't want the corners catching on paper. I have a pen (Foray Focus) that I believe is a stub and I love it.

Edited by USMCMom

I think I'm going to have to get one in that Tuscan Sun color, too. It just looks happy! I am currently loving my Nazca in Crushed Shell, and have another on order in Tobacco Brown. I'm also going to have to get a part time job if I keep this up! :embarrassed_smile:

I think I'm going to have to get one in that Tuscan Sun color, too. It just looks happy! I am currently loving my Nazca in Crushed Shell, and have another on order in Tobacco Brown. I'm also going to have to get a part time job if I keep this up! :embarrassed_smile:

Part time job ... I hear ya ... I'm still trying to find a job around here that will do a little more than pay for my gas to get to work and back! LOL

That's a pretty pen, girl!!!

Just out of curiosity, what did your Tuscan Sun cost? It might break me from my self imposed pen embargo.

What Would The Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?

Sweet pen! A stub will be smooth at a big range of angles to the paper, a Cursive italic will be smooth at a smaller but still big set of angles. Crisp italics are picky. If people don't question the way you hold a pen then a Cursive italic should work.

Sweet pen! A stub will be smooth at a big range of angles to the paper, a Cursive italic will be smooth at a smaller but still big set of angles. Crisp italics are picky. If people don't question the way you hold a pen then a Cursive italic should work.

Thank you.