Twsbi Diamond 540

saketb

After much of the waiting period, I received the TWSBI Diamond 540 today...

When I received the package earlier today, I was not sure what would have come but when I checked the sender's name I was sure its the TWSBI pen...

The packing was done very nicely with foam covering the whole of the pen box. There was no possibility of any damages in transit.

I removed the pen box and the pen was revealed. Oh! it was so beautiful... Quickly removed everything and inked it up with Sheaffer Turquoise and started off.

Its a great writer and completely worth. TWSBI, has done a great job by developing this pen.

I have attached a few pictures of the pen as well as a written sample.

post-75373-0-94481400-1316798403.jpg

post-75373-0-93092400-1316798431.jpg

post-75373-0-46952000-1316798466.jpg

post-75373-0-70864100-1316798486.jpg

Pilot Vanishing Point Royal Red

Sailor Professional Gear - Sailor Jentle Grenade

Kaweco AC Sport Red Limited Edition - Kaweco Red

Sheaffer Prelude Chrome - Private Reserve Sherwood Green

TWSBI Diamond 540 - Sheaffer Purple

Sheaffer 300 - Private Reserve Orange Crush

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saketb

• Scribble Monboddo

• rudrakabir

• Pterodactylus

Nice review! Just received my TWSBI 540 today as well! Mine's an EF, and so far I'm loving it. It's going to be a note-taking machine for me (fine nib plus huge ink capacity) :)

It looks like a TWSBI revolution running around everywhere... :roflmho:

Currently, dropping lot of ink from the 540. :puddle:

rudrakabir, just curious, which nib do you have?

Edited by saketb

I got a fine nib. Plus a medium nibbed twsbi for one of my friends who is a FP enthusiast too!!! We split postage.

Just curous , what is TWSBI pronounced as?? :curious: :hmm1:

Current ink:Noodlers polar black

I have a 530 - is it worth getting a 540? From what I can tell, the differences are: increased ink capacity and redesigned clip on cap. No difference on the nib? Anyone with both want to comment please on any difference in writing? Thanks.

I got a fine nib. Plus a medium nibbed twsbi for one of my friends who is a FP enthusiast too!!! We split postage.

Just curous , what is TWSBI pronounced as?? :curious: :hmm1:

That's great to know that you have a fine nib. How does it write?

My pronounciation would be Twis-Be.

I have a 530 - is it worth getting a 540? From what I can tell, the differences are: increased ink capacity and redesigned clip on cap. No difference on the nib? Anyone with both want to comment please on any difference in writing? Thanks.

I don't own a 530, but you can always have a 540 and fill it up with a different colour of ink to use it for your creative writings.

Happy TWSBI'ing... :roflmho:

Can we have a written sample from all the different nib sizes with the 540/530, purely for comparison.

This would be really helpful for future orders with the TWSBI Mini's when it comes out.

This is nice one and drooling stuff, From where you have ordered this.

And I like colour of ink

You can email TWSBI at info@twsbi.com and request for a quotation for the Diamond 540 Transparent or the ROC.

These pens are great...

Edited by saketb

Yes, currently (9/29/11) the nibs on the Diamond 530/540 are Schmidt nibs.

Have fist, will travel

My deviantArt page

• 1 year later...

'Still enjoying my 540 - no cracking issues or bugs at all. I may have to get a 580 to keep it comany when they finally arrive! There's a hand-written review here, if you can stand some red ink: http://scribbledemonboddo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/twsbi-diamond-540-11mm-nib-2012.html

http://imageshack.us/a/img838/1568/ln5y.jpg

(TWSBI 540 Smoke - 1.1 stub - Caran d'Ache Amazon)

(Pelikan 200 Demonstrator - M cursive italic - Diamine Sargasso Sea)

Sorry: surpriced = surprised :wallbash:

Edited by Pterodactylus

'Still enjoying my 540 - no cracking issues or bugs at all. I may have to get a 580 to keep it company when they finally arrive! There's a hand-written review here, if you can stand some red ink: http://scribbledemonboddo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/twsbi-diamond-540-11mm-nib-2012.html

http://imageshack.us/a/img405/108/twsbiresponse01.jpg

Sorry: surpriced = surprised :bonk:

Guten Abend, Pterodactylus! Thank you for the wonderful hand-written response - I must say, I like your handwriting too. To answer your question, I have not modified my 540's nib, but I have found that with prolonged use the nib loosened up and started to become a little flexible naturally. Like a good pair of walking boots, regular exercise seems to improve performance...

'Still enjoying my 540 - no cracking issues or bugs at all. I may have to get a 580 to keep it company when they finally arrive! There's a hand-written review here, if you can stand some red ink: http://scribbledemonboddo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/twsbi-diamond-540-11mm-nib-2012.html

Guten Abend, Pterodactylus! Thank you for the wonderful hand-written response - I must say, I like your handwriting too. To answer your question, I have not modified my 540's nib, but I have found that with prolonged use the nib loosened up and started to become a little flexible naturally. Like a good pair of walking boots, regular exercise seems to improve performance...

Guten Abend Scribble Monboddo. :-)

Thanks for your answer. :-)

It seems that I didn't used my 540 enough, I will try to use it more.

When I try to squeeze a little bit more out of the nib it starts to railroad, like at the'y' in ...out of my nib.

I'm looking forward that it gets hopefully more like yours.

Unfortunately the new Jowo nibs on the Mini are stiffer than the bock nibs.

I think the overall quality improved with the Mini compared to the 540, but I like the Bock nibs more than the new Jowo.

Guten Abend Scribble Monboddo. :-)

Thanks for your answer. :-)

It seems that I didn't used my 540 enough, I will try to use it more.

When I try to squeeze a little bit more out of the nib it starts to railroad, like at the'y' in ...out of my nib.

I'm looking forward that it gets hopefully more like yours.

Unfortunately the new Jowo nibs on the Mini are stiffer than the bock nibs.

I think the overall quality improved with the Mini compared to the 540, but I like the Bock nibs more than the new Jowo.

Yes, I agree. I like the Mini but the 540 nib is more responsive. However. my Mini has also softened-up with regular use, so there is only one solution; work it harder!

As a retailer of these pens, i can say we have had nothing but fantastic reviews. Reading the reviews here I'm so glad to see the positive feelings on the Twsbi product.

I love mine, I'm glad to see so much great feed back

Alexander Pen Co.