Ink Review - Diaimine Yellow

This review, along with all my other ones can be found on my blog. Please, do go and check it out. I'm certain you'll enjoy your visit! :D

Another yellow ink for review today. This one is definitely different from the last one I reviewed (Diamine Sunshine). It's much more bright, and suited to be a highlighting ink. The brightness of it makes it somewhat unpleasant for everyday use, especially for writing letters, but I think this ink may have a place in some applications.

The ink up for review is Diamine Yellow. This is Diamine's version of pure, straight up, yellow. And it is indeed yellow. Most of the time!

As always, the typed-text version of the review, for easier reading. Also as usual, we've got the underlined parts, which means I added it in after the review was written.

Ink review: Diamine Yellow

Pen and nib: TWSBI 540 with a Tyler Dahl stub

Color: Yellow, with a little hint of orange. This orange hint becomes more visible as the ink dries, and ages. When first applied to the page, it is bright yellow, but after a week, it looks like yellow/orange to me.

Dry time: 10 seconds. Very good!

Smear when dry: NO

Lubrication: None, or very close to none. This is a VERY watery ink, and thus has no lubricating properties. This is another reason is excels at being a highlighter ink.

Shading: None at all. Not even hint. Once again, after the ink is dried, it changes! There is in fact, some light shading in the ink after it has "aged" for a week.

Feathering: None at all!

Bleedthrough: None!

Notes: This is an ink that I personally find is really only useful for highlighting - which it is good at. It is very hard to read though when used to write in any substantial length. I like it decently, but I don't highlight much, so it's not a keeper for me. If you like to highlight - this may be a good option!

This scan came out really accurate actually, which I was very happy about. Most yellow inks seem to show up poorly.

Here's an example of it used for highlighting. Let it be noted that the color is off in the below picture. It is just here to show how transparent the ink is.

Also, do note that this card was taken from the

Goulet Pen Company's ink syringe set. Please visit them sometime, and check em' out. They're the best company out there that retails inks, pens, etc. :)

So there you go - Diamine Yellow. I'm not a huge fan of this ink for one main reasons:

The color (for me personally) is to bright for everyday use, but a little to dark for highlighting! This makes it bad for both applications in my eyes. Some people might love this ink color, but for me, I'd prefer

Diamine Sunshine for everyday writing, and something a bit brighter for highlighting.

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this review! Please, let me know what you think of the ink, and the review. Drop me a comment, and don't be shy.

:)

Be sure to

subscribe to keep updated on all the new stuff I'm posting. I'm beginning work on many pen reviews, which are going to be really fun!

Regards,

Tyler Dahl

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• jonwat

• Watercycle

Any comments?... unsure.gif

Or is this ink that unpopular...

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

I quite like it! Not sure what I'd use it for though, apart from as you say highlighting.

I quite like it! Not sure what I'd use it for though, apart from as you say highlighting.

Yes, it's not a very multi-purposed ink. :)

I can't see myself using this ink.

Neither can I, as I never do highlighting of any sorts. FP nibs just aren't that great for that task. They'll "melt" through the page if I touch the nib on it for to long...

Another great review. I think I may purchase it to use as a highlighter, bright enough but more restful on the eyes than neon inks.

That's true, as far as highlighter inks go, this ones certainly less bright than other ones! I need to try some of those Noodlers inks, the really neon ones... I'll bet those can seriously burn your eyes!

FPN%252520banner.jpg

When I first ordered ink from Diamine, they included a 30ml bottle of this ink as the freebie. I was disappointed as I had been expecting a box of cartridges.

The bottle lies unused in my collection of inks. I never thought of using it as a highlighter, but then again, I am not one for using broad nibs and do not own a suitable pen.

well this is certainly a highlighter color, but I can't see much use outside of that :o

at that point... I think i would just buy a highlighter honestly :P

nice picture =) captured it real well

I know Pelikan makes a bright yellow highlighter ink that is nice - and Noodler's does as well. I agree that this looks too dark to use as HL ink. I hate highlighters though - but they do have their place. I use em for my grade books.

I love it! I think my next ink has been decided ... how you reckon it would work in that pilot pen with the really wide nib?

Esterbrook J, TWSBI Diamond 580 (lost it somewhere :-() and some random other pens

• 1 year later...

I recently bought this Diamine Yellow just for the

sake of mixing with other shades to have my OWN color.