Diamine Rustic Brown

DanielCoffey

INK : DIAMINE RUSTIC BROWN

PAPER : RHODIA #16 A5 white lined

PEN : Onoto Magna 261 Medium nib tweaked for wet flow by John Sorowka (Oxonian).

http://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/fountainpennetwork/ReviewRusticBrown.jpg

Here is a close-up of the swab...

http://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/fountainpennetwork/ReviewRusticBrownSwab.jpg

And a close-up of the amazing shading!

http://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/fountainpennetwork/ReviewRusticBrownShade.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DanielCoffey

• saintsimon

• Tennessee Dave

Oh! That's a pretty nice color!

Reminds me of Diamine Syrah. In fact, it looks almost the exact same... hmm1.gif

I'm sure it's different looking in person though. If only there was a way to perfectly capture inks on a computer.

Thank you again for another useful review!

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

I have some Syrah on its way to me later this week. I think the Syrah has one more dab of purple in it.

Reminds me of Diamine Syrah. In fact, it looks almost the exact same... hmm1.gif

Rustic Brown is not a wine colour but is in the brick red or terracotta family, like J. Herbin Terre de Feu, but darker.

Thanks for the review.

Dave

Thankful for being blessed with a genteel life and wonderful wife

Nice review, thanks. I use primarily flex nib pens and this ink is so well behaved with them. It feeds well enough to not railroad track and yet never gushes. The shading is marvelous and the color very masculine. My prime warm-tone ink along with black cherry.

first fountain pen: student Sheaffer, 1956

next fountain pen: Montblanc 146 circa 1990

favourite ink: Noodler's Zhivago

favourite pen: Waterman No. 12

most beautiful pen: Conway Stewart 84 red with gold veins, oh goodness gracious

Oh! That's a pretty nice color!

I'm sure it's different looking in person though. If only there was a way to perfectly capture inks on a computer.

Thank you again for another useful review!

you guessed it right! it is dif in person.

to the OP: thx for the review. it's one ink i wish i use more often, but sometimes i forget i have it!! :blush:

Thanks for the comments folks.

I have received my next batch from Diamine - Prussian Blue, Syrah, Damson, Amethyst and Teal. I will do the same type of review as they pass through the pen.

Hmm, I must update my British Ink Exchange listing too.

Edited by DanielCoffey

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATED SCANS : 08 SEPTEMBER 2011

Scanner : IT8-calibrated Epson V600 flatbed

Colour Space : Adobe RGB

Matte : 50% grey and 100% white

Post-process : Unsharp Mask

I think we will all agree that these are much better scans than the originals I had posted. I now have better equipment to redo all the Diamine Ink Reviews that I have posted.

Anyone able to do a comparison between this and the discontinued Sailor Red-Brown?

Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

I think you will find that the soon-to-be-released Diamine Ancient Copper will scratch that itch. I have never owned the Sailor Red Brown but from what I have seen it had a slight orange hint to it that the Rustic Brown is missing. The Ancient Copper looks like a better bet for you.