Ink Review - Diamine Marine!

This review, along with all my other ones, can be found on

my website. Please, do me a huge favor and check it out! I'm certain you'll enjoy your visit! :D

Well, on a lazy summer Saturday, what better thing to do than review an ink! Today's ink is really in the "spirit of summer". It has a clean, fresh, cool feel to it that I just love. I only have a sample vial of it right now, but this ink is one that has made it to my "must-buy" list. It's a fabulous color... Stay tuned, for Diamine Marine!

For those who haven't been following my blog recently, I'll explain the review "text". I provide the review in a typed format for those who cannot read my handwriting. This format also allows me to add edits to whatever I said in my review. Any part that is edited, added, or otherwise changed is underlined for your convenience.

Enjoy!

Ink Review: Diamine Marine

Pen and nib: TWSBI Diamond 530 with a 777 custom B cursive italic nib

Color: Well, I guess... Marine! It's basically a light-ish blue with a good bit of green thrown in.

Dry time: 20 seconds... I can never really judge dry-time as it all depends on the paper and nib/pen you're using.

Smear when dry: NO

Lubrication: Moderate. Not dry or slick...

Shading: Pretty good. I like it.It has a gentle shade to it on certain letters. Certainly not a high shading ink, but it's still there.

Feathering: It is a little bit feathery... I wish it wasn't but it is, and I always try and tell the truth in my reviews, regardless of how I like the ink. On good paper, it's perfectly acceptable, and hardly noticeable. If you use cheap paper (at work or at school), the feathering is to much for me to practically use. When I say cheap paper, I mean really cheap paper. This review was written on staples eco-friendly paper, so there's a reference for you.

Bleed through: Again, as with feathering, this ink is not the best choice for cheap papers.

Notes: I do really like the color of this ink, but since I use cheap paper very often, I usually need something with a bit better behavior. For those with good paper - Highly recommended!

So, now onto the scanned images of the actual ink!

As always, questions and comments are more than welcome! They are, in fact, encouraged, as they add to the usefulness of the review.

I would also encourage you to subscribe to my website so you don't miss out on my future reviews!

Regards,

777 - Tyler Dahl

And a swab for your convenience...
:)

Overall this is a lovely ink that I think I'll end up getting more of. I would highly recommend you go out and get a sample vial of this to try out. The color will not disappoint you!

Edited by 777

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RayMan

• shaylenwilliams

• Francis_Rex

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice review, thanks!

This color is VERY close to Caran d'Ache Caribbean Sea, but much more affordable! In fact, when our lovable Goulets did their Mystery Inkdrop, I would've bet money that Marine was the Cd'A. I was very wrong, so I am glad I had not wagered anything but a chance to win a bottle!

"Be who you are and say what you feel; because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

The Poor Connoisseurs

Nice review, thanks!

This color is VERY close to Caran d'Ache Caribbean Sea, but much more affordable! In fact, when our lovable Goulets did their Mystery Inkdrop, I would've bet money that Marine was the Cd'A. I was very wrong, so I am glad I had not wagered anything but a chance to win a bottle!

Yes, I think it is much like the ink you've mentioned. But much cheaper. I always like finding a nice expensive ink, and then buying its cheaper counterpart... :D

Nice ink! Thanks for your review.

You're most welcome! It sure is a nice ink. I'm running low all to quickly... crybaby.gif

Time for a new bottle I guess! bunny01.gif

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

• 2 years later...

thanks for the review.

I just bought a bottle yesterday. I like the blue/green colour.

I am using it with quite wet nib , a Stipula TI and it does seem to feather slightly as you noted above.

thanks for the review.

I tried to look on you website by clicking the link... that doesn't work.unfortunately..

I get an error message....

any advise here I would love to check your website

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)