"strawberry"

USMCMom

This is my first pen review and is, literally, an out-of-the-box review of a custom pen made by one our very own ... John Brady. John calls this particular pen "Strawberry" and while the picture on his website (jebspens.com) shows us a beautiful pen, it hardly does it justice. This is a gorgeous pen! A swirly, marbly red, with darker streaks here and there ... just beautiful!!

fpn_1311801693__strawberry_by_john_brady_1.jpg

I find the size and weight perfect for me, as I prefer larger pens and measuring 6 1/2" capped, this is no tiny little writing instrument. As far as weight is concerned, the "Strawberry" isn't heavy ... just looks like would be. As a matter of fact, I was surprised by how light weight it is, as well as comfortable in my hand. I would compare the size to the Edison Nouveau Premiere Cappuccino, as I'm familiar with that pen.

The nib is a broad, 2-tone, smooth as silk joy to write with!

The filling system is converter or cartridge and John supplies a converter, along with 2 cartridges with his pens.

fpn_1311802159__strawberry_by_john_brady_5.jpg

I'm offering two writing samples ... one done on very cheap notebook paper purchased from Wal-Mart for less than 50 cents and the second sample is done on onion skin paper. Inked with Noodler's Nightshade, the "Strawberry's " nib glides across both papers, leaving a consistent line that is neither too wet nor too dry and a wonderful writing experience. Please don't judge this pen and nib by my poor handwriting, asthat would be so unfair! LOL

All in all, I am very, very impressed with this beautiful pen.

fpn_1311802660__strawberry_by_john_brady_6.jpg

fpn_1311802787__strawberry_by_john_brady_7.jpg

Edited by USMCMom

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMCMom

• watch_art

• PAKMAN

• Yuki Onitsura

Pretty, pretty! And you shouldn't apologize for your handwriting; it's fine: legible, consistent and with a nice bit of flourishing.

Beautiful pen. Congrats and enjoy it. Thanks for the review.

Dave

Thankful for being blessed with a genteel life and wonderful wife

Pretty, pretty! And you shouldn't apologize for your handwriting; it's fine: legible, consistent and with a nice bit of flourishing.

Thank you. I used to have very nice handwriting with a lot more flourish, but ... years of note taking and always having to be in a hurry, ruined that. I'm working on it ... working on slowing down mainly, which is the hardest to do! LOL

Pretty color! And I think your handwriting is very nice.

"We're out of cornflakes. F.U.' It took me three hours to figure out F.U. stood for Felix Unger!"

That is a berry attractive pen. Wonderful colour, congratulations on the new addition.

That is a berry attractive pen. Wonderful colour, congratulations on the new addition.

Thank you so much. It is a berry, berry beautiful pen.

Thank you so much. It is a berry, berry beautiful pen.

Berry nice indeed!

Yuki

http://i54.tinypic.com/16jj9fb.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

Nice pen and great review!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Beautiful pen and very nice handwriting. I especially like your capital T.

I've gotta look at his site. Thanks!

Thank you, so much!

Coveting is supposed to be a sin, isn't it? Damn, looks like I'm going to the hot place then!! Love the pen, love the writing too - thanks for sharing USMCMom!

Calligraphy,” said Plato, “is the physical manifestation of an architecture of the soul.” That being so, mine must be a turf-and-wattle kind of soul, since my handwriting would be disowned by a backward cat’

Dr Stephen Maturin: The Commodore by Patrick O’Brian

Does it post at all, I wonder?

Wellll ... just for you, I'll check ...... no, the cap isn't made to be posted, however, you might ask John about making one that can be.

Coveting is supposed to be a sin, isn't it? Damn, looks like I'm going to the hot place then!! Love the pen, love the writing too - thanks for sharing USMCMom!

Your very welcome ... thank you! As for "hot place" ... I'll see you there! LOL