Getting Out The Word Sale

CLewis

In order to generate some reviews of my work, I'm putting on a sale with a deep (painful, in fact ;) ) discount on my whole range of pens. You can get $150 off of any of my pens providing you promise to post a detailed review with pictures on fountain pen network, or another well established site or blog. The sale will be limited to 50 spots (multiple purchases are fine, provided all pens are reviewed). I will donate $10 to FPN for any detailed reviews posted on the board whether positive or negative.

http://celevipens.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/jbcolossus-002.jpg

I turn my pens on a manually operated lathe from solid rods of metal and ebonite. I only use reclaimed vintage gold nibs. Virtually all of my pens are button fillers, with the odd eyedropper here and there.

There's a $50 non-refundable deposit to reserve your spot. Pens will be made on a first come first serve basis. When your spot comes up, I'll send an email notifying you. You can wait to decide which model you want until your spot comes up. If you can't decide by that time, you will go to the bottom of the wait list. Orders will be made and shipped as quickly as possible, but due to the variety of pens on offer and the differing time needed to complete them, I can't give an estimate for completion of individual orders. Any in-stock pens can be purchased under the terms of the sale.

The vast majority of vintage pens came with fine-ish nibs. Thus the nibs available tend to be finer fines, fines, or broader fines. Next most common (in my experience, and inventory) are extra fines (relatively common actually), mediums (relatively rare), and very very rarely broads, stubs, and italics. The base price of my pens gets you anything from an extra fine to a broader fine-but-not-quite-medium nib. Any other nib width or style will require discussion before you make your reservation. I also have a fair selection of semi-flexible and flexible nibs.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CLewis

• Lloyd

• Brian C

• CatBookMom

I'm afraid I don't make pens with clips at the moment. I haven't been able to design a clip yet which doesn't clash with the pen's simple lines.

Are any of your pens available with clips? I could be interested in a Nox.

I would think the old slip-on clips that were on some pens in the '30s would look complimentary.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

These pens are out of my price level, but I just have to say how incredibly elegant they are. I keep looking at your Nox pens, and the combination of matte black and bronze is terrific. Thanks for the eye candy!

If I had the money right now I'd jump on this!

I'm actually currently using the brass pen pictured in CLewis' first post. I have to say that it's one of my favorites. I'm hoping to do a review some time in the next month or two.

Wow - that Colossus in Brass on your website looks too good to resist.

Out of my price range but definitely something one should save up for. One day, some day....

Salman

Thanks for the comments, everyone. And thanks Lloyd for the slip-on clip suggestion. I do really like some of the old slip on and early riveted style clips. I think that maybe one of the very short, almost military clip or Lady Patricia style, clips might work reasonably well, too.

I would think the old slip-on clips that were on some pens in the '30s would look complimentary.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a pen I just finished for a board member.

http://celevipens.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/triumphnox-001.jpg

Hey that's a great looking pen! Wonder what it would look like with a vintage Swan nib?

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Really good! ;) I'll be making such a pen for another FPN person. I've got a nice flexible Swan #2 with a neat crescent shaped breather hole. The body will be the full sized Nox.

Hey that's a great looking pen! Wonder what it would look like with a vintage Swan nib?

Edited by CLewis

This guessing this sale applies to all ready-made pens? The pens are really nice and though expensive, they are not unreasonable. I'll be looking to add one to my collection.

Please check out my blogshop for fountain pens and inks at http://inkoholicanonymous.blogspot.com/ Reviews of my pens can be found there too!

The sale price applies to all pens with the exception of a few unique pieces I might make during the course of the sale.

Here's something I just finished today. There are some more pictures of this one in the pen making and turning forum. Solid Bronze Button Filler

http://celevipens.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/colossus_os-002.jpg

http://celevipens.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/colossus_os-005.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh!! I don't have the money! =[

The Nox is one of most beautiful pens I have saw O.O! Contrary to others, I love that it don't have a clip. I'm certainly will save some money for one.

“The journey is more important than the destination—that’s part of

life, if you only live for getting to the end, you’re almost always

disappointed.”

Donald E. Knuth