Noodler's V-Mail Midway Blue

Owner of a Lonely Heart

Hey guys, another review here. This one... Not at all positive, so read at your own discretion! ;)

The scan came out a little too bright of a blue, I would say it is darker, and a little green-ish in real life compared to the scan.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Owner of a Lonely Heart

• HDoug

• ticoun

• MrsGouletPens

diluting it with water in 1:1 proportions make it bleed less, shade a tiny bit, and just a tad lighter in color. be sure to blot your feed correctly after refilling, it will be better. i've been using it at school for a few months, undiluted, with a wet fine, and the bleeding hasn't been problematic. if you have a very dry pen, you'll love it .

-Eclipse Flat Top-|-Parker "51" Aero-|-Sheaffer's Snorkel Sentinel-|-Esterbrook SJ-|-Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe TD-|-Sheaffer 330-|-Reform 1745-|-PenUsa Genesis-|-Hero 616-|-Noodler's Flex-|-Schneider Voice-|-TWSBI Vac 700-

I don't know... I am thinking a batch issue? I guess I can try an dilution....

I've found this with a number of batches of Noodler's inks. I think because it's a one man shop the quality control can slip. I don't know if the vendor would replace/refund the purchase but you definitely ought to let them know about this.

Doug

Lazer papers are notorious for bleeding and feathering with fountain pen inks. Some may work OK, but the majority of them are messy. Polar Blue, which I use exclusively at one job, looks exactly like this on copy paper at work (better on some brands or batches than others), but is fine on anything else I write on, even my crappy notebook that forced me to buy Noodler's X-Feather so I could write on both sides of the pages.

Try it on better paper before condemning the ink -- laser printer paper is not designed to handle water base inks in most cases. I know it's inexpensive, but most of it is terrible for fountain pen use. Inkjet paper (uncoated) is much better, and I've gone to using Staples Bagasse for everything now. It's much better paper, except for uneven sizing so that some inks and pens tend to skip (particularly my Waterman Taperite with flex nib and Quink Washable Blue). I wish it was available unlined, but that won't deter me from using it, even for letters.

Peter

Lazer papers are notorious for bleeding and feathering with fountain pen inks. Some may work OK, but the majority of them are messy. Polar Blue, which I use exclusively at one job, looks exactly like this on copy paper at work (better on some brands or batches than others), but is fine on anything else I write on, even my crappy notebook that forced me to buy Noodler's X-Feather so I could write on both sides of the pages.

Try it on better paper before condemning the ink -- laser printer paper is not designed to handle water base inks in most cases. I know it's inexpensive, but most of it is terrible for fountain pen use. Inkjet paper (uncoated) is much better, and I've gone to using Staples Bagasse for everything now. It's much better paper, except for uneven sizing so that some inks and pens tend to skip (particularly my Waterman Taperite with flex nib and Quink Washable Blue). I wish it was available unlined, but that won't deter me from using it, even for letters.

Peter

I made sure to try it on rhodia and the result is even worse :( It bleeds really really bad, and the line width/feathering is even worse. This result on the laser paper was the best result I could get. The stuff even bleeds on claire...

So because I bought it from Goulet, do they have a return policy?

I made sure to try it on rhodia and the result is even worse :( It bleeds really really bad, and the line width/feathering is even worse. This result on the laser paper was the best result I could get. The stuff even bleeds on claire...

We'll work with you! We want you to be happy. Email coming your way. :thumbup:

We'll work with you! We want you to be happy. Email coming your way. :thumbup:

Thank you so much!!!