Mont Blanc Lavender Purple

Owner of a Lonely Heart

Hey guys here is a review of Mont Blanc Lavender Purple. I just picked it up today and I quite like it. The scans came out a little lighter than real life, with the actual colour being a little darker.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Owner of a Lonely Heart

• Nicky

• FloridaMike

• PenTieRun

Word is that this stuff is the same as the old "Montblanc Violet," which is one of my top three inks! It's well behaves and beautiful. You should love its new incarnation as Lavender Purple, though the name is quite misplaced. Thanks for the review.

Nice review. Your observations are consistent with mine: very little shading (fine by me....I prefer highly saturated ink on the page) and works well in finer nibs. It is a beautiful purple ink that behaves very well. The only fault I've noticed is that the ink becomes a bit 'gummy' on the nib if it is unused for a few days. I have the same experience with Montblanc Irish Green, so I'm guessing the formulation is similar.

I would definitely recommend this ink if anyone was to ask me.

Thanks for the review.

Thanks for the compliments!

And since doing this, I have switched the ink over to my Pelikan M200 with a medium nib, with very nice results

Word is that this stuff is the same as the old "Montblanc Violet," which is one of my top three inks! It's well behaves and beautiful. You should love its new incarnation as Lavender Purple, though the name is quite misplaced. Thanks for the review.

That's what it looks like. I wonder whether MB have changed the name because it's actually a purple rather than a violet.

The problem is that it's not really lavander either. I'd call it a berry purple.

But the worst thing Mont Blanc could do is to stop selling it entirely. To be honest I don't really care what they call it. When my cartridges run out, I'll be getting a bottle.

Chris B.

Edited by Ipno Tizer

Honestly I cannot decide decide whether this ink is red or purple when I look at it! MB really got a winner with this one... For me personally, when I cannot decide what to call a colour, it makes it that much more intriguing to use.

I also am really impressed with how this ink looks in my current Leuchtturm 1917 journal with the ivory paper...

It is a nice colour, but if one wants actual lavender, Diamine Lavender is the way to go.

Edited by saintsimon

hmmm never tried any Diamine inks... Maybe a trip to the Goulet sample section ;)

My MB Lavender Purple arrived today!!! Thank you Nate for fabulous service. Can't wait to ink up.

Sheaffer Targa - Parker Penman Sapphire----- Luoshi - Silk Road Green

Twsbi - Noodler's North African Violet-----Lamy Vista - Noodler's Marine Green

WTB Lamy Terracotta and Savannah, Sweden LE, Japan LE

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd273/BrownEyedGirl248/Avatars/InkDrop.jpgMember since 1-28-11

Being my favorite ink for a year now... Have written lots of pages with it, and love it! :thumbup:

fpn_1355507962__snailbadge.png

Received this ink last week, using in a 14k M studio. My experience shows a bit darker and with a bit more shading than the sample, (on Rhodia), but pretty close. Really like to the color and the properties of the ink.

So the writer who breeds more words than he needs,

is making a chore for the reader who reads.

-Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...

Looks lovely. Why are there two swatches that seem to be different shades? I somehow missed the explanation…

If you assume 90% of what I say about the law is either naked self-promotion or zealous advocacy on behalf of my clients, then you'll never be disappointed. @mikewas

ACQUIRED! Levenger Seas/Sheaffer Connaisseur Tasman

Looks lovely. Why are there two swatches that seem to be different shades? I somehow missed the explanation…

Less ink left in the q-tip? I am not really sure ;)

I love this ink. Currently got it in my Dumas (F nib).

My observation with it though is that it looks better with a fatter nib than a thinner one, the reason being you get to appeciate the colour more. On my fine nib it looks a lot darker.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

I bought a bottle of this last week after being assured by the owner of the shop that it was different from MB Violet. It isn't! I now have two bottles of the colour and will probably only use one. Love the colour, though.

Hetty

Thanks for the review. I thought I already asked this (maybe it was somewhere else...)... but to my eyes the swabbing up top looks a lot darker and bluer than the one at the bottom. Or?

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Thanks for the review. I thought I already asked this (maybe it was somewhere else...)... but to my eyes the swabbing up top looks a lot darker and bluer than the one at the bottom. Or?

Mike

As I explained in post #13, I think it may be due to the fact I used the same swab for swab 1 and 2. As a result, there may have been less ink the second time around or I used less pressure on the paper ;)

Mike

As I explained in post #13, I think it may be due to the fact I used the same swab for swab 1 and 2. As a result, there may have been less ink the second time around or I used less pressure on the paper ;)

The perfect demonstration of "YMMV"—sometimes one's own mileage can vary substantially from swab to swab.

If you assume 90% of what I say about the law is either naked self-promotion or zealous advocacy on behalf of my clients, then you'll never be disappointed. @mikewas

ACQUIRED! Levenger Seas/Sheaffer Connaisseur Tasman

...The only fault I've noticed is that the ink becomes a bit 'gummy' on the nib if it is unused for a few days....

Interesting. I've not noticed this but will have to keep an eye out as it is in my favorite pen at the moment and I would NOT like it to get screwed up!

I do like this ink and am not generally a fan of purply kinds of colors.

What else do we have in life if not to help each other?

I have noticed no gunk.... hmmmmm