Photo

Value - Parker Duofold 18K 750, Lamy 2000 ?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 emilgaston

emilgaston

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 May 2011 - 21:55

Hi. Recently I got hold of a brand new Parker Duofold 18k 750 and a Lamy 2000. Both are 100% genuine. What is a reasonable selling price? Both are fountain type with medium nib. Please help, thank you.

Attached Images

• 1.jpg
  • 1.jpg

#2 FPK

FPK

Collectors Item

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 May 2011 - 23:43

Welcome!
If the Lamy is new, $110 is a good price to sell at. What type of Duofold is that? Each type sells for different prices. I would say $380 is OK for a new Standard... But it really depends....

Good Luck,

Will
"Will, you're so diligent-filling that pen with ink every day. How do you have the time? I lose pens like once a day at least!"
-Mr. W.
Latin teacher at my school

Wanted to Buy
:Parker Vaccumatic (good barrel color)in Golden Brown or Blue for $95 (M-F nib)
Pelikan m300 USER in green (F-M nib)for around $100

#3 emilgaston

emilgaston

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:15

Thank you! Both are new. Where is the best place to sell them at?

And how do I find out what type of Duofold it is? Its the one in the picture. Nib says Parker duofold 18k 750. M on the backside.

Attached Images

• 3.jpg
  • 2.jpg

Edited by emilgaston, 17 May 2011 - 07:20.

#4 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,720 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:27

You are not allowed to sell in this forum, let alone link to your own eBay items.

I have therefore removed the eBay link from your post.

Please don't do this again.

Regards, Wim
FPN Admin

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#5 emilgaston

emilgaston

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 May 2011 - 21:08

You are not allowed to sell in this forum, let alone link to your own eBay items.

I have therefore removed the eBay link from your post.

Please don't do this again.

Regards, Wim
FPN Admin

So sorry. My bad. But still looking for opinions on how to find out what parker model I have.

#6 FPK

FPK

Collectors Item

• Away
  • 1,077 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 May 2011 - 21:54

how long is it? compare it next to a ruler...

Good Luck,

Will
"Will, you're so diligent-filling that pen with ink every day. How do you have the time? I lose pens like once a day at least!"
-Mr. W.

Wanted to Buy

#7 kernando

kernando

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 23:10

So sorry. My bad. But still looking for opinions on how to find out what parker model I have.

It's a Duofold. You know that already. It says so on the box and on the cap.

#8 FPK

FPK

Collectors Item

• Away
  • 1,077 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:44

he knows that kernando, he just dind't feel like saying that. I guess it was implied.
-Mr. W.

Wanted to Buy

#9 kernando

kernando

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:15

*facepalm*

#10 emilgaston

emilgaston

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2011 - 15:08

Pen measures 13.7 cm with cap on.

Yes I know its a Duofold. But searching the web for Parker Duofold gives lots of different models and prices.

One more thing. I'm not sure how to find out what nib the Lamy 2000 has? I have dismantled the whole thing without finding any
marking of the size.

#11 FPK

FPK

Collectors Item

• Away
  • 1,077 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2011 - 23:02

Does it say anything in the box?
-Mr. W.

Wanted to Buy

#12 Kimo

Kimo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 15:00

Your Parker is a basic Duofold International in black. The colored Duofolds are worth more, but yours is the plain black one. There is very little gold in the 18K nib, and the clip and other metal parts are gold plated and not solid gold.

Your Lamy is a much more basic pen than your Parker.

You can look up what these sell for at various on-line stores, but you will not be able to get close to that much since you are not an authorized dealer and yours will not have a warranty when you sell them. Put them on Ebay with a starting price of $1 and let the market determine what used examples in good condition are worth. If you put a high starting price or high reserve you will be unlikely to sell them.

#13 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,789 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 17:58

Why not learn to have fun....learn to hold a fountain pen correctly.
Get all sorts of nifty colored inks. There are two toned shading inks, and mono-tone Glow in the Dark Inks.
Some different papers...that makes a huge difference in how the inks write.
Shading Inks write differently depending on the width and flex of the nib, and what paper one is using.

I'd link you to Richard Binder.com but I have a problem in that everything I have on Word shows up here as a broken link.
Perhaps some one link you better.

There is a lot to learn about fountain pens, and Richard's site is the basis of fountain pens. All a bout nibs, filling systems, good advice on inks, and :puddle: :drool: great looking vintage pens...even modern ones.

You can take the money you make from selling the pens and buy a few cases of beer...and have empty beer cans laying around.

Or you can have fun, long term.... :wacko:

Yep, all us here in the mad house are having fun with out paying our fun tax..... :rolleyes:

Due to Mauricio's improved definition of Super-flex, I no longer use the term Easy Full Flex.

Semi-flex is an “almost” flex; not a ‘flex’ nib. It is great for regular writing with a touch of flair. It can give you some fancy; but it is not made for real fancy writing. For bit more of that get a 'flexi'/maxi-semi-flex. Both spread tines 3X.  Those are not "Flex" nibs. 

Odd, how many who should know better, compares Japanese F (which equals EF), with Western F, with out a second thought, but do not compare Japanese B with Western B.

Wider than Normal does not exist. Wider than Japanese does. Every company has it's very own standard + slop/tolerance. Developed from the users of it's pens only; not the users of other companies pens. The size you grind a nib to, is your standard only. Paper and ink matter to nib width. Thank god for 1/2 sizes or it would be boring.