Noodler's Bad Black Moccasin

paperskater

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5148/5724520382_3bc29d3bd5_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2578/5724563456_e28f1db5d9_b.jpg

Decided to take the plunge and finally do an ink review! I linked to two photos, one as a scan and one as a photo. The scan shows that the ink is much darker than it actually is. If you look carefully, BBM has a very very slight greyish tinge to it that J. Herbin Perle Noire does not. Unfortunately, I do not know how to colour-correct scans at this time. So, I hope that the scan and the photo will be more helpful together. That being said, BBM is very similar to Heart of Darkness, nearly identical to my eyes. Perle Noire and Bulletproof Black are more of a blacker black than either BBM and HOD. If you're looking for a very black black that is bulletproof, I'd stick with the standard Bulletproof Black, but I like my blacks with a tinge of grey, so I like the BBM myself.

One thing that I forgot to add in the review is that Bad Black Moccasin is in the bulletproof category.

ETA: The ink comparisons were done with a glass dip pen.

Edited by paperskater

Help out a poor college student! ^-^' INK SAMPLE CLEARANCE! - Parker Penman Sapphire samples, Palomino Blackwing, Palomino Blackwing 602, and empty vials available.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• paperskater

• Surfbits

• pinbs JP

• piscator

Very nicely done paperskater .... :thumbup:

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac65/officer_dread/SnailBadge.png

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac65/officer_dread/knight11.jpg

Poor Knights of Christ

":One thing that I forgot to add in the review is that Bad Black Moccasin is in the bulletproof category"

Ergh...I like to clen up. Oh well...there are no shoirtage of bklack inks.

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

":One thing that I forgot to add in the review is that Bad Black Moccasin is in the bulletproof category"

Ergh...I like to clen up. Oh well...there are no shoirtage of bklack inks.

How do you avoid getting water or other liquids on your writing if you have some much trouble getting ink on yourself?

Excellent review, I'll never be able to write like that though...

Have enjoyed using this as my exclusive black ink for 3 months, a little water thrown in and it works on any paper I have handy.

Another well done review, thank you.

Can you tell me about the Double A paper you used? We seem to have a report here in the forums that there is a bleed-through issue with it. Your review said no bleed through. What was your take on the paper you used?

Take care,

Tim Verpoorten (Surfbits)

http://www.surfbits.com : Blog

http://www.macreviewcast.com : Podcast

Living in Louisiana I don't think I could ever bring myself to use an ink named "Bad Black Moccasin". We have enough of those things crawling around already! Enjoyed the review, though.

Another well done review, thank you.

Can you tell me about the Double A paper you used? We seem to have a report here in the forums that there is a bleed-through issue with it. Your review said no bleed through. What was your take on the paper you used?

There was absolutely no bleed-through at all with this paper and this review. I was going to scan the back of the paper, but I realized it would be a pointless scan.

The Double A paper that I got was from Office Max. I got a box of 5 reams on sale a few months ago. I'll try to take a photo of the box tonight. I really like this paper. It's very smooth without being too heavy or too thick. I haven't used it extensively yet, so I can't really comment on how often bleed-through occurs with various inks at the moment. However, another review that I did with Noodler's St. Patty's Eire highlighting ink exhibited a lot of bleed-through. But, I used the felt-tipped highlighting pen that came with the bottle.

Help out a poor college student! ^-^' INK SAMPLE CLEARANCE! - Parker Penman Sapphire samples, Palomino Blackwing, Palomino Blackwing 602, and empty vials available.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I loved Paperskater's handwriting before everybody.

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

• 2 years later...

I love your organized approach. Still not sure about the ink though.

"Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr