Iroshizuku Kon-Peki - A Very Well Behaved Ink...

Hello folks! Here's my handwritten review of Iroshizuku Kon-Peki. I love the way this ink performs and the color is good too.

The full review with pictures (lots of em') can be found here at my Blog! Please be so kind as to stop by and drop me a comment on my review. It's greatly appreciated...

Smear when dry: NO

Lubrication: Very good

Shading: Not so much, that's one area I think this ink is lacking...

Bleed-through: none on my good paper

thmb.jpg

Edited by 777

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fabrimedeiros

• kuroba

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Very enjoyable review. I really liked your including the pictures, too.

I recently tried a sample vial of KonPeki along with several other Iroshizuku ink samples. I personally found KonPeki to be brighter and lighter than it appeared in your review and a bit turquoise for my taste. I preferred TsuyuKusa for a medium blue and my favorite Iroshizuku remains TsukiYo.

Still, I can see why you like KonPeki so much. And all of these inks are well behaved, a real positive among some nasty actors there.

It surprises me when people continually refer to the higher than average cost for Iroshizuku ink. When you consider how long a bottle of ink lasts, and how much it costs per fill or per page, why skimp on a few dollars to get something that is really great in all respects? My favorite coffee shop has printed on their mugs "life is too short to drink bad coffee" and I think the same applies to ink. In the big picture, we're talking pennies per day to enjoy Iroshizuku instead of settling for something less.

Great review. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Edited by whichwatch

Very enjoyable review. I really liked your including the pictures, too.

I recently tried a sample vial of KonPeki along with several other Iroshizuku ink samples. I personally found KonPeki to be brighter and lighter than it appeared in your review and a bit turquoise for my taste. I preferred TsuyuKusa for a medium blue and my favorite Iroshizuku remains TsukiYo.

Still, I can see why you like KonPeki so much. And all of these inks are well behaved, a real positive among some nasty actors there.

It surprises me when people continually refer to the higher than average cost for Iroshizuku ink. When you consider how long a bottle of ink lasts, and how much it costs per fill or per page, why skimp on a few dollars to get something that is really great in all respects? My favorite coffee shop has printed on their mugs "life is too short to drink bad coffee" and I think the same applies to ink. In the big picture, we're talking pennies per day to enjoy Iroshizuku instead of settling for something less.

Great review. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Quite true, factoring the cost per day it's not very much more. The main reason I buy other inks is their colors. I love some of Noodlers colors and if Iroshizuku made the exact same colors I might buy from them more often... However they don't. They have some nice colors but I'm not a huge fan of most of them...

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the review! You're most correct about life being to short to use bad ink!

I might have to put that quote in my signature line... ninja.gif :D

Regards,

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Great review! I have seen the review on your blog, and I liked it a lot! I haven't try any I Iroshizuku. but it's in my wish ink list.

BTW, I love your 51 with 1.3mm stub. Who did re-tip the nib for you? :puddle:

Best regards,

Fabricio

Great review! I have seen the review on your blog, and I liked it a lot! I haven't try any I Iroshizuku. but it's in my wish ink list.

Best regards,

Fabricio

Glad you liked the review! Greg Minuskins the man! He did the re-tip and he'd love to do yours too!

Regards,

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Thanks for the review, it's very useful. I'm looking forward to get my sample Kon-Peki (can't afford the full bottle yet).

You're most welcome. I'm just glad you found it useful!

Yea, the Iroshizuku inks are way to expensive for me to buy. This one was a gift form a good friend. Normally I just use Noodler's. Cheap and easy ninja.gif

Regards,

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Hi Tyler, great review!

You and I must have been thinking the same thing, because I got a bottle of kon-peki last week and used it immediately in a Sailor Profit 1911 with a music nib stubbed by Mike Masuyama - just awesome shading with that big nib, especially on better paper, like Rhodia. Smooth lines and great color - new to me, but now a go-to ink.

DAVID

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Kon-Peki has become my standard ink (until a new ink fetish takes over ;-)

The bottle is beautiful, but I decant into an MB bottle which I find much friendlier to fill from.

Ken

Hi Tyler, great review!

You and I must have been thinking the same thing, because I got a bottle of kon-peki last week and used it immediately in a Sailor Profit 1911 with a music nib stubbed by Mike Masuyama - just awesome shading with that big nib, especially on better paper, like Rhodia. Smooth lines and great color - new to me, but now a go-to ink.

DAVID

Ooooo! A Sailor with a music nib! Nice pen of choice there David. I'll bet that's a great combo of pen and ink! Both from Japan too!

Masuyama is great. My first stub came from him... cloud9.gif

Kon-Peki has become my standard ink (until a new ink fetish takes over ;-)

The bottle is beautiful, but I decant into an MB bottle which I find much friendlier to fill from.

Ken

Yea, I love the bottle. If I had a desk I would keep it up there...

MB bottles are nice, I must admit. I've only tried 1 MB ink and I didn't like it. To watery and felt so dry in my nib. I'm probably just used to noodlers super-saturated inks...

Regards,

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Best regards,

Fabricio

Glad you liked the review! Greg Minuskins the man! He did the re-tip and he'd love to do yours too!

Regards,

Greg Minuskin, he's who I was thinking. Many people say he's one of the best in re-tipping nibs. I really want to try!

Congratulations!

This is a blue I will want to try. Looks very close to PR Naples Blue, Noodler's Midway Blue and Diamine Asa Blue.

Yes, it is very close to Diamine Asa Blue. It behaves much better though. I always had problems with Asa Blue smearing when dry...

Regards,

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Thanks for the great review! I normally don't like using blue inks very much, but this ink changed my mind! It behaves so beautifully, writes like silk, and is even a pleasing, unique shade of blue. I keep one pen loaded with it at all times now.