Fountain Pen Travel/display Case

notgiven

For the past few weeks, I have been addicted to make these pen cases. I found making this extraordinary relaxing, and now, I have more pen cases than I have fountain pens for them, so I am selling them. They are pretty much priced at cost, with zero labor cost on my part.

The pen case is brand new, and has soft interior and hard exterior. It will protect your pens very well. I customized it, and hand sewn the pen slots, with wide elastic straps. It's easy to see the whole pen with this pen case. It is made for thick pens, but fit small pens as well. It fits 4 good sized pens, regular length, and really thick pens.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i477/notgivenfp/case5.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i477/notgivenfp/case4.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i477/notgivenfp/case3.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i477/notgivenfp/case6.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i477/notgivenfp/case2.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i477/notgivenfp/case1.jpg

Size: 6.25" x 4.25" x 1.25"

Price: $13.50 Canadian preferred, US dollar is OK too. Trades are welcome.

You can put small notebook or stationary items on the other side. To show its capacity, I fit 4 pens and 6 sample ink vials inside. It closed all right. The pens here are Platinum preppy, Lamy Safari, Jinhao 450x, and Waterman Kultur.

I accept PayPal. The items are in Canada. PM me if you are interested. My email is ____@gmail.com. Replace the ____ with mayto dot vancouver.

Shipping, $5.50 for US and Canada, $10 for others. Local pick up in Vancouver area.

Thanks for looking :lol: .

Edited by fuchsiaprincess
As per OP's request

Fountain Pen Travel/display Case out of stock now. Found new materials. People in the wait list will be contacted, slowly. Thank you!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• notgiven

• Maja

• hj1

• tknechtel

Hi

Do you have it in dark gray or black instead of white?

Thanks

Sorry, the case is white only. Maybe more colors in the future, but I don't have the material right now.

Yet another PM being sent. Hope you're not being overwhelmed with orders!

:lol: Very surprise by the numbers of PM. Feel great.

Fountain Pen Travel/display Case out of stock now. Found new materials. People in the wait list will be contacted, slowly. Thank you!

Hi,

I have sent you payment via Paypal. The case looks great and is perfect for my needs.

:thumbup: for being creative.

Many thanks

Helen

Thank you so much for all your interests. It sold like hot cakes :lol: .

I just ran out of pen cases and raw materials to make more. I will go search for more raw materials next week. If you would like to be on the wait list, please PM me, but there is no guarantee that I will find the raw materials that I'm looking for. Thanks again.

Just a small update.

When it comes to selling online, I am very inexperienced. I sold maybe four or five small items on eBay before, but 99.5% of the time, I am the buyer.

So, this is really my first time selling items to multiple buyers online, and I have to say, I made some pretty big beginner's mistakes. Biggest one, I underestimated the international shipping cost. Canada post online gave me a false shipping estimate. When I ship the pen cases out on Tuesday, I found I lose $4 for every international item I shipped (don't worry, all the international items are shipped). No wonder a few international people message me, asking me are you sure the shipping is enough. I want to thank those of you who warned me, I was too dense to get it at the time. Shipping within Canada is also... confusing . I was charged 3 difference prices to ship the same item to 3 different addresses in Ontario, and the highest shipping cost is around 4 times more than the lowest shipping cost.

I also managed to neglect the $1 paypal fee (did not anticipate this much or that it will make an impact) and the package material costs. Because I sell pretty much at cost with $0 labor, it hurts a little. The prices are updated Tuesday night to reflect the actual cost. Lesson learned. At least it's a great lesson for the price.

New pen case materials are acquired. I'm slowly filling the wait list people, which is quite long :lol: . I finish around 2-3 pen cases per day. If the wait list don't get longer, I should have some more pen cases to sell by early next week. I also have a surprise (good kind) coming, but you will need to wait B) .

I would love a couple of these in gray or black.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

+1!! gray or black would be great... Or, have you considered making larger capacity cases? I, for one, would be in the market for a 6 or 12 pen case in this style :)

P.s. Your cat in your avatar pic is ADORABLE!

Currently inked:

Smoke TWSBI 540, F, with Diamine Onyx Black

Pilot Prera, M, with De Atramentis Jules Verne

I, for one would love to own such a case but is it possible to make it without the wording and the logo? Thanks

Heres another vote for a darker colour and minus the 'pacman' logo.......you could be onto a winner if you tweak the design a bit.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

I would love a couple of these in gray or black.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

+1!! gray or black would be great... Or, have you considered making larger capacity cases? I, for one, would be in the market for a 6 or 12 pen case in this style :)

P.s. Your cat in your avatar pic is ADORABLE!

++1!

Very nice work; and a great idea to produce a "hard shell" case.

Agree that Gray or Black would be a nice choice; The "logo" doesn't bother me.

I'll send a PM.

[+1 on the "Adorable" cat pic.]

Thank you :lol: . The white case and 'pacman' logo is already there when I bought it, so cannot change that. I'm amused by the logo anyway. Carrying 6 different inks with me outside of my home, or 4 pens that cost more than what an average person would spend on disposable pens for life are consider crazy by many, but somehow everything is 'under control' :glare: . I think the cases are made for iphone or some other similar electronic, and I transform it into a pen case. It was made sturdy because it was built to protect expensive electronics, and I found the size fit fountain pens great.

May, my case arrived today. What a great, sturdy little pen case! The way it holds the pens and has the padded flap to protect them, the pockets for other things - it's terrific, and such a deal! If you're not careful, you'll be filling orders for this until the cows come home... Many thanks!

Tom

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files