#1 keithklk

keithklk

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 17:16

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could tell me when MB started making the Classique Rollerball Model 163 and if someone could point me in the direction of a good site for history on this model.

Thanks much!

Keith

#2 penparadise

penparadise

- - - - - - - - - - - -

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2011 - 20:01

Come on Keith, a rollerball is only a piece of basic commodity and not a collectible item. I wonder if anybody cares about a "history" or production date of such an item.
Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968
collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

#3 keithklk

keithklk

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 20:54

That's the wonderful thing about a site like ours. Everyone is free to be interested in what they please and respectful of others' choices...

#4 pen jubky

pen jubky

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2011 - 13:47

That's the wonderful thing about a site like ours. Everyone is free to be interested in what they please and respectful of others' choices...

2x.

#5 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,621 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2011 - 14:00

penparadise was a little harsh but this is a fountain pen site (not rollerball) and it is only a basic item which most people will have to complement their fountain pen. I doubt many will care for the history of this pen. And the thread heading was a little misleading. I thought we would have a quiz and not be asked for info.

Edited by BrandonA, 25 April 2011 - 14:02.

My Collection:
Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac & Defoe
Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP
Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP
Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.
Play WE game. or POA game.

#6 penparadise

penparadise

- - - - - - - - - - - -

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2011 - 17:18

penparadise was a little harsh but this is a fountain pen site (not rollerball) and it is only a basic item which most people will have to complement their fountain pen. I doubt many will care for the history of this pen. And the thread heading was a little misleading. I thought we would have a quiz and not be asked for info.

Yes, that was my understanding as well. Sorry if I offended somebody, it wasn't my intension. But a rollerball stays to be a comlementary item.
Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968
collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

#7 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,196 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 20:07

I have The Historical Roller Ball...the very first one, from Parker way back in the 80's.
It's been empty since...too.
In Germany it took ages before the roller ball came in, and I forgot it.

Due to Mauricio's improved definition of Super-flex, I no longer use the term Easy Full Flex.

Semi-flex is an “almost” flex; not a ‘flex’ nib. It is great for regular writing with a touch of flair. It can give you some fancy; but it is not made for real fancy writing. For bit more of that get a 'flexi'/maxi-semi-flex. Both spread tines 3X.  Those are not "Flex" nibs. 

Odd, how many who should know better, compares Japanese F (which equals EF), with Western F, with out a second thought, but do not compare Japanese B with Western B.

Wider than Normal does not exist. Wider than Japanese does. Every company has it's very own standard + slop/tolerance. Developed from the users of it's pens only; not the users of other companies pens. The size you grind a nib to, is your standard only. Paper and ink matter to nib width. Thank god for 1/2 sizes or it would be boring.