Which Is Your Favorite Iroshizuku Ink?

Margana

138 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Iroshizuku ink?

• Ajisai (Hydrangea)
    • Asa-gao (Morning Glory)
    • Fuyu-gaki (Sweet Persimmon)
    • Fuyu-syogun (Winter Frost)
    • Kiri-same (Misty Rain or Autumn Shower)
    • Kon-peki (Deep Ocean Blue)
    • Ku-jaku (Peacock)
    • Momiji (Autumn Leaves)
    • Shin-ryoku (Deep Forest Green)
    • Syo-ro (Pine Tree Dew)
    • Tsuki-yo (Night Sky or Moonlight)
    • Tsukushi Field (Horsetail Brown)
    • Tsutsuji (Azalea)
    • Tsuyu-kusa (Day Flower)
    • Yama Budo (Wild Grapes)
    • Yama-guri (Wild Chestnut Brown)
    • Yu-yake (Sunset)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Margana

• GreenVelvet

• CatBookMom

• silverstar

Kon-peki!

No wait, Kiri-same!

.... Welllll, no, Asa-gao!

Hmmm, maybe Fuyu-syogun...

:headsmack:

Help out a poor college student! ^-^' INK SAMPLE CLEARANCE! - Parker Penman Sapphire samples, Palomino Blackwing, Palomino Blackwing 602, and empty vials available.

Check out Pilot's Iroshizuku color chart if you aren't familiar with the names. Namiki has even more information and a different chart.

Syo-ro (dew on pine trees) and tsuki-yo (moonlight); I voted for syo-ro since that was my first Iro ink.

Check out Pilot's Iroshizuku color chart if you aren't familiar with the names. Namiki has even more information and a different chart.

Syo-ro (dew on pine trees) and tsuki-yo (moonlight); I voted for syo-ro since that was my first Iro ink.

Syo-ro was my first, too. It's currently in a Pilot Custom 742FA that brings out its best properties. :)

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

Syo-ro was my first, too. It's currently in a Pilot Custom 742FA that brings out its best properties. :)

My syo-ro is in my Parker 51, which is nearly the exact color of the wet ink. The combination writes so beautifully... :wub:

I only have Tsuki Yo, Yama Guri and Syo Ro (shouldn't it really be spelled Shyo Ro? That misspelling grates me for some reason). They are my favorite colors and I loke them all, but Tsuki Yo is hands down my favorite! Love the complexity of the color and the shading.

I voted for Fuyu-Syogun but I love them all so far. I plan to ink up a pen with Kon-Peki tonight. And, I have a serious flirtation with Yama-Budo but still I keep returning to Old Man Winter. Ku-Jaku and I had a fling but it's cooled off for now. The only one that hasn't charmed me (yet) is Tsutsu-ji. It screams and I prefer a gentle shout. Tsuki-Yo, Asa-Gao, and Ajisai are all great. Oh, and Tsuyu-Kusa. I really, really like Tsuyu-Kusa.

"The pen is the tongue of the mind." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra Don Quixote

Syo Ro (shouldn't it really be spelled Shyo Ro? That misspelling grates me for some reason)

Aren't they all transliterations of Japanese characters anyway?

Yep, both are okay, both used all the time. And Yama Guri is a beautiful ink, even though I hate eating chestnuts.

Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

I could only vote for one???

Oh well, I picked Ku-jaku {Japanese Peacock}, also known as a Deep Turquoise, one I just recently received in an ink trade.

So far I like every one I've yet to try, so far I like Ku-jaku the best in my pens.

If only I could afford to by them all, I'd be one very happy ink-lover owning the complete collection of these truly exceptional inks!

Then there's the samples I got from an FPN member & good friend:

Tsuki-yo {Moonlight} also referred to as a Japanese Moonlit night sky.

Fuyu-gaki {Japanese Winter Persimmon} my wifes', her favorite ink always filled in her Pelikan M400 White-Honey Tortoise pen.

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

I've only tried five thus far so *for now* it's Tsuki-yo. But I do love Tsukushi, Ku-jaku, and Yama Budo.

I want to try some of the others before too long but don't want to get too crazy about it. I have a lot of Diamine inks I adore as it is and am happy with those as well as a couple of Noodler's inks. So I'm pretty set. Don't really need more inks. Need to decrease my "stuff".

Oh - I'd forgotten I'd tried the Persimmon and the greys. nice enough. The persimmon is nice in my orange Sapporo. Greys didn't thrill me but that does mean I've tried more than five. Asa-gao didn't thrill me either but that's just because I'm not much into the purple-leaning blues.

Edited by KCat

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

It's hard to pick only one. I settled for syo-ro because it was the first one that really got me excited about the Iroshizuku line, but I also love asa-gao, fuyu-gaki, tsuki-yo, yama-guri, and tsukushi.

Difficult decision! It was a toss-up between Ku-jaku and Kiri-same and I voted for Ku-jaku.

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

After years of loathing any shade of pink, I'm deep in a girlie stage of loving fuchsia but I'm really REALLY picky about which shades I like. Light pinks are too little girl for my taste and a lot of things that seem fuchsia end up being too purply. Tsutsuji fits the bill for me, not only because of the color itself but because the ink is so intense.

I use silver stage makeup and after years of trial and error, I've found that most products that claim to be silver are usually a sheer white or grey color with a little bit of glitter - even if they appear to be silver in the package, once they're applied they're not even close. When I finally found one that was Tin Man silver with just one application, I was so excited to have something that looked exactly the same in the box as it did in the application. That's how I feel about the Tsutsuji - this ink looks the same on paper as it does in the bottle and in the sample picture.

Thanks for participating, FPNers!

While I hope many more people will vote, there are some preferences emerging. Tsuki-yo is the ink I guessed would be the top choice. Ku-jaku is one of my happy colors and Asa-gao makes it into my rotation for its compatibility with flex nibs. So I can see why so many of you like them. As often as Yama-budo gets mentioned, I thought it would garner more votes though it is fairing better at an Inkophile poll.

One thing is certain from the results. I ought to buy Kon-peki next time blue ink beckons. Heh, like I need more ink. :rolleyes:

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

Nice to see I'm not alone in my love for fuyu-syogun. I have sampled almost every color, but fuyu-syogun is the only bottle I have purchased so far.

Honorable mention to yu-yake and (of course) tsuki-yo.

Yu-Yake, with Kiri-same a close second.

greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.