#1 davidr1908

davidr1908

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:03

Hello everyone, i have a Sheaffer Desk Set Snorkel but for some reason wont get ink into the pen, any help will be appreciated thank you in advance.
David a1606c8fca4a412cmed pen.jpg

#2 Wyre

Wyre

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:05

Probably going to need a new sac, possibly seals.

There are a lot of people on this forum that can fix that pen right up for you.

Welcome to the forum

Fast, Cheap, Good... you  can choose two. 

#3 Roger W.

Roger W.

Irish Wolfhound

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:06

Like fixing any snorkel and someone has messed with this one before as it has the flat snorkel tube from an open nib pen instead of the slanted tube for the triumph nib.

Roger W.

#4 davidr1908

davidr1908

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2011 - 00:50

Probably going to need a new sac, possibly seals.

There are a lot of people on this forum that can fix that pen right up for you.

Welcome to the forum

Thank you for the tip. David

#5 davidr1908

davidr1908

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:25

Like fixing any snorkel and someone has messed with this one before as it has the flat snorkel tube from an open nib pen instead of the slanted tube for the triumph nib.

Roger W.

Hello, you are right about the snorkel, but this is just a photo that i use to show what type of pen it was, sorry about that, mine does have the slanted snorkel, still i just want to know how to take it apart for repairs, thank you for the reply. David

#6 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• 1,640 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:10

Hi David, I replaced my snorkel (normal pen, not a desk set) perishables way back when, and it's still going strong. Photos here, if you're keen on DIY - it takes a while on the first go. Also, if yours is a valuable one, you might want to splash out and have a professional job done!

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : Jinhao 321 giveaway

#7 davidr1908

davidr1908

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 February 2011 - 13:30

Hello Flounder, and thank you for the great explanation on how to fix the snorkel pen, i think i will give it a try.
David

#8 terim

terim

Collectors Item

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 18:55

Hi David-

I'd start by checking the barrel suction, as the O-rings seem to be the first thing to go on these. Unscrew the barrel from the section and work the touchdown filler against your finger. If you don't feel suction, then the O-ring is the first place to start.

Good luck!
TERI
Teri Morris

Visit the Peyton Street Pens web site.

Sign-up for our newsletter. We only send it out a few times a year, and there's usually a coupon that you can use to save a few dollars on your next order.

Visit our blog .... we try to provide interesting info for the collector and pen user.

We list new pens on the web site daily ....here's a link to the very latest additions.

#9 davidr1908

davidr1908

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2011 - 22:26

Hi David-

I'd start by checking the barrel suction, as the O-rings seem to be the first thing to go on these. Unscrew the barrel from the section and work the touchdown filler against your finger. If you don't feel suction, then the O-ring is the first place to start.

Good luck!
TERI

Hello Teri, thank you for the post, i try that and i don,t feel much suction, but i am afraid to dismantle the pen because i am not an expert, i will like to fix it do. Thank you, kind regards.
David

#10 ticoun

ticoun

Sheaffer & Pentax nut

• Member - Gold

• 1,834 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2011 - 22:49

Hi David-

Good luck!
TERI

Hello Teri, thank you for the post, i try that and i don,t feel much suction, but i am afraid to dismantle the pen because i am not an expert, i will like to fix it do. Thank you, kind regards.
David

changing the O-ring is the easyest part of repairing a snorkel. the hard part is changing the sac and changing the point gasket. just google for "touchdown repair" and you'll have some instructions to change the o-ring.

-Eclipse Flat Top-|-Parker "51" Aero-|-Sheaffer's Snorkel Sentinel-|-Esterbrook SJ-|-Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe TD-|-Sheaffer 330-|-Reform 1745-|-PenUsa Genesis-|-Hero 616-|-Noodler's Flex-|-Schneider Voice-|-TWSBI Vac 700-

Take a look at my DeviantART gallery!