Akkerman Ink From The Netherlands

thoppen

There is a thread of the same name on the Inky thoughts forum. The firm P.W. Akkerman from the Hague in the Netherlands was founded in 1910. To celebrate their 100th aniversary, they introduced their own line of ink, in 30 brilliant colors, in a very beatiful bottle. You can see pictures of both here.

A 150 ml bottle costs € 16,50, which makes these inks in price comparable to Pelikan 4001.

I have tried to write a small review. Since I have no technical knowledge of inks, It is a user's review

I will show the image below.

Edited by thoppen

Best regards, Tim

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• el.Fakir

• thoppen

• Charles Skinner

• WOBentley

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Many thanks for a first look. :thumbup:

I certainly appreciate that your ink of choice was Turquoise.:wub:

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Yes, I wish I knew how to get some here in the States- I really like the look of the Blue-Green and the Night Blue. I'm sure, in due time, at least one or two dealers will begin to stock it. This ink has Fountain Pen Hospital written all over it. ;)

All the best,

Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

• 2 weeks later...

Great review. Thanks! I have to ask my Netherlands colleagues to source me a couple of bottles of the darker colours and bring 'em next time they visit...

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Thanks for the review!

Drying time seems a bit too long...maybe that will vary by individual ink. What type of paper did you use?

Dave

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

Our club just ordered 6 bottles of this ink - a variety of colours so we will try to share some swabs, etc... of them.

We can't wait to get it but unfortunately, it has been very cold and so we are having them wait a bit before they ship it. We have been dealing with Paul Rutte and he has been terrific. In fact, they did not accept Paypal until I suggested to him that would be the best way for us to pay him!

MikeW

"In the land of fountain pens, the one with the sweetest nib reigns supreme!"

Check out the London Pen Club.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the review on the Turquoise! I now have a bottle thanks to an FPN group buy.

Aside from a certain Japanese Ink in a "wild grape" color, it is my hands down favorite.

It is a bit light and it is not what I would call a "masculine" ink, but I like it for what it is.... vibrant with great shading when used with a superflex, 1.1mm stub or music nib.

This very ink inspired a couple of young folks who are getting married to request my help in addressing and personalizing wedding invitations for them.

There is currently yet another Akkermans group buy in the works ( as of today) and I have yet another bottle of Trevese Turquoise on order! :thumbup:

Thanks for the review on the Turquoise! I now have a bottle thanks to an FPN group buy.

Aside from a certain Japanese Ink in a "wild grape" color, it is my hands down favorite.

It is a bit light and it is not what I would call a "masculine" ink, but I like it for what it is.... vibrant with great shading when used with a superflex, 1.1mm stub or music nib.

This very ink inspired a couple of young folks who are getting married to request my help in addressing and personalizing wedding invitations for them.

There is currently yet another Akkermans group buy in the works ( as of today) and I have yet another bottle of Trevese Turquoise on order! :thumbup:

P.W. Akkerman #11 Trêves-Turquoise is my THE favourite ink among fifty and something ink I have at the moment and just for the records; I’m neither a girl nor an ‘effeminate’ man nor have I any inclination to become either a girl or an ‘effeminate’ man. In fact, I’m not far from the gentleman you see in my avatar; hence it’s my avatar :)

What is a ‘masculine’ ink anyway? Black? Blue-Black? (Noooo!!! :wacko:)

I, hereby, protest against the notion that only women can use colourful inks whereas man are supposed to make do on only black and more blackish blues and defend, as a man, my rights to use and like and indeed love #11 Trêves-Turquoise. :happyberet:

:ltcapd:

Regards,

Halid

I’m neither a girl nor an ‘effeminate’ man nor have I any inclination to become either a girl or an ‘effeminate’ man. In fact, I’m not far from the gentleman you see in my avatar[...] :happyberet:

So you are an artist ! :P

I’m neither a girl nor an ‘effeminate’ man nor have I any inclination to become either a girl or an ‘effeminate’ man. In fact, I’m not far from the gentleman you see in my avatar[...] :happyberet:

So you are an artist ! :P

I only wish… :rolleyes:

I may have an artist in my heart but that artist lacks severely any talent. :embarrassed_smile:

Regards,

Halid

Don't worry El-Fakir!

Some people think that a real man should write a spear dipped in the blood of the enemy. :P But I'm 100% man, and I like to write turquoise ink. Real men do not have to prove their masculinity by writing black inks.

regards

Some people think that a real man should write a spear dipped in the blood of the enemy. :P

:ltcapd: :roflmho: :roflmho:

But I'm 100% man, and I like to write turquoise ink. Real men do not have to prove their masculinity by writing black inks.

regards

Exactly, well said!

Regards,

Halid

• 5 years later...

How does this ink compare with the Lamy Turquoise ink? My Lamy bottle is almost empty, and I would like to try another brand, but I did and do like the Lamy. C. S.

Come on, Guy! How does Lamy compare to Akkerman? C. S.

There may not be a reply because the original post was written in 2011 and the other replies are from 2012.

Will work for pens... :unsure: