Happiness is an Indian ED!

#2 Surfbits

Surfbits

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 15:21

You beat me to posting the blog url, thank you majorworks. I would love to hear from anyone that might have tried these new inks and what they think of the Monteverde band in general.
Take care,
Tim Verpoorten (Surfbits)
http://www.surfbits.com : Blog
http://www.macreviewcast.com : Podcast

#3 Sandy1

Sandy1

Minty

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,131 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 15:37

Hi,

At time of writing, three FPN-based Reviews were posted:
From my experience, the manners & performance profile of the inks are well above the norm. The colours are not 'new', (not a colour-drop to be seen), but are appealing.

Considering how Members are generally keen for fresh meat new products, the slow take-up on these seemed passing strange. (I even PM-ed Ann about the absence re being no entries for the inks in her Ink Review Index. S1, "Glitch?" AF, "Not at all, still waiting." And I'm not one to keep Ann waiting.)

Bye,
S1

Edited by Sandy1, 23 January 2011 - 16:21.

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

#4 corniche

corniche

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Location:No one will tell me & I've never been good at geography
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2011 - 15:49

Greetings Surfbits, et al,

I have used Monteverde Blue and Blue-Black; I wrote a review for the latter that you can probably find in the Ink Review section if you scroll down a bit. I purchased the blue-black from Peyton Street Pens and the blue was given to me by a friend here at FPN for a review, (I haven’t written it up yet- I’m still working with it). Sandy1 did a review for the MVb however, and you can probably still find that one if you scroll down a bit.

Both inks have exhibited good flow; shading varies from pen to pen, the blue-black seems to shade a little more than the standard blue, (but don’t hold me to that yet, because I haven’t finished my evaluation of the blue yet). The inks do lean to the dry side; akin to Pelikan 4001, Sailor Jentle, etc. If you like juicy, wet or lubricated inks, Monteverde is not for you. MVb and MVbb both exhibit very good drying times. MVb is a basic royal blue color and MVbb is a gray-toned blue-black.

Hope this helps… albeit a little bit.

All the best,

Sean :)

Edit: Thanks Sandy- the links help.

Edited by S. P. Colfer, 23 January 2011 - 15:51.

Catholicism is the law of life, the life of the intelligence, the solution to all problems.  Catholicism is the Truth and everything that departs from it, one iota, is disorder, deception and error. - Juan D. Cortés

Catholics Come Home.org

#5 RockFL

RockFL

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2011 - 15:59

I have seen small, almost sample-size bottles of Monteverde inks in some stores, for sale alongside their various pens. Anyone know if these are the same inks as those sold in full-size bottles on some websites? I have only seen blue and black in these mini bottles, though.

Not a lot of publicity for these products, that's for sure. Seems like someone at Yafa (the U.S. distributor of Monteverde products) might be asleep at the wheel? The ink is not even available on their own website.

#6 karinh

karinh

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 22:31

I've got the pink, purple and burgundy inks from Monteverde, which I bought from FPN member Teri (through her shop Peyton Street Pens).

I agree with Sandy1 that the inks perform very well. They work well even in pens that I had nearly given up on for being such dry writers that they were annoying.

Colourwise, I need to try them out in some wetter writers before I can really comment on the saturation but even so, I like the three colours I have. The pink is paleish but readable and very pretty. The purple is a fairly bright magenta type of purple and the burgundy is really nice. I think in a wetter pen all three colours would look much better and have better shading. I keep thinking I should do reviews of them but my ink is all packed up (apart from the 'can't live without' stuff) for our big move to Singapore so unless I have lots of spare time reviews aren't a priority right now.
"Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light." - Groucho Marx

#7 rajesh06

rajesh06

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:41

I have been using monteverde turquoise for about 2 weeks now in my pelikan 805.
I am too much of a noob to give a good comparison but I definitely like it. That said
Both the pen and ink are new so I'm not sure which to credit for the positive experience.

#8 corniche

corniche

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Location:No one will tell me & I've never been good at geography
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2011 - 23:35

Greetings all,

(Follow-up)

I've only tried the blue and blue-black; however, I liked the blue, (performance wise). I found the blue-black to be on the dry side; however, it also had fairly good water resistance, so I wouldn't be surprised if it, like me, had a little gall in it. That would explain its dry qualities, which I do not like at all. The blue, however, was much more lubricated and I am assuming so are the other colors in the line-up.

Check out the Ink Review Index; I've written reviews for the blue and blue-black; Sandy1 has written reviews for the blue and the brown and pamsc wrote a review for the violet, (which is really pink IMHO).

All the best,

Sean Posted Image

Edited by S. P. Colfer, 22 February 2011 - 23:39.

Catholicism is the law of life, the life of the intelligence, the solution to all problems.  Catholicism is the Truth and everything that departs from it, one iota, is disorder, deception and error. - Juan D. Cortés

Catholics Come Home.org

#9 Silvermink

Silvermink

Texture Junkie

• Admin Tech.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,501 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2011 - 00:41

We tried a few at the last VPC meeting, though I didn't end up buying any. The burgundy is a nice color, though I think I still prefer Binder Burgundy.
http://twitter.com/silvermink
Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Pilot Elite 95S - M - Pilot Iroshizuku Kiri-same // Parker 21 Super - M - Noodler's Widowmaker // Stipula Modello T FPN LE - Conway Stewart Kingsand // Parker Duofold (Canadian) - F - Diamine Meadow // Delta Via Veneto Doué Elegance - M - Conway Stewart Kingsand