Montblanc Solitaire Geometric Dimensions

Michael R.

Bought this a couple of months ago in London in the second week of October (a few days after the pen was releases):

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Montblanc/MB146Geomtric2.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Montblanc/MB146Geomtric1.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Montblanc/MB146Geomtric4.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/MB146Geomtric5.jpg

Cheers

Michael

Edited by Michael R.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael R.

• Brookzy

• kaisede

• mohanjude

Very nice indeed - don't normally like gold but champagne looks good!

When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.

John Muir

Many thanks for your comments.

The golden tone is very nice; much more subtle like the usual yellow gold.

WOW beautiful !!

The nib looks different, is it still the two tone 18k nib??

thanks,

Andy

The nib is the same as always (shape and engraving) but it is a matching champagne gold single tone nib which adds a lot of elegence to the pen's appereance.

Cheers

Michael

Many thanks for your comments.

The golden tone is very nice; much more subtle like the usual yellow gold.

WOW beautiful !!

The nib looks different, is it still the two tone 18k nib??

thanks,

Andy

The nib is the same as always (shape and engraving) but it is a matching champagne gold single tone nib which adds a lot of elegence to the pen's appereance.

Cheers

Michael

NIce !! Finally MB is putting some effort into fitting a different tone nib on their pens.

thank you again for sharing !!

Andy

Interesting pen indeed, thanks for sharing. My only concern without trying one would be whether the shapes make it less enjoyable to hold than something smoother. Striking pen though.

- The only imaginative fiction being written today is income tax returns -

Could not resist and went and bought the pen from the Montblanc boutique. Pen looks very nice and the geometric shapes are much more beautiful to touch and look at than in the pictures. I also prefer the Legrand size as they also have the smaller Doue in Classic size which is cheaper.

Awaiting a nib exchange to OBB - I did ask if the nib could be exchanged at the repair centre or if it had to go back to Hamburgh . Staff are confident although it is a single tone champagne nib it will be dealt with in London. Lets wait and see.

The MOP complements the pen. I also spied the accompanying cuff links - 2 differnet sets. One looks a bit bulky and the smaller one looks typical montblanc cufflinks

Mohan

Edited by mohanjude

Different looking to say the least. Would like to see & hold one before I pass judgement though. Does look well in the pictures.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Could not resist and went and bought the pen from the Montblanc boutique. Pen looks very nice and the geometric shapes are much more beautiful to touch and look at than in the pictures. I also prefer the Legrand size as they also have the smaller Doue in Classic size which is cheaper.

Awaiting a nib exchange to OBB - I did ask if the nib could be exchanged at the repair centre or if it had to go back to Hamburgh . Staff are confident although it is a single tone champagne nib it will be dealt with in London. Lets wait and see.

The MOP complements the pen. I also spied the accompanying cuff links - 2 differnet sets. One looks a bit bulky and the smaller one looks typical montblanc cufflinks

Mohan

Congratulations on your new pen! Let us know how you will like the OBB nib.

By the way, finally this model is listed on the MB website BUT the image shows a pen with an additional gold ring at the end of the gripping section!

All the models I have seen did not have this decorative pen and I'm glad this ring did not make it into regular production. I just had one of those rings replaced on my Czar Nicolai I due to plating loss after c. 5 years of careful use.

Cheers

Michael

Different looking to say the least. Would like to see & hold one before I pass judgement though. Does look well in the pictures.

You really should hold & see in real life! ...I did not like it from preview and catalog pictures but loved it from the first moment after seein it in real life. Also the MOP-star adds a lot of subtle elegance which does not show well on photograps either.

Michael

• 2 months later...

I've just bought this pen from FPH and am awaiting delivery. I've loved it ever since first seeing it in Harrods!

You bought your pen from FPH - ie Fountain pen Hospital in the US? May I ask if you got a much better price that the Montblanc boutique in the UK ? If this is the case I will start looking at FPH - I assume that VAT and import taxes will apply to the prices from FPH when the package arrives in the UK but still make it more competetive to buy from the USA?

• 3 weeks later...

Bought this a couple of months ago in London in the second week of October (a few days after the pen was releases):

I know it is rather rude asking - but can you remember the list price?

I can't find the UK price anywhere - and the Fountain Pen Hospital price isn't much help since there is import duty, VAT etc.

Many thanks.

MB Starwalker Black Resin BP • MB Starwalker Black Mystery RB • MB Starwalker Black Mystery FP (M)

MB Meisterstück Diamond Classique FP (M) • MB Starwalker 100 Years SE FP (M)

MB John Lennon FP (M) • MB Meisterstück Geometric Dimension FP (BB)

MB Carlo Collodi WE FP (M)

Design is not just what it looks and feels like. Design is how it works! — Steve Jobs

I can't find the UK price anywhere - and the Fountain Pen Hospital price isn't much help since there is import duty, VAT etc.

Many thanks.

I've paid 1120,24 Euro at the London boutique (I was able to pay in Euro with my credit card) which was something around 970-980 pounds back then.

Cheers

Michael

Edited by Michael R.

Many thanks.

I've paid 1120,24 Euro at the London boutique (I was able to pay in Euro with my credit card) which was something around 970-980 pounds back then.

Cheers

Michael

Thanks! If you were leaving the country, did that mean you got VAT off?

MB Starwalker Black Resin BP • MB Starwalker Black Mystery RB • MB Starwalker Black Mystery FP (M)

Design is not just what it looks and feels like. Design is how it works! — Steve Jobs

...not when leaving just inside EU :mellow:

Michael

Michael

Hmm, strange. I though that when you are leaving the country and have proof of living elsewhere you are either charged no tax, or just the tax from your resident country.

Michael

Hmm, strange. I though that when you are leaving the country and have proof of living elsewhere you are either charged no tax, or just the tax from your resident country.

I think the big difference is being a EU or non-EU citizen.

Michael