My New Edison Morgan!

tonybelding

My new Edison Morgan arrived this morning. Woohoo! :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

I'm sure I'll do a review on it after I've given it a good wringing out. Right now I just want to toss out my first impression of WOW WHAT A PEN!

This is my second Edison, the first one was a Glenmont that I had custom made to my specifications. And although it's been wonderful, this Morgan to me is even better. I spotted this one on the Edison inventory page (it was already made) and loved the look. Little did I realize how much more lustrous it is in sunlight, which the photos can't capture. (The Glenmont had fooled me that way too.)

Although a very large pen, and actually a smidge longer than the Glenmont, it's slimmer and a bit easier to squeeze into a carry pouch. Not that I see this as being a pen to carry around and subject to daily abuse. . . I figure it more as a pen to keep around the desk and pull out for letter writing and special notes.

The nib has a bit of history. I originally bought a Taccia Merit with the broad nib, planning to have it stubbed. I sent it to Pendemonium where they did a great job in a short time for little money. To me the result is a perfect fine stub -- fine enough and smooth enough for everyday writing, yet wide enough to give my handwriting that flair I was looking for. It's an IPG nib which also happens to be the same size and make as the ones Brian uses. So. . . Not that there was anything wrong with the Taccia (they are surprisingly well made pens for the money), but I thought this especially nice customized nib deserved an even better home. I sent the Merit to Brian and he swapped the nib into the Morgan, and he supplied a new medium nib to the Taccia (which I haven't even tried yet).

So. . . Even though this Morgan isn't a custom-made pen, it's got a custom nib and represents the kind of personalized service you can expect from Edison. I can't speak highly enough. :thumbup:

Now photos. . . (beware, they are large)

http://zobeid.zapto.org/image/pens/morgan_bedrock_flake_1.jpeg

http://zobeid.zapto.org/image/pens/morgan_bedrock_flake_2.jpeg

http://zobeid.zapto.org/image/pens/morgan_bedrock_flake_3.jpeg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tonybelding

• razr

• mholve

• ArchiMark

Top Posters In This Topic

That is GORGEOUS! I would love to try out an Edison pen, but I want to go to a pen show to see them in person; I'm afraid the shoulder step would bother my grip.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Congratz on that handsome looking pen, Tony!

How do you like the bulb filler?

:thumbup:

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

How do you like the bulb filler?

I like the bulb-filler very much. This is my third bulb-filler after the Glenmont and a New Postal Jr. I find they are easy to fill, hold a lot of ink, and you can see the ink sloshing around inside. The Edisons are especially nice because you can still undo the section from the barrel just like a regular C/C or eyedropper version, which makes cleaning the pen quick and easy.

If the bulb ever somehow became damaged, it should be easy to replace -- and until it's replaced the pen would still work as an eyedropper filler.

My only qualm is that the large ink reservoir can, under some circumstances, undergo air expansion and deliver a surge of ink. It's the same phenomenon that eyedropper pens are known for. The supplied feed is pretty good at controlling the ink flow, and I've only seen this happen about once with my Glenmont thus far.

That is a really nice looking pen. Congrats. What is the name of the body/cap material?

Bedrock flake acrylic.

Very nice acquisition, Tony! The Bedrock Flake acrylic is very classy.

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

That's seriously lovely Tony - I'm really envious!

And out of interest, I just looked at the inventory page - there are some fabulous looking pens there. One day....... :crybaby:

Edited by Aysedasi

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

that's a darn lovely pen, but is it comfortable to hold? the step from the barrel tot he section looks HUGE, but it seems that the section is far enough away to not be too big of a deal

Beautiful pen! Thanks for posting pics. Can you post this pen?

It does post. It's pretty long when posted, about seven inches, but the cap is lightweight so it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Beautiful pen! Thanks for posting pics. Can you post this pen?

It does post. It's pretty long when posted, about seven inches, but the cap is lightweight so it doesn't seem to cause any problems.