• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• cooltouch

• georges zaslavsky

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats. awesome pen! your handwriting is getting better too...hehehe!!! i like the pic of the pen hitting the floor :thumbup:

Hey watchart, if this pen is the same one as the one in the videos and photos, I have one just like it, except brown striated instead of green. I bought it probably 12 or 13 years ago and was surprised to find that the vac fill still worked (and it still does work 12 or 13 years later). But unfortunately, mine's nib was damaged at the very tip. So I just ground it down to a stub nib and polished it up, and it's a very smooth writer now. One of my favorites.

I also admire your art work. Heh, the main reason why I found this site was a result of doing some web research on various nib styles for pen-and-ink drawing. Which is something I just dabble with, but I'd like to improve my technique. And seeing how you've done your drawings has actually been very helpful already. I've already tried out a couple of your hatching techniques, and like the effects. B)

I also like that you actually write your posts. Dunno if I'll try that though with my scrawl. Besides, I type faster than I can write anyway . . .

Michael

Hey cooltouch! Thanks for the compliments! I really appreciate it.

I like written posts quite a bit too, but only pen or ink reviews. Don't worry about your scrawl, if you go back to my first reviews, they're pretty hard to read. I"ve gotten better at it as time has gone by.

Shame that your nib was bent when you got it. I bet you could find a donor rather easily on ebay. If you ever do that just shoot out a post about fixing it up and I'll be glad to help you out or walk you through it.

take care!!

Thanks for the offer, and I might just take you up on it. I have a pretty big stash of pens that need work of one sort or another, several of which are old Sheaffer's. Actually, as I recall the nib wasn't bent. I can usually straighten bent nibs without too much difficulty. No, I'm pretty sure my pen's nib had a broken tine. I'm having to rely on 12 to 13 year old memories here, but as I recall, I paid next to nothing for the pen because it was damaged, and ground down the nib since I didn't have anything to lose really. I was experimenting with nib alterations and "improvements" with cheap school pens already, so I figured I'd give it a go with a pen that had a quality nib. The results were encouraging.

Michael

very nice review thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time