Diamine Sherwood Green

Will

I've been looking for a great dark green ink for ages. Have tried loads of others (including most Diamine, Stipula Calamo, Noodler's El Lawrence and Caran d'ache Amazon) and this just works best for me. Its well behaved even on paper that is less than great (works well in my Sainsbury's A5 book).

It's a lovely dark green and even darker in the Conway Stewart pen.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/5166650229_17797c8468.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1209/5167251254_92077d200c.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Will

• GeeTee

• lapis

• hoyateach

I've been looking for a great dark green ink for ages. Have tried loads of others (including most Diamine, Stipula Calamo, Noodler's El Lawrence and Caran d'ache Amazon) and this just works best for me. Its well behaved even on paper that is less than great (works well in my Sainsbury's A5 book).

It's a lovely dark green and even darker in the Conway Stewart pen.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/5166650229_17797c8468.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1209/5167251254_92077d200c.jpg

A lovely review. I'm considering another Diamine green ink after trying Delamere and Green-Black. I like them both but I'm still seeking The One. I may give this one a try.

I'm a regular patron of The Barrel and the Nib. Pull up a stool, order a good ink, and make yourself at home.

Thanks for the review. I love this ink. It's been my daily work ink for some months now. Nobody seems to notice it's green :)

I like it better than Diamine green black (or is it black green). Well behaved even in my moleskine notebook.

Thanks for the review! I really like this green... very subtle...Darker than Amazon, lighter than Ebony Green, more in the direction of White Forest. Papers make a big difference here, IMO.

MIke

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I had trouble having this ink look like anything but black (will have to try it in different pens and with different paper). But when I diluted it 1:1, it made a good solid green with excellent flow and performance in my Parker 51. I'll also try it at lesser dilution levels to see if I can't hit that "spot" that is a dark dusky green. Diamine Green Black is pretty much like that (for me) straight out of the bottle.

I had trouble having this ink look like anything but black (will have to try it in different pens and with different paper). But when I diluted it 1:1, it made a good solid green with excellent flow and performance in my Parker 51. I'll also try it at lesser dilution levels to see if I can't hit that "spot" that is a dark dusky green. Diamine Green Black is pretty much like that (for me) straight out of the bottle.

+1 for 'looking like black'. Mind you, this is in a very wet broad Skyline - I haven't tried it in a drier or finer-nibbed pen yet.

Very interesting.. dark greens are something I've been looking at. :thumbup:

It's a shame that most super dark inks have long drying times.. but that's why they're so dark!

I do think that the nib width makes a whole lot of difference. I found that, as seemingly usual, a fine nib gives a darker colour. It's certainly my turn to green ink now. Like many I have tried soooo many different greens. This is finally one I don't think about in terms of do I really like it. Obviously we are all different but the urge for me has ceased! - well at least for now!!:roflmho:

• 4 weeks later...

Please, have you compared it with Diamine Evergreen? The Glenn's Pens page on Diamine greens makes it sound very similar as an almost-black green.

I like the colour but it seems to be pretty dry, but I haven't tried it in my TWSBI yet, guess we will see :)

Thanks for the review. This ink looks like a shade of green I may like. Here is another ink to add to my list. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up a bottle of this from Goulet Pens (excellent service -- they actually processed my order today and emailed to ask if I'd like to combine with an earlier order to save on shipping). I'm very excited. I have some J Herbin Perle Noire and love it, but I'm realizing that I just don't like writing with black ink if I can help it. It's so boring and colorless. :P (That said, Perle Noire is a gorgeous, dark, staring-into-the-cosmos inky black.)

I'm really looking forward to trying this as an "almost-black" substitute. I'm also digging the price for 90 mL, especially after the last two ink purchases I made were Iroshizuku ...