Top Posters In This Topic

• Alexandra

• SamCapote

• pen2paper

• Tumbleweedtoo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Thank-you very much for taking the time & effort to post an IR of this ink. :thumbup:

With all the hoopla, its good to see a straight-ahead written sample.

I agree that your sample shows a hint of 'teal' to the ink; but I think that animates the ink and gives it character. ErHmm : a pure Blue, as those used in the graphic arts, may be without complexity - hence without interest: flat & cartoon-ish. Such simple colours are often seen in TV commercials, because they are eye-catching. True Blue is not so simple, so should hold one's attention without being distracting. I like to think that the reader/s of what I write aren't only interested in the ink I use. (?)

Do we need another Blue ink? Sure, why not.

But with the leisurely dry time and the so-so water resistance, there is room for improvement. Certainly not deal-breakers IMHO.

So, how would you describe the writing experience?

Is there some feathering? or is the line just showing its pixels?

But no apparent shading!! Eeek!!

Your hand writing is so very attractive - you could use any ink, and it would appear to be absolutely wonderful!

Bye,

Sandy1

(No wonder FPN won't let me Post - I do not have a fair hand.)

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Thank you for the review, Alexandra, beautiful handwriting. I second Sandy1's words, you could use any ink and make it look attractive. Written reviews with different pens/nibs are always so useful and nicer to read. Thanks for taking the time.

Hi,

Thank-you very much for taking the time & effort to post an IR of this ink. :thumbup:

With all the hoopla, its good to see a straight-ahead written sample.

I agree that your sample shows a hint of 'teal' to the ink; but I think that animates the ink and gives it character. ErHmm : a pure Blue, as those used in the graphic arts, may be without complexity - hence without interest: flat & cartoon-ish. Such simple colours are often seen in TV commercials, because they are eye-catching. True Blue is not so simple, so should hold one's attention without being distracting. I like to think that the reader/s of what I write aren't only interested in the ink I use. (?)

Do we need another Blue ink? Sure, why not.

But with the leisurely dry time and the so-so water resistance, there is room for improvement. Certainly not deal-breakers IMHO.

So, how would you describe the writing experience?

Is there some feathering? or is the line just showing its pixels?

But no apparent shading!! Eeek!!

Your hand writing is so very attractive - you could use any ink, and it would appear to be absolutely wonderful!

Bye,

Sandy1

(No wonder FPN won't let me Post - I do not have a fair hand.)

The writing experience is ideal, by which I mean very smooth. It's a pleasurable ink to use as well as to look at. The only draw back is the slow dry time but isn't slowing down one appeal to fountain pens anyway? There's no feathering with this ink on Apica paper or Exacompta. I have not tried it on others.

www.lettermatters.com

P.O. Box 196 Kingsburg, CA 93631

Wonderful handwriting. I wondered whether you can keep up the flow easily as you use the flex with this ink.

Thanks.

Quan el centre del món no ets ben bé tu (per més que en tinguis la il·lusió),

si et desvetllaven enmig de la nit, no vulguis preguntar-te per què vius:

distreu-te rosegant l'ungla d'un dit. [I beg your pardon, Salvador Espriu]

Thank you for this great review! Your handwriting is just beautiful, by the way!!

Warm regards,

Lynne

The search for the perfect blue ink is a delicious and endless quest...

That's a beautiful shade of blue. Thank you for taking the time to write and post the review. Can you ever have too many inks?

"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars" ~Henry Van Dyke

Trying to rescue and restore all the beautiful Esties to their purpose.

Nice fuel. Was the paper pink?

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right

to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers,

and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:14-15

Wonderful handwriting. I wondered whether you can keep up the flow easily as you use the flex with this ink.

Thanks.

The flow is fantastic with the flex nib. I'll see how it stands the test of time and experience but expectations are high for this ink's performance.

www.lettermatters.com

The paper is white but often looks tinted when I scan it. The colors on my monitor look true though with the exception of Ottoman Azure which looks a tad bit too green.

www.lettermatters.com

The paper is white but often looks tinted when I scan it. The colors on my monitor look true though with the exception of Ottoman Azure which looks a tad bit too green.

Does your review paper above appear white to you on your monitor? Just to give you feedback, your scan paper on my monitor is a slightly darker pink color than the pink cotton candy inside the edges (not including the "g" letter) of this icon. :cloud9:

I'm kind of asking because you wondering in my Everflow Lineup thread if TB looked like teal.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Does your review paper above appear white to you on your monitor? Just to give you feedback, your scan paper on my monitor is a slightly darker pink color than the pink cotton candy inside the edges (not including the "g" letter) of this icon. :cloud9:

I'm kind of asking because you wondering in my Everflow Lineup thread if TB looked like teal.

Teal? Really? So does mine! Cotton candy pink Apica....might be kind of fun. I can only find Apica in boring white though. Surely it must be your monitor. :hmm1:

www.lettermatters.com

paper is distinctly pink here also

Really? As in cotton candy pink? I only see it as a slight pink tint. The ink colors are probably off too if the paper is THAT pink. Sorry about that.

www.lettermatters.com

First, Thank you for the excellent review!

Second, I also see the paper as pink. Not bright cotton candy pink, but more like a strong dusty rose pink.

Teal? Really? So does mine! Cotton candy pink Apica....might be kind of fun. I can only find Apica in boring white though. Surely it must be your monitor. :hmm1:

No, I don't see it as Teal, but I was trying to figure out how you saw my review image in that link as teal, and asked me about it. If you think your image is white, here is what I am seeing.

I saved your image, and the cotton candy/cloud icon I mentioned, and pasted it on top of your image, as well as pasting a pure white bar. Your scan had a gradation of darker pink on the sides, and lighter pink in the middle. RGB samplings of just the paper from your image has Red ranging from 170-245, Green ranging from 175 to 250, Blue 170-230.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/Inks/pink.jpg

No, I don't see it as Teal, but I was trying to figure out how you saw my review image in that link as teal, and asked me about it. If you think your image is white, here is what I am seeing.

I saved your image, and the cotton candy/cloud icon I mentioned, and pasted it on top of your image, as well as pasting a pure white bar. Your scan had a gradation of darker pink on the sides, and lighter pink in the middle. RGB samplings of just the paper from your image has Red ranging from 170-245, Green ranging from 175 to 250, Blue 170-230.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/Inks/pink.jpg

Okay, so it's pink. I'm sure it's because of my rosy personality. :lol:

www.lettermatters.com

Okay, so it's pink. I'm sure it's because of my rosy personality. :lol:

No doubt about your being exceptionally kind and considerate. :wub:

I never meant to ask in a rude manner, I was just puzzled why you asked if my TB image looked like teal. I was thinking maybe if you see your image as mostly white, that would explain that your monitor/scanner is not showing actual colors....and you may not realize.

I think this is where the expression: "Seeing the world through rose colored glasses" must have come from. :eureka: :bunny01: :P