Delta Titanio

stevlight

I have been thinking about a titanium nib ever since I saw Stipula made the Model T an eyedropper--well I did not get the Model T--I got the impressive Delta Titanio and could not be happier.I like bigger pens so the Delta was a better fit.

The Nib--The flex from the titanium nib is as good as some of my vintage flex and almost as good as my Edison 14K flex from Brian. This is straight out of the box!! Amazing--I have not stopped drawing with it since I got it on Monday. This is much better flex then a Namiki Falcon or Pilot 742 with falcon nib. Gives my Waterman 52 a run for its money!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4085/5038841039_5549beb653.jpg

Size--It is a pretty good size big pen. Almost the same in girth as the Mb 149. Not too heavy but not a light weight pen either. It is as comfortable as the MB 149 which is for me the most perfect sized pen.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4090/5038924367_d834e9b432.jpg

Delta Titanio, Pelikan M805, Mb 149, Edison Herald Grande

Styling--it is a nice modern looking pen not flashy at all which I love. The clip is spring loaded and very nice and secure in the shirt pocket.

Filling-- This the standard CC filler{ I do not like convertors they do not hold enough ink for me when drawing}--The CCfilling was the only thing that was slowing me down from buying this pen--I kept thinking --"could this be an eydropper conversion?" YES! I did make it an eyedropper! I just added some silcone to the threads of the section and filled it with about 5ml of ink. I obviously tested the barrel first by filling it with ink--no leaks. It has only been a day as an eyedropper but so far no leaks--yeah! I used the convertor at first thinking I would not mind it but had to fill the pen everyday!

Price--It is a little pricey for a CC filling pen in my opinion but I went to ART BROWN This is the store that sold me my first pen when I was an art student and had NOTHING. Mrs. Brown asked me my budget and what I wanted the pen for and took so much time with me--she is wonderful. She has a customer for life. Art Brown is a great NY store that I feel proud to support. Mrs. Brown gave me a returning customer discount that I could not refuse--just a great retail experience. The pen is worth every penny I spent--i did not even take the box home just carried the pen out in my pocket with the biggest smile.

For modern flex this is going to be my recommendation to all artists who ask me--I am very happy.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4092/5039462216_c5366bd9cd.jpg

Edited by stevlight

www.stevelightart.com

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevlight

• ethernautrix

• Faulkner

• The Royal Pen

Thank you, this is very interesting. I sought a second opinion and here (in Spanish) they concur with you in that the nib is remarkably flexible:

http://soloplumas.blogspot.com/2010/05/edicion-numerada-delta-titanio-numbered.html

I didn't know that such a modern pen existed, thanks again.

I'm a user, baby.

We love what we do not possess. Plato, probably about pens.

totally unexpected!

I agree --One other thing I forgot to mention--I did work on the feed a little bit--Just widened the channel a little bit. I do this with most of my pens. The Delta took alot less tinkering then any other pen--one time of removing the feed and widening the feed channel and it is perfection. I was getting a little bit of railroading before that and now none as you can see in the above photos.

Edited by stevlight

www.stevelightart.com

Ruh roh... "Down, covetousness, down!"

*Activating Nakaya Shield*

(Oh man, though... I've glimpsed this pen before and managed not to be this tempted. Now you've done it, Steve. Argh.) That is a real beauty, too. Me, I wouldn't care so much about the flex, but to have that option, you know... cos I've tried other titanium nibs, and I'm definitely interested.

Oh, how the coveting grows...

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Hmmm... can't find this on the Art Brown website

I bought the only one in the store! Either they were seeing how they sold or they sold out before they could get them on the site.--Just call 800-772-PENS if you you want to buy from them.

www.stevelightart.com

:roflmho::roflmho::roflmho:

I'm a user, baby.

We love what we do not possess. Plato, probably about pens.

Oh, how the coveting grows...

And here I am coveting your Nakayas!!!

Ha ha ha! Probably the Piccolo and Negoro (and, soon, Mini Decapod) are too small, considering you prefer the 149 size. But the Desk Pen? I'd bet that would be comfortable -- the balance is amazing.

By the way, stop making me look at the Delta Titanio!

I'm kidding. You can do it. I like looking at the Delta Titanio.

*Budget juggling in the background* - heh.

etherX in To Miasto

:roflmho::roflmho::roflmho:

Hee.

There's a chink in the Shield! What I need is the turbo button, the one that worked for the Millennium Falcon.

etherX in To Miasto

Bryant has these in stock if anyone's interested. I found an old post of his where he had them up for $250.00 but sadly he can't get them at that price anymore :crybaby:

I'd be interested to know what the OP paid...

Currently Inked:

Montegrappa Extra 1930 Shiny Lines "Dove" L.E. (05/80) - Montblanc Permanent Grey (90yr Anniversary)

Pineider Arco - Monteverde Scotch Brown

Montblanc Rouge et Noir - Montblanc Bleu Nuit

Montblanc Meisterstuck Ultra Black - Pilot Iroshizuku Take-Sumi

Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age Maxi - J. Herbin Lie de Thé

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.png

I have this pen (from Bryant), but have not gotten around to review it. I'm amazed at the flex that the OP has obtained and at his guts to have gone for it. I never pushed the nib nearly that far, since titanium is difficult to reshape if it deforms. Even so, I really like the pen. It's a sleek modern shape and comfortable to hold. The medium nib I had first was no great writer, but the fine I have now is very nice.

Edited by jbn10161

JN

I'm amazed at the flex that the OP has obtained and at his guts to have gone for it. I never pushed the nib nearly that far, since titanium is difficult to reshape if it deforms.

I've sprung nibs before --just ask Richard Binder but life is to short to worry about it--it is preforming fine so far.

I'd be interested to know what the OP paid...

More then that but not too much more--like I said i wanted to support Art Brown.

www.stevelightart.com