Is There Any Ballpoint Refill That Fits The Meisterstück Le Grand Rollerball?

pen jubky

I was wondering if there is a ballpoint refill of any brand, not just Montblanc; that fits inside the Meisterstück Le Grand Rollerball (162).

Thank you in advance for helping me with this.

Edited by pen jubky

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pen jubky

• elysee

• suhao

• meiers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think you'll find one. Are you aware that a Fineliner will fit?

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Of that i am aware; but i was wondering if a BP refill would fit also.

Montblanc makes a small extender that fits/snaps into the end of the Montblanc ballpoint refill so that it will fit into Montblanc rollerballs as well as in other rollerball pens. Visit your Montblanc Boutique or your local pen shop. Be careful, not all pen shop owners/workers know about the extenders -- the good ones do.

I was wondering if there is a ballpoint refill of any brand, not just Montblanc; that fits inside the Meisterstück Le Grand Rollerball (162).

NO, only the Le Grand Rollerball fits this pen. NOT the fineliner for Le Grand. (I work for Montblanc)

Once you get the Montblanc ballpoint extender, you can use it with the Monteverde gel ink refills for Montblanc ballpoint pens; you will need to push hard to get the extender to snap into the end of the refill but it will, eventually. The Monteverde gel ink refills for Montblanc ballpoint pens come in two sizes, broad and medium/fine, and these refills are much better than the Montblanc rollerball refills.

NO, only the Le Grand Rollerball fits this pen. NOT the fineliner for Le Grand. (I work for Montblanc)

Really :bunny01:

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Montblanc makes a small extender that fits/snaps into the end of the Montblanc ballpoint refill so that it will fit into Montblanc rollerballs as well as in other rollerball pens. Visit your Montblanc Boutique or your local pen shop. Be careful, not all pen shop owners/workers know about the extenders -- the good ones do.

Can anyone confirm this; and if so; does this extender fit on le grand refills?

Can anyone confirm this; and if so; does this extender fit on le grand refills?

No, it does not!

Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968. Former owner of the Montblanc Boutique Bremen, retired 2007 and sold it.
Collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

I agree with Axel on this point.

I see no way of making a ball point pen refill compatible with a roller ball pen.

Matt

Once you get the Montblanc ballpoint extender, you can use it with the Monteverde gel ink refills for Montblanc ballpoint pens; you will need to push hard to get the extender to snap into the end of the refill but it will, eventually. The Monteverde gel ink refills for Montblanc ballpoint pens come in two sizes, broad and medium/fine, and these refills are much better than the Montblanc rollerball refills.

Would you be able to show us? I am thinking of some photos.

Thank you,

Matt

Would you be able to show us? I am thinking of some photos.

With the extender, the refill becomes 4 3/8 inches in length, the same length as the rollerball refill.

The refill does not need to be screwed into the end of the pen since the stem of the refill is narrower than the threaded opening through which it must pass in the "nib" end of the pen. In addition to using the ballpoint with extender in my assorted other rollerball pens, I use them in my Montblanc Noblesse rollerball pens. With a little Scotch tape wrapped arougn the stem of the refill in the right location to create the necessary ridge to match the Montblanc rollerball refill (seel pictures in my posting, #10, in the "Montblanc Refill Adaptor" topic), I use Cross Gel Ink refills in my Montblanc Nobless rollerball pens too. Since the stem of the Cross Gel ink refill is narrower than the stem of the Montblanc rollerball refill just like the stem of the Montblanc rollerball refill, there is no problem with needing to screw the refill into the "nib" end of the pen.

I have included pictures of the Montblanc ballpoint refill with the extender attached, the Montblanc ballpoint refill with the extender separate, and the Montblanc ballpoint refill extender alone.

There are many folks who do not know that the extenders for the Montblanc ballpoint pen refill exist and this includes some working at Montblanc retail stores and pen stores. And, while most online stores only picture the basic refill, Worldlux.com includes a picture of the Montblanc ballpoint refill with the extender section attached; you will need to scroll down the page to the ballpoint section and left-click the view picture hyperlink.

post-33231-020390000 1282728050.png

post-33231-035247500 1282728071.png

post-33231-049392700 1282728081.png

Edited by elysee

Thank you very much for this info.

LeGrand Rollerball pen have larger refills. Are you absolutely sure this extender will fit on the LeGrand refills?

How do I get my hand on one? Are they available at the Mb boutiques or must i order via Worldlux?

Edited by pen jubky

Thank you very much for this info.

LeGrand Rollerball pen have larger refills. Are you absolutely sure this extender will fit on the LeGrand refills?

How do I get my hand on one? Are they available at the Mb boutiques or must i order via Worldlux?

It would be best to try the refill before you buy any. That has always been my habit since I protect my pens.

If you have a local pen store or Montblanc store then you should start there. At your pen store or nearby Montblanc store, inquire about the snap-in Montblanc extender for the ballpoint. As I mentioned, there are many stores that are not familiar with this extender. Others may be familiar with the extenders but not have them in stock; that was the case for me when I purchased ten blue refills at the Montblanc store in the Chicago airport in March (I always ask about the extenders). If you have any problems, you can ask the sales folks to check into getting them or even request the direct phone number for the Montblanc corporate headquarters. At either store, you should be able to try the refill in a LeGrand Rollerball pen to check the fit.

If you have any problems finding them, PM me and I can give you the name and phone number for what I consider to be the best pen shop -- Fred, the owner, is kind, helpful, and knows his pens.

Thak you élysée for pointing this out to me. Great stuff. I will inquire about it at my nearest boutique.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder whether Monteverde refill fits.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !