Stipula Model T Eye Dropper

Pippin60

It's a quiet evening so I was browsing various sites looking at fountain pens and I ran across an eye dropper version of the Model T. I have often thought about getting this pen, but I never saw an eyedropper version of it. I have to admit I would prefer the C/C version as I've had bad experiences at taking eye dropper pens in the wild :) . I looked at our reviews and didn't see one of this version.

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMO

• Thornton

• kazoolaw

• KenS

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the look of the eyedropper model more than the original which I own. I'm glad they've put the threads further up on the pen since the original version has a problem where the section will unscrew along with the cap. This could pose a very serious problem if using the pen as an eyedropper. The new Model T appears to not have such a design flaw.

"Instant gratification takes too long."-Carrie Fisher

From what I've understood, new model T, feature a triple filling system: direct (with eye dropper), cartridges, converter.

From what I've understood, new model T, feature a triple filling system: direct (with eye dropper), cartridges, converter.

Correct. I didn't realize at first that there was more than just the eyedropper option with the new model. Stipula has made several improvements to this model from the original design.

"Instant gratification takes too long."-Carrie Fisher

I didn't even realize there was a new version of the Model T until now. While the Model T isn't my favorite everyday carry, or letter writing pen, it is my favorite pen for taking notes during meetings. I use Pilot blue ink, and can leave the pen laying on my desk uncapped for several minutes at a time without it drying up. :thumbup:

I even got used to tightening the section down tightly enough that it won't unscrew with the cap.

Ken

Several weeks ago we went to NYC, and the pyrite Stipula was my pen souveneir.

It has a titanium nib, and I was told by the very helpful folks at Art Brown that it only comes in one width.

The pen also comes in a black/white swirl, but the FP was sold out in the store.

Very smooth writer, nicely balance both posted and not.

gary

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've just bought one Black Model T from the producer site. It has arrived in two days.

Indeed it has an "o" ring inside the barrel, allowing eyedropper ink filling. I'm also using the converter filling system, as I have also bad experience with an other eye dropper pen.

The first impression, when I took it in my hand, it was about how light it was, 24g including converter filled. Uncapped it is around 12g. With cap posted, becomes unbalanced for me.

What makes the cap so weighty is the clip.

Writing with it, is a real pleasure. The T-Flex nib, is not as smooth as I was expected, giving a nice paper feedback. In fact, you can hear you, writing. I have a Stipula Ventidue with a T-Flex nib, but with a different feeling, the nib being so smooth. So, I expected the same.

I've noticed that the Modello T has appeared to change in design since first introduced as a C/C model. The major change is that the threads were once at the top of the section near the nib. These more recent models show a metal collar.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the look of the eyedropper model more than the original which I own. I'm glad they've put the threads further up on the pen since the original version has a problem where the section will unscrew along with the cap. This could pose a very serious problem if using the pen as an eyedropper. The new Model T appears to not have such a design flaw.

Same behavior with the new T model, it unscrews along with the cap. At least it happened to me.