3 Herald Grandes From Edison Pens

stevlight

So I had one Herald grande Eyedropper in Red/Black Ebonite from Brian at Edison Pens and LOVE IT. See the review here. So I decided if I had three one for each of my favorite nibs for drawing it would be a dream come true. The first one has a Super Flex nib done by Brian and is AMAZING! The second has a "Condor" nib I made myself--not as good as the Condor done by Richard Binder but pretty good. I have a Condor by Richard for a Pelikan M805 and love it but did not want to knock out the nib to put it in the Herald--when my pen budget recovers I may have Richard make one that fits the Herald. The third is a B nib that flips to a fine done by Brian and I have to say this is my favorite and the one I use most. I LOVE the lines Brian engraved in the caps so I can tell the different nibs apart. These pens are just gorgeous and easy to clean out the Platinum Carbon Black ink I love--they come completely apart for easy cleaning. The other thing is this pen case I got from Levenger that I love. It is very thin and has no flap to get in the way and acts as an excellent pen pillow to lay the pen on to stop it from rolling around. Well here are the pics:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4080/4799876641_426e5f8876.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/4799877109_51d611b92b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4800511642_5a71d3fceb.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4800512502_eee31354ef.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4095/4799877897_695be212f6.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4119/4800512778_21619288df.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4102/4800634842_cd3217a4eb.jpg

Some drawings using the B nib for a book idea of a critter who lives in the walls.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4140/4800630898_400ffe2eb0.jpg

I can not say enough about the quality of Brian's pens-just amazing!

Edited by stevlight

www.stevelightart.com

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevlight

• Zenas

• RedSox04

VERY nice pens.

Are the sections on all 3 identical? Looks like they are straight, not wasp-waisted, which is my favorite shape.

Thanks for sharing,

gary

WOW, very, very nice pens! I like your drawings too! What notebook is that in the picture? It looks really cool.

Regards,

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Wow. This is my dream come true...except, I guess I would dream about you having the pens, but close enough. Congratulations, is all I can say! And: beautiful!

WOW, very, very nice pens! I like your drawings too! What notebook is that in the picture? It looks really cool.

Regards,

Indeed...what notebook is that?

"The rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God."

-- President John F. Kennedy, Jan. 20, 1961

"As government expands, liberty contracts."

--President Ronald Reagan--Farewell Address to the Nation Oval Office, January 11, 1989

It is an Exacompta sketchbook{very FP friendly paper} with a cover by Gfellar Casemakers {The cover was custom made of light tan kips leather but I covered it with "Scuff Magic" to make it black--now some of it is worn off to give that old look.}

I love how the case fits under the elastic with out stretching it too much.

www.stevelightart.com

It is an Exacompta sketchbook{very FP friendly paper} with a cover by Gfellar Casemakers {The cover was custom made of light tan kips leather but I covered it with "Scuff Magic" to make it black--now some of it is worn off to give that old look.}

I love how the case fits under the elastic with out stretching it too much.

Magnificent!

"The rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God."

-- President John F. Kennedy, Jan. 20, 1961

"As government expands, liberty contracts."

--President Ronald Reagan--Farewell Address to the Nation Oval Office, January 11, 1989

I envy your disposable income. :D

How did you make the condor? ie Use a long nose plier or fire to soften metal prior to bending with a plier?

Great pens (and nice notebook-cover!) :)

I saw the Herald with custom rings on Brians site and thought it looks really cool!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png fpn_1315221373__inkdroplogofpn.jpg

never thought I'd see the day...!

MB competition at stevlight's drawing board!!!

I KNOW!! I've been looking at me MB's and feeling bad for not using them! It is just nice to have the difference--the MB's WILL get used.

I envy your disposable income.

How did you make the condor? ie Use a long nose plier or fire to soften metal prior to bending with a plier?

I am very blessed. It is all money I save or a small precent of every book I do goes toward something "I want" but don't need and something nice for my wife that she wants--the rest goes to every other expense-- and savings.

The "condor" was just bent with my fingers and against the table. The tines at one point criss-crossed but then I flattened the top of the nib and then they laid next to each other. I then did alot of smoothing of the large flat part--till it gave a nice line--and alot of nib flossing to separate the tines but keep a nice curve. It works good--I mostly use it to fill black areas in small drawings in my sketchbook--if I was going to draw large drawings on location I would break out Richards. I only did this because I was never going to use that nib anyway --so I would not miss it--if I totally screwed it up.

www.stevelightart.com

Very nice work by Brian Gray and that flex looks just amazing! Thanks for sharing your pens with us Stevlight!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

:puddle: :puddle: :puddle: Nice drawing too!

PMS

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty -Thomas Jefferson

:puddle: :notworthy1: :puddle: :notworthy1:

wow....amazing pens, and amazing art...

even though i'm in love with my P51s, something just looks cheap about them now :o

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

It is so strange because I have all these AMAZING pens but I am illustrating a book right now---and what am I using--A stick I carved to a point, that I dip in ink!!--life is funny.

www.stevelightart.com

Well...you might as well put all your unnecessary pens into the "Pay it Forward" thread. In fact, I'd be glad to swap you 3 pointed sticks for your three Edisons.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde