#1 bugmd

bugmd

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 July 2010 - 23:36

Well you might have seen on the general writing forum where I received a lovely package from our favorite dealer, Bry. Since then I have had a chance to ink up the Lava/HOmo Sapien. Mine has a fine palladium nib that I would compare to a stiff fine DaniTrio nib, although a slight bit wider. Love the feel of the pen in hand. Do like the bayonet closure vis-a-vis the Divine Proportions. The bronze trim is a bit of a kick that I certainly do like more than yellow gold. Overall the pen is lighter in weight than I would have anticipated but I do like the feel. Certainly going to fit into the daily user routine for me.

Might not be the pen for everyone but I do like it. Bear in mind, I never was a fan of the Van Gogh series of pens, they never did anything for me. Pardon the quick and dirty snaps, but as as I always say "a quick and dirty snap is better than no snap at all", or something like that.

Posted Image
Posted Image
A. Don's Axiom "It's gonna be used when I sell it, might as well be used when I buy it."

#2 jasam

jasam

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 00:22

Incredible pen, one of the best combinatios that I've seen of Visconti: Lava and Bronze

Congratulations and hope you could post a writing sample!
Twitter:
@SalinasJA

#3 shrinknib

shrinknib

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:29

Nice one.
Is this going to displace the 4 wall streets from the daily rotation?? :unsure:
________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.
Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)

#4 tanalasta

tanalasta

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:41

Nice one.

Hmm... if not for the fact my Homo Sapiens has spent more time with Mike (and still not back) than I've even owned it I'd offer to send it to you to try if you don't have one already :)

Edited by tanalasta, 16 July 2010 - 12:42.

In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)
In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)

#5 jasam

jasam

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 13:42

Nice one.

Hmm... if not for the fact my Homo Sapiens has spent more time with Mike (and still not back) than I've even owned it I'd offer to send it to you to try if you don't have one already :)

I would love to have a HS one day..... just it is not in the top of my wish list... only MB pens right now... I got the Visconti I wanted and until the next cool design or another Chatterley Visconti (the reloaded version :ph34r: ) I'm not buying anymore.

Thanks that Bry sells a lot of MB pens!
Twitter:
@SalinasJA

#6 Susanna

Susanna

il meglio del Made in Italy

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:31

I never was a fan of the Van Gogh series of pens, they never did anything for me.

However, your package is the Van Gogh series' (or other series) package, not the Homo Sapiens original... which was smooth black rubber outside, smaller, and without ink. :)
Susanna
----------
Giardino Italiano, il meglio del Made in Italy - www.giardino.it - www.pens.it
Download Giardino's APP for iPad

My Facebook page
My Blog