Sheaffer - King's Gold

picautomaton

It appears that there is no review on King's Gold. It may be that it has been discontinued (U.S.A. line of Sheaffer). I was fortunate enough to obtain a bottle from my local dealer prior to the shop shutting down.

I used an HP scanner on photo setting.

post-27701-060410100 1278690893.jpg

Edited by George Chav

"One Ink-drop on a solitary thought hath moved the minds of millions" - P R Spencer

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sailor Kenshin

• picautomaton

• Ann Finley

• Signum1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the review. I don't think yellow inks sell well because they are difficult to read.

Thanks for the review. I don't think yellow inks sell well because they are difficult to read.

While I agree, in general, about yellow inks, this golden yellow ink is actually easily readable...Check out the other review that we have of it. The written sample that I have of it from some years ago looks to be less orange-gold and more of a flat gold. This is a color I wish they hadn't discontinued.

George, thanks for reviewing & calling attention to this ink. If anyone spots a bottle for sale they may find it worthwhile to have.

:) Ann

It's nice to see someone still has King's Gold. I used to have a bottle of it, but it must have disappeared when I moved last year. Thanks for the review.

Fair winds and following seas.

The ink looks good on off white paper too. Thank you for reading.

"One Ink-drop on a solitary thought hath moved the minds of millions" - P R Spencer

I still have an OLD bottle of this ink and I love it. It isn't yellow at all but a true golden, and easy enough to read.

Thanks for the review!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

While I agree, in general, about yellow inks, this golden yellow ink is actually easily readable...Check out the other review that we have of it. The written sample that I have of it from some years ago looks to be less orange-gold and more of a flat gold. This is a color I wish they hadn't discontinued.

George, thanks for reviewing & calling attention to this ink. If anyone spots a bottle for sale they may find it worthwhile to have.

:) Ann

There was no shading in the link to the The Noble Savage's ink review that you provided. Yes,I would agree that the King Gold is very easy to read in Noble Savage's ink review. Yet the nib used by George Chav produced shading for the King Gold. Perhaps the scan he supplied was not darken during the scanning process to provide better contrast. Overall I had to click to enlarge the image to read his ink review of the King Gold. I'll certain put this ink on the "Must try ink vials List."

Are there any comparable inks to this unique ink? I'd love to have a bottle of it - or something like it. I know Noodler's makes a Yellow but I believe it's in their Highlighter Series of inks.

Great review on this rare vintage ink!

- OPG4711

• 2 weeks later...

Hi OPG4711

I suspect that the Rohrer & Klinger 'Helianthus' ink may be similar. Sandy1 posted a great review on the Helianthus which made me think of the King's Gold color...

Very nice ink. I'm beginning to like gold/yellows.

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Thanks for bringing out this ink. I love reviews of old ink. I do them myself.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn130/ToasterPastryphoto/pop.jpg

Follow me on Twitter!

Read my silly blog!

I have a love/hate relationship with yellow/gold inks. I love them, but I hate to read them. I have partially solved this dilemma with Noodler's Apache Sunset which shades to orange.

http://i59.tinypic.com/ekfh5f.jpg

They still sell what they now call "Gold" in cartridges, but I'm not sure if it is identical. It seems strange they would change the formula and still call it "Gold." These are made in Slovenia.

It's definitely a different formula than the Slovenian Gold, which they should have just called "yellow."

Darn. I sort of figured as much.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Have you tried King's Gold an/or JH Ambre de Birmanie?

go for the JH A de B, you won't be regret it!!! it is a bit more gold/orangy that this one from sheaffer.